The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus15

I agree a 4 year contract wouldn't have been a great idea at his age but they have gone fot 3 years with the option of a further year which makes more sense.

Would you prefer that Lallana didn't get a new contract and they shipped him out for a fraction of what he is worth Stallion?

J70

He's only 28 FFS. And its not like his game is based on blinding speed or physique.

Boycey

Jesus boys you just can't help yourselves  ;D

The Stallion

Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2017, 07:45:00 PM
He's only 28 FFS. And its not like his game is based on blinding speed or physique.

Lallana isn't going to get any better yet he's being given a highly lucrative new contract which is stupid. If the choice is between selling him in the Summer or giving him a 3 or 4 yr contract he should be sold.

Again this is not rocket science, merely common sense. Klopp makes a habit of poor decisions like this unfortunately.

Armamike

Good news on Lallana.  Dramatically improved this season, and probably Liverpool's player of the season along with Mane. Klopp should take credit for the way he's coached Lallana to become a much more effective player.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

Quote from: Armamike on February 22, 2017, 10:13:57 PM
Good news on Lallana.  Dramatically improved this season, and probably Liverpool's player of the season along with Mane. Klopp should take credit for the way he's coached Lallana to become a much more effective player.

Yep. :)

laoislad

Quote from: Armamike on February 22, 2017, 10:13:57 PM
Agreed. He has really improved under Klopp.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Far East

Why do you continually feed the Man Utd supporting troll from the shallower end of the Tyrone gene pool? (and that's pretty dam shallow!)

The Stallion

If you are referring to me, a cursory glance through my posts would tell you I'm not from Tyrone. I'm also not a Utd fan.

Please explain what made you come to these inaccurate conclusions.

heganboy

I see that there were a few Man U fans weren't too happy when Cantona said that his favorite team mate was Gary McAlister. I know there is no love lost but that's a Leeds vs MUFC thing and not a Liverpool thing right?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: The Stallion on February 22, 2017, 07:14:37 PM
Would be stupid to give Lallana a 4 year contract. He's a decent player, but at 28 is past his peak and shouldn't be given an improved contract.

But Klopp loves wasting money like this. He gave Mignolet a lucrative new contract instead of shipping him out.

They typically hit their peak at 29 so.......
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Stallion

I completely disagree. Most players are on the slide by 29.

Taylor

Quote from: The Stallion on February 23, 2017, 10:34:08 PM
I completely disagree. Most players are on the slide by 29.

29? No. Would say they are not on the slide until 31.
25-29 should be their peak.

Either way Lallana should not be the player liverpool are pining their hopes on or giving long term contract to.
If he wasnt english his talent would take him to an average premier league club

StGallsGAA

Err..  what happened to your Twitter page lads?  Yesterday it said you were the most successful English football club with 41 major honours. That seems to have been removed??? ;D

The Stallion

I wouldn't classify irrelevant domestic cups as major honours these days in fairness.