Electric up 33% Gas up 19% wtf

Started by spiritof91and94, September 10, 2008, 08:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

An the townies all laughed at me for keeping the open fire and plumbing in a back bolier  :D 

Will be picking up a trailer load of turf from Glencolmcille this weekend which should see me through the worst.

Sideshow Bob

Surely Norn Iron Electricity and Phoenix Gas should be forced to reduce their profit margins. I could understand a price rise if they were getting it tight, but they are making millions.

Insulate your home? Mine is very well insulated,  it still costs a fortune to heat??? Oil is now just below $100 a barrell from a high of $150, yet petrol prices have only dropped slightly.
Its all a revenue generator for the various governments and the man in the street is the loser again.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: downgirl on September 11, 2008, 10:56:15 PM
Do they add a lot to the bill Maggie??  It's quite annoying the heating in our place in Cork is electric and I don't like it seems to take ages to heat up the room.
Blow heaters adding to your electric bill is a myth - I have never noticed a change in the electric bill due to the use of them.

Electric heating is shit!
The best form of heat is central gas.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Diet Coke

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 12, 2008, 08:53:57 PM
Quote from: downgirl on September 11, 2008, 10:56:15 PM
Do they add a lot to the bill Maggie??  It's quite annoying the heating in our place in Cork is electric and I don't like it seems to take ages to heat up the room.
Blow heaters adding to your electric bill is a myth - I have never noticed a change in the electric bill due to the use of them.

Electric heating is shit!
The best form of heat is central gas.

With the amount of hot air you produce heating should not be a problem! ;)
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.