European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Watched it last night and had the mehhh ! feeling afterwards when I should have been in awe of the game.

Both penalties given imo were nonsense decisions. Diving all over the place with one team way more at it than the other.

Some amount of nonsense about the last pass in to the square for the goal at the end. Imo just a dink into the box with the PSG playing a shambolic offside line. Nice pass but not the sublime pass it was made out to be . Imo of course.

Syferus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 09, 2017, 09:39:33 AM
It will take PSG a long time to get over that, they threw it away. They were the better team over 2 legs as shown when they went 3-0 down last night and they created 4 great chances scoring one. YOu have to give Barca credit for the way they kept going given they scored 6 times without Messi & Suarez playing that well. If PSG had been 2-0 coming into that game last night I'd have expected them to go through, they approached the game in the wrong ways and its cost them.

As for Barca its hard to take to them, Suarez, Neymar & Busqets are 3 of the biggest cheats that have ever played the game, thought Neymar and Suarez took it too new levels last night. The cheats prospered last night, must be nearly 10 years since Eduardo was banned after diving against Celtic yet I can't remember it happening to a player since.

PSG were far from the best over the two legs. Even a team getting annihilated can get a few goal chances. Barca pressed them high up the field and they totally lost any sembelence of composure for 75 minutes of that match.

Very easy to like Barca too. What a wonderful footballing side. They may have won plenty but most would have been rooting for them over the oil men. There might be no better atmosphere in world sport than the Nou Camp at full tilt.

ashman

Quote from: Syferus on March 09, 2017, 10:23:29 AM
It will take PSG a long time to get over that, they threw it away. They were the better team over 2 legs as shown when they went 3-0 down last night and they created 4 great chances scoring one. YOu have to give Barca credit for the way they kept going given they scored 6 times without Messi & Suarez playing that well. If PSG had been 2-0 coming into that game last night I'd have expected them to go through, they approached the game in the wrong ways and its cost them.

As for Barca its hard to take to them, Suarez, Neymar & Busqets are 3 of the biggest cheats that have ever played the game, thought Neymar and Suarez took it too new levels last night. The cheats prospered last night, must be nearly 10 years since Eduardo was banned after diving against Celtic yet I can't remember it happening to a player since.

PSG were far from the best over the two legs. Even a team getting annihilated can get a few goal chances. Barca pressed them high up the field and they totally lost any sembelence of composure for 75 minutes of that match.

Very easy to like Barca too. What a wonderful footballing side. They may have won plenty but most would have been rooting for them over the oil men. There might be no better atmosphere in world sport than the Nou Camp at full tilt.

Who is sponsoring Barcelona ??

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Canalman on March 09, 2017, 10:16:44 AM
Watched it last night and had the mehhh ! feeling afterwards when I should have been in awe of the game.

Both penalties given imo were nonsense decisions. Diving all over the place with one team way more at it than the other.

Some amount of nonsense about the last pass in to the square for the goal at the end. Imo just a dink into the box with the PSG playing a shambolic offside line. Nice pass but not the sublime pass it was made out to be . Imo of course.

Agreed, according to Gerrard we're not football lovers for not jumping off the sofa when Barca got the 6th.

Minder

Diving in football ?? Never. There isn't a team that doesent do it so don't be holding your noses when your watching it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JoG2

Quote from: Minder on March 09, 2017, 10:43:33 AM
Diving in football ?? Never. There isn't a team that doesent do it so don't be holding your noses when your watching it

so that's it, it's part of the game, accept it, don't mention it and move on?

mrdeeds

Quote from: johnneycool on March 09, 2017, 09:25:19 AM
Quote from: PW Nally on March 08, 2017, 10:06:49 PM
Incredible finish. 3 goals required from 87th minute on. Neymar free kick, his penalty take from a dodgy decision and a perfect ball from him again into no man's land for Roberto to finish.
Di Maria fluffing his opportunity when straight through on Ter Stegen really poor as he seemed to be too indecisive and of course dived then to look to apportion blame elsewhere.

Some match. Suarez a horrible diving hoor when things not going his way.

Thought Mascerano caught Di Maria on the heel, didn't see any replays though to confirm that though.

He admitted himself he fouled DiMaria to prevent a goal. And someone earlier accused DiMaria of diving.

Minder

Quote from: JoG2 on March 09, 2017, 10:46:36 AM

Well there is no appetite for doing anything about it, it's been going on forever & yet people still seem surprised.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

shark

Teams don't dive, individuals do. There were more instances last night than you would see at some football grounds in an entire season. It spoils it for me, as a neutral who just wants to see an entertaining but fair sporting contest.

The Stallion

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 09, 2017, 10:07:44 AM
Did Michael Owen forget he played for Real Madrid, I doubt there's a club he played for where he's liked.

The ref was a disgrace last night, I find it odd how he got a great view of the first Barca pen but only gave it when the official behind the goal intervened; The same official didn't bother intervening when Suarez dived for the 2nd pen. I wouldn't have given the first one either, the PSG player's momentum carried him forward and he didn't change direction or deliberately try to bring down the Barca player. Then there's the obvious foul on Di Maria which would have been a pen and a red card.

Why would playing for Madrid prevent him from enjoying Barcelona's comeback last night?

I have yet to see conclusive footage showing Di Maria was fouled, anyone got a link which shows this?

The Stallion

Quote from: JoG2 on March 09, 2017, 10:46:36 AM

Most Liverpool supporters are only too happy to pretend Gerrard didn't dive in the 2005 Champions League final, and in many other games too.

Esmarelda

Couldn't agree more.

NAG1

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 09, 2017, 11:44:41 AM

Couldn't agree more.

Hard to argue with any of that, instead of being blown away by the scale of the come back it left a bitter taste in that the cheaters won out in the end.

Suarez throwing himself to the ground at every chance along with Neymar shockingly bad. Actually had the ref been doing his job properly he booked suarez for simulation and then after that he committed three or more fouls on the count up alone he should have seen red.

But anyway, goes to show that with all the crap that will be written about the game that it was, it was a hollow victory devoid of all the morality that would have made it a Glorious triumph.

gallsman

Quote from: The Stallion on March 09, 2017, 10:59:29 AM
Why would playing for Madrid prevent him from enjoying Barcelona's comeback last night?

Because MM has some weird idea that rather than comment on the game as paid to do, he should behave like a petty child and be raging with Barca for having the temerity to win a game of football, purely as a result of the fact he once played for their rivals.

Enjoy the lads to to Rostov tonight MM.

mouview

Not disagreeing with you, but Cavani is no angel either. Was karma for Barce' after what happened v Atletico in the semi' second leg last year; now there was cheating, gamesmanship, time-wasting etc. par excellence.