Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Yer man Conlon fought tonight should be ashamed.

Windmill abu

Never underestimate the power of complaining

JoG2

Quote from: Windmill abu on March 18, 2017, 03:16:28 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 18, 2017, 03:03:43 AM
Yer man Conlon fought tonight should be ashamed.
why?

Why indeed. Massive difference in class. Yer man knew once he offloaded he was getting a couple of body blows. When he finally came out his shell a bit more, Conlon went to town. Very exciting fighter with a big crowd behind him, could be a good fews ahead for Conlon

JimStynes

Should be ashamed? I thought it was an ok performance but he's a lot of pressure on him and it's his pro debut ffs. I'll judge him after he fights half decent people. Hopefully he can become a star!

Boycey

Maybe taken out of context as I've not seen the interview only read a few quotes but were his remarks about Frampton not a wee bit disrespectful? He's a fair bit to go to get to Frampton status..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on March 18, 2017, 11:09:08 AM
Maybe taken out of context as I've not seen the interview only read a few quotes but were his remarks about Frampton not a wee bit disrespectful? He's a fair bit to go to get to Frampton status..

He'll need a good PR person around him to tone down the smickness about him.... he's got great potential definitely has a world title in him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2017, 12:34:29 PM
Quote from: Boycey on March 18, 2017, 11:09:08 AM

He'll need a good PR person around him to tone down the smickness about him.... he's got great potential definitely has a world title in him
You're right, nobody likes a wee chippy lad from W. Belfast.

DuffleKing

A lot of clamour that Jacobs pipped GGG but I didn't see it that way. Jacobs' confidence grew as the fight wore on but by the time he realised he could take the shots and out box GGG he was coming from well down and had passed up winnable rounds through caution.

GGG is the champion and with his walk forward style, judges on an American promotion will always side with him in close and passive rounds. I had GGG 115-113.

JimStynes

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 19, 2017, 05:15:44 AM

A lot of clamour that Jacobs pipped GGG but I didn't see it that way. Jacobs' confidence grew as the fight wore on but by the time he realised he could take the shots and out box GGG he was coming from well down and had passed up winnable rounds through caution.

GGG is the champion and with his walk forward style, judges on an American promotion will always side with him in close and passive rounds. I had GGG 115-113.

I slept through my alarm ffs. Trying to find a link to watch it. Reading a lot of ppl saying that Jacobs was robbed though.

nrico2006

Was barely a mark on GGG at the end. It was tight but definitely a GGG win. Jacobs was huge though, IBF belt not even on the line.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Tough but clear GGG win in my book. Chocolatito on the other hand, was robbed blind.

BennyHarp

Only got round to watching Conlon last night and I found the whole ring entrance and hammed up irish thing with McGregor, leprechaun outfit and hat a bit cringeworthy. It was the Irish equivalent of watching Apollo Creeed enter the ring in Rocky 4. I'm massively excited about Conlon and I appreciate exploiting the Irish thing is a golden egg around NYC and Boston but I felt a bit uncomfortable about him talking about 3 weight world titles etc after his pro debut. I may be old fashioned but I would have preferred a few low key, down the order fights to get him up and running, make a few mistakes under the radar and get a couple of fights and a few wins under his belt before headlining at MSG. I hope the guys handling him have his best interests in mind.
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

I would agree benny. Many good amateurs don't cut it at pro. I like conlan but he can be quite immature in how he conducts himself but hopefully with a few fights under his belt he will grow up a bit.

Syferus

Boxing is show business lads. Same reason McG-Mayweather will happen. Conlan wouldn't be half as marketable if he was the Alan Sherer of boxing.

Boycey

Crolla Linares tonight, I like Crolla but think he's up against. Katie high up on the bill again...