TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Both teams were at the cynical stuff. Crokes were just better at it than Slaughtneil.
wouldn't begrudge Cooper his club medal though.

north_antrim_hound

What a bias disgusting performance by Deegan
Bradley got pulled and dragged and slap on the back of the head and he is the only one that gets red
After the Kerry player goes down like he was shot
Kerry persistant fouling
SN players would have needed a death certificate to get a free
Not crokes fault they got away with it
the ball recycling at the end was pethetic to watch
It wasn't puke football
It was puke refereeing
He can hang his head in shame
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

5 Sams

Yiz are good crack lads...giving off about Kerry football after the muck Ulster teams have inflicted on the nation since 2002.
The Aristocrat Years

The Stallion

Hypocrisy at it's finest. It's ok as long as their preferred team is winning.

JoG2

Quote from: clarshack on March 17, 2017, 08:34:40 PM
Both teams were at the cynical stuff. Crokes were just better at it than Slaughtneil.

You weren't watching the same game. Crokes were incredibly cynical today, all over the field, in and off the ball and were allowed to do it. Buckley must have committed 12 fouls himself before a yellow was produced. The no 11 on McKaigue etc etc. The going to ground at the slightest touch is a real gear grinder. All top club and County teams are cynical, it goes with the territory, but Deegan aided an off the charts 60 mins of it this evening.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 17, 2017, 09:45:43 PM
Yiz are good crack lads...giving off about Kerry football after the muck Ulster teams have inflicted on the nation since 2002.

You're some (hypocritical) craic yourself.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

longballin

Quote from: JoG2 on March 17, 2017, 10:33:34 PM

You weren't watching the same game. Crokes were incredibly cynical today, all over the field, in and off the ball and were allowed to do it. Buckley must have committed 12 fouls himself before a yellow was produced. The no 11 on McKaigue etc etc. The going to ground at the slightest touch is a real gear grinder. All top club and County teams are cynical, it goes with the territory, but Deegan aided an off the charts 60 mins of it this evening.

Players will do whatever they can get away with - fault lies entirely with the referee for not dealing with it.

Mikhailov

Very poor and easy analysis that - are you a journalist by any chance. At least try to highlight where SN were cynical. Several posters have highlighted their views on Crokes, you come out and say SN were st the same but don't back it up.

Patsy Bradley gets blatant elbow in the teeth from Gooch but no foul, gets kicked on the head with blood gushing out of the wound and it is a yellow. I haven't a word of Irish but could still make out that the commentators were discussing the cynical play from Crokes.

As for your last comment - wise up. How does Gooch deserve it over any other club player? Lots of club players have had heartbreak days, gut wrenching defeats, played a long time in their club jersey and won SFA - that is part and parcel of competitive sport.

Bottom line is that Deegan was a disgrace !

JoG2

Quote from: longballin on March 17, 2017, 11:00:55 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 17, 2017, 10:33:34 PM

Players will do whatever they can get away with - fault lies entirely with the referee for not dealing with it.

100%

The Stallion

Nonsense. While the referee was poor, players need to take responsibility for their own actions. People make too many excuses for the cynical fouling, diving etc which both teams are guilty of.

I guarantee some on here wouldn't have mentioned cynical play if Slaughtneil had won, because these same people have been making excuses when I have pointed it out before. At least have the consistency to treat cheating the same whether the team you prefer wins or loses. It's frankly pathetic how some people will change their principles when it suits them.

longballin

Quote from: The Stallion on March 17, 2017, 11:26:29 PM
Nonsense. While the referee was poor, players need to take responsibility for their own actions. People make too many excuses for the cynical fouling, diving etc which both teams are guilty of.

I guarantee some on here wouldn't have mentioned cynical play if Slaughtneil had won, because these same people have been making excuses when I have pointed it out before. At least have the consistency to treat cheating the same whether the team you prefer wins or loses. It's frankly pathetic how some people will change their principles when it suits them.

I didn't say I agree with cynical play I said players will do what they can get away with. You wanna stop cynical play... talk to their coaches and managers

clarshack

At the end of the day Crokes were the better team overall and if they hadn't missed an absolute sitter early in the first half they would have won by more. That particular miss and the missed free by Cooper at the end meant that Slaughtneil could and should have lost by 6 not 2. No fan of Deegan but I didn't think he was too bad. He was certainly better than the ref in the Macrory final who was terrible imo.

longballin

Quote from: clarshack on March 17, 2017, 11:44:46 PM
At the end of the day Crokes were the better team overall and if they hadn't missed an absolute sitter early in the first half they would have won by more. That particular miss and the missed free by Cooper at the end meant that Slaughtneil could and should have lost by 6 not 2. No fan of Deegan but I didn't think he was too bad. He was certainly better than the ref in the Macrory final who was terrible imo.

Deegan was a disgrace but was sending off cost them and can't argue with that.

Tubberman

Not an enjoyable club final for the neutral. Lots of cynical fouling, players over-reacting to fouls, and the last few mins of keep-ball was utter puke football.
It's seems club football is aping the worst of the intercounty style
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."