The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 11, 2017, 12:46:44 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on February 10, 2017, 10:27:00 PM
I must live in an alternative universe to liberals

Now you're catching on, old boy!

The liberal universe - where all white males are viewed as evil and privileged and need to be exterminated from the planet, where the results of a democratic election are not accepted, where which bathroom you take a dump in becomes a national crisis, where rap is thought to be music, where disobeying law gets you support from a non-American US president, where tv and commercials beat you to death pushing diversity, where you can't afford to take care of your elderly/veterans but protest to bring in refugees, where rioting and looting is seen as an acceptable response if you're from a particular group and where Lena Dunham is revered as being funny and sexy.

No thank you.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

heganboy

Whitey,
You're usually better than that.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

omochain

Quote from: foxcommander on February 12, 2017, 02:05:31 AM

The liberal universe - where all white males are viewed as evil and privileged and need to be exterminated from the planet, where the results of a democratic election are not accepted, where which bathroom you take a dump in becomes a national crisis, where rap is thought to be music, where disobeying law gets you support from a non-American US president, where tv and commercials beat you to death pushing diversity, where you can't afford to take care of your elderly/veterans but protest to bring in refugees, where rioting and looting is seen as an acceptable response if you're from a particular group and where Lena Dunham is revered as being funny and sexy.

No thank you.

Typing while under the influence does not work for you😜

stew

Quote from: J70 on February 11, 2017, 08:46:36 PM
Quote from: stew on February 11, 2017, 08:41:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 11, 2017, 04:56:16 PM
http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2017/02/10/trump-travel-ban-in-court-ninth-circuit-decision/

the executive order violates the Establishment Clause of the Constitution. As the Supreme Court has stated in Larson v. Valente, "The clearest command of the Establishment Clause is that one religious denomination cannot be officially preferred over another." Yet Trump's order singles out only Muslim-majority countries for its outright ban on entry.

You conveniently left outvtge fact that ALL denominations from those countries are banned not just Muslims!

I am wondering how countries he does business in over there are exempt allegedly.

I am all for stopping people getting in until they are properly vetted,once vetted they should be allowed in as political refugees.

They ARE properly vetted.

They are not properly vetted, if they were there would not be a problem, get your head out of the sand, this has been an issue for many years.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

Which immigrants from these countries have posed problems in the past stew? 9/11 was Saudis. Why are they not on the list by the way? The Boston lads were from some former soviet republic I think??

Basically he just identified countries he doesn't like/deal with, and banned them to be seen to be doing something to protect the borders. Real security be damned.

Of course if I believed in Machiavellian politics (I do) I'd almost expect some sort of attack now so the Trump can say there you go, and force through his ban.

If he banned Saudi's there'd at least be some sort of rationale behind it.

J70

Quote from: stew on February 12, 2017, 10:41:35 AM
Quote from: J70 on February 11, 2017, 08:46:36 PM
Quote from: stew on February 11, 2017, 08:41:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 11, 2017, 04:56:16 PM
http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2017/02/10/trump-travel-ban-in-court-ninth-circuit-decision/

the executive order violates the Establishment Clause of the Constitution. As the Supreme Court has stated in Larson v. Valente, "The clearest command of the Establishment Clause is that one religious denomination cannot be officially preferred over another." Yet Trump's order singles out only Muslim-majority countries for its outright ban on entry.

You conveniently left outvtge fact that ALL denominations from those countries are banned not just Muslims!

I am wondering how countries he does business in over there are exempt allegedly.

I am all for stopping people getting in until they are properly vetted,once vetted they should be allowed in as political refugees.

They ARE properly vetted.

They are not properly vetted, if they were there would not be a problem, get your head out of the sand, this has been an issue for many years.

What's the problem stew?

whitey

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 12, 2017, 10:58:10 AM
Which immigrants from these countries have posed problems in the past stew? 9/11 was Saudis. Why are they not on the list by the way? The Boston lads were from some former soviet republic I think??

Basically he just identified countries he doesn't like/deal with, and banned them to be seen to be doing something to protect the borders. Real security be damned.

Of course if I believed in Machiavellian politics (I do) I'd almost expect some sort of attack now so the Trump can say there you go, and force through his ban.

I read/heard that the 7 countries were originally identified by the Obama admin as countries where it was borderline impossible to verify people's identities.  Either way it was poorly thought out and implemented even though there may have been some logic behind it

J70

Quote from: omochain on February 12, 2017, 04:25:07 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on February 12, 2017, 02:05:31 AM

No thank you.

Typing while under the influence does not work for you😜

The poor craytur... white men being set up for extermination, gay people and interracial couples on tv, Lena Dunham held up as the epitome of sexy western womanhood, a "non-American president", uppity refugees coming in to use up all our homeless budget... how does a man get out of bed in the morning when confronted with such paranoid delusions?

Hope he's getting the help he needs!

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 12, 2017, 12:06:38 PM

I read/heard that the 7 countries were originally identified by the Obama admin as countries where it was borderline impossible to verify people's identities.  Either way it was poorly thought out and implemented even though there may have been some logic behind it

Think the logic, as revealed by Rudy Giuliani on Fox News, was to find Trump a way to ban muslims legally. Presumably to deliver on his election promises.

And the previous rules looked at where people from countries with visa waivers had travelled or lived e.g. a lad from Paris or Brussels who had gone to Syria or Iraq would not automatically be allowed to enter the US due to concerns about him being radicalized and having gone there as a foreign fighter. It was pretty far from a blanket ban of citizens of those countries.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on February 12, 2017, 12:41:00 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 12, 2017, 12:06:38 PM

Think the logic, as revealed by Rudy Giuliani on Fox News, was to find Trump a way to ban muslims legally. Presumably to deliver on his election promises.

And the previous rules looked at where people from countries with visa waivers had travelled or lived e.g. a lad from Paris or Brussels who had gone to Syria or Iraq would not automatically be allowed to enter the US due to concerns about him being radicalized and having gone there as a foreign fighter. It was pretty far from a blanket ban of citizens of those countries.
Bannon is a clown. He doesn't understand how government works. The story is hugely embarrassing.  The administration is off to a dreadful start. Quite like Brexit.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/830054159885934593
PublicPolicyPolling
‏@ppppolls

By 51/23 margin, Trump voters say the Bowling Green Massacre shows why his Executive Order on immigration is needed:
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

It reminded me of this Not the Nine o'clock News sketch based on Ronnie Reagan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2n87YKSjrA
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians