Started by macdanger2, January 26, 2016, 10:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Hound on March 22, 2017, 09:19:14 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 22, 2017, 09:12:31 AM
Quote from: Hound on March 22, 2017, 09:06:10 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 21, 2017, 01:38:38 PM
Final schminal.

Does anyone care? Come the summer, it will still be Dublin and then the rest.

And, honestly, on the off chance that Dublin don't make the final, do Donegal, Tyrone and Monaghan really want to play each other in a league final?
I'd say Tyrone would like another go at the Dubs in the NFL final.

You'd think Dublin would handle Roscommon very easily this weekend, based on logic. But I have a little uneasy feeling about it with the papers talking so much about the record. The Rossies probably should have beaten us last year, although they seem to have regressed since then.

If we do beat the Rossies, I think Monaghan would be a good bet to beat us in the last round of league games.

Any team that wants another go at Dublin is deluded.
Memory is not what it used to be, so maybe the Tyrone lads will correct me, but I think Dublin's last four matches v Tyrone have been 2 one point victories and 2 draws.

So even outside of championship play they haven't taken a scalp - what hope is there when the real stuff starts? Tyrone are well known to be a team that doesn't improve much if at all come summer.

GrandMasterFlash

If we do beat the Rossies, I think Monaghan would be a good bet to beat us in the last round of league games.

I sincerely hope so..  :) The margin of victory for Dublin over the last few meetings has been varied, so it's hard to call.. Ye gave us a good batin 2 years ago (I think..) in Clones in the last round on an Easter Sunday. I'm honestly not sure what Monaghan's plans are, they may be happy now with div 1 safety and use the last 2 games to give the new lads more game time, which hasn't been bad to us this year so far. They may also go all out for the final. It's close enough to the preliminary round game against Fermanagh (3/4 weeks I think) which is no foregone conclusion..

Personally, I'd like to see them continue to be competitive in every match as there is no substitute for winning ways.. In saying that, the Kerry game showed us that as a small county if you go all out to win every game you will pay for it in injuries, so there's a trade-off to be made..

I'm looking forward to the last 2 games in any case as both opponents tend to fire Monaghan up..  ;)

straightred

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on March 22, 2017, 12:34:54 PM

I sincerely hope so..  :) The margin of victory for Dublin over the last few meetings has been varied, so it's hard to call.. Ye gave us a good batin 2 years ago (I think..) in Clones in the last round on an Easter Sunday. I'm honestly not sure what Monaghan's plans are, they may be happy now with div 1 safety and use the last 2 games to give the new lads more game time, which hasn't been bad to us this year so far. They may also go all out for the final. It's close enough to the preliminary round game against Fermanagh (3/4 weeks I think) which is no foregone conclusion..

Personally, I'd like to see them continue to be competitive in every match as there is no substitute for winning ways.. In saying that, the Kerry game showed us that as a small county if you go all out to win every game you will pay for it in injuries, so there's a trade-off to be made..

I'm looking forward to the last 2 games in any case as both opponents tend to fire Monaghan up..  ;)

I think a lot depends on Sunday. If they lose that then they are likely to rest anyone with as much as a bruise for the Dublin game. Hope not as I'm going to the Dublin game and would like to see a contest and lets face it they need to have their best team out to have any chance.

Rossfan

Can ye all pray for us poor buicíns tomorrow :'(
Hope we can keep it to under 15 points.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Anyone listen to the piece on OTB about players travelling for training? It was based on a article written by a fella involved with the Mayo panel during the Horan era so it was primarily about mayo. Donegal probably suffer most from it though, followed by mayo.

Anyway, it was basically about how much tougher it is to for teams who have to travel long distances, unable to do collective training during the week or doing a long drive after training if you do. Fairly obvious points overall and not something that can be changed as things stand. However, I wonder will it be one of the drivers towards professionalism when it comes??

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 24, 2017, 11:34:17 PM
Can ye all pray for us poor buicíns tomorrow :'(
Hope we can keep it to under 15 points.

Paddy Joe reckons we're never beat anyways.

Rossfan

Hasn't he gone off to live in feckin Shligo :o

Goals_Will_Come

After next weekends final league round this is the number of weeks until first round of championship:
Dublin - 9
Donegal - 7
Tyrone - 8
Monaghan - 7
Kerry - 10
Mayo - 7
Cavan - 10
Roscommon - 11

Rossfan

We could play our entire club championship programme in that gap.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 25, 2017, 01:26:30 PM

McStay needs to keep them locked away to try and teach them how to identify players in different coloured shirts and run towards them.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on March 25, 2017, 12:15:50 PM
After next weekends final league round this is the number of weeks until first round of championship:
Dublin - 9
Donegal - 7
Tyrone - 8
Monaghan - 7
Kerry - 10
Mayo - 7
Cavan - 10
Roscommon - 11

Roscommon with the longest break decided to put the least amount of effort into the league. Pre planned or forced on them by the county board to save money?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

maigheo

Look away Mayo people.Cormac refing Ros and Dublin

Buttofthehill

Is it scoring difference or head to head that decides placing for teams on level points?

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Rossfan on March 25, 2017, 01:26:30 PM

We have done it & more than once ;D ;D ;D ;D
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Buttofthehill on March 25, 2017, 07:17:44 PM
Is it scoring difference or head to head that decides placing for teams on level points?

Head-to-head if only 2 teams level on points, if 3 or more then point difference.