Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Is mrs brown funny? I can't stand the hoor
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

illdecide

can't stand the show myself
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

stew

Hysterical at times, funny most of the time.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ziggy90

It's 'laugh out loud' funny.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

maddog

It's right up there with citizen khan

Armamike

Don't like it.  Tries too hard to be funny, if that makes sense.
That's just, like your opinion man.

StGallsGAA

Crudeness is not the same as comedy.  Mrs Browne puts the toilet in toilet-humour.   The 'pretending to forget lines' gag is almost  painful to watch.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: StGallsGAA on March 25, 2017, 10:31:30 AM
Crudeness is not the same as comedy.  Mrs Browne puts the toilet in toilet-humour.   The 'pretending to forget lines' gag is almost  painful to watch.

Ah come on...you're not trying to suggest that the whole 'forgetting ' lines is scripted or something?  Heaven forbid!!! Whatever about anyone's opinion of it, and I think it's mildly amusing for a short burst, he has created a great Oirish Widow Twankey and people love it. Then again they loved Dame Edna too...but 'she' actually was very clever in her acts. He's just crude and that's a shame because it could actually be very funny

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 25, 2017, 10:39:40 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on March 25, 2017, 10:31:30 AM

Ah come on...you're not trying to suggest that the whole 'forgetting ' lines is scripted or something?  Heaven forbid!!! Whatever about anyone's opinion of it, and I think it's mildly amusing for a short burst, he has created a great Oirish Widow Twankey and people love it. Then again they loved Dame Edna too...but 'she' actually was very clever in her acts. He's just crude and that's a shame because it could actually be very funny

+1

It's a poor ripoff of Caroline Aherne's Mrs Merton and Royle Family characters but without the wit and comedy.

Tony Baloney

T Fearon

Like other crap "comedies" like Father Ted,Mrs Brown owes its popularity in Britain to its portrayal and compliance with the Irish stereotype view there that we are all stupid,idiotic,foul mouthed,drunken etc

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2013/jan/29/mrs-browns-boys-worst-comedy-ever-made-smash

You can tell O'Carroll till you're hoarse that Mrs Brown's Boys is backwards-looking, full of whiskery gags and a bit coarse in its stereotyping. He professes to care not a jot. "Who gives a f**k?" he says. "It is what it is. There are people who will love it, and people who won't."
The people who love it are, says O'Carroll, "the audience that comedy forgot". Alternative comedy – the punk-comedy revolution of the 1980s – steered mainstream humour away from the working men's club and towards the student union. Mrs Brown's Boys is taking it back again
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Sandy Hill

"Stercus accidit"