The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Quote from: CiKe on March 10, 2017, 09:48:03 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on March 10, 2017, 08:53:05 PM
Keith Earls. Jamie Heaslip.

Move them the f**k along please.

Wobbler you are probably the most vocal critic on here. Only a casual watcher so out of interest what would be your first 15 and match day squad assuming no injuries?

See this is all out of character for me. I'm normally all for loyalty and coaching.

I'm just absolutely sick to my eyeballs of watching Earls and Kearney run sideways then falling.

trileacman

Quote from: thewobbler on March 10, 2017, 09:51:32 PM

Wobbler you are probably the most vocal critic on here. Only a casual watcher so out of interest what would be your first 15 and match day squad assuming no injuries?

See this is all out of character for me. I'm normally all for loyalty and coaching.

I'm just absolutely sick to my eyeballs of watching Earls and Kearney run sideways then falling.

The centres are shite too. Schmidt is a ultra-conservative coach hence our lack of ability to create any real quality against the top sides.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Owen Brannigan

Marmion has filled in well.

Gold

Tommy bowe may be done
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

seafoid

The no Connacht policy is not working
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

JoG2

Quote from: trileacman on March 10, 2017, 09:52:42 PM

The centres are shite too. Schmidt is a ultra-conservative coach hence our lack of ability to create any real quality against the top sides.

Earls was very good tonight and I'd be far from his biggest fan. Outside Sexton, we're not overally inventive out the back but a damn site more inventive than Wales. One side got the breaks inside in the opposition's 22,  that was the difference tonight

CiKe

Ok so what is the solution? I always thought Kearney was one of the best in world under a high ball but that aside was about as average as they come. I don't watch enough provincial rugby to have an opinion on what the alternatives are. People talk about Payne at full-back, is that realistic? We seem to have a serious lack of pace across the backs.

thewobbler

When you say Earls was "very good" tonight, are you basing that on the fact that two tries came up his wing, and his cumulative carries (I'm guessing) will average about 0.1 yards, and that he never made a single line break or telling pass?

He was far fro the worst player on show tonight. But it's redefining very good to put him in that category. Not guilty is the best way I could sum up how performance.

By the way, Rory Best, Tommy Bowe and Andrew Trimble are also very much done in 2017, if anyone is worried about my provincial bias.

Syferus

Earls was probably the best back today.

Told ye not to get too excited after beating a half-interested All Blacks B side last Authumn. Second best team in the world my arse. If something happens to Murray or Sexton we become extremely average. Coupled with our terrible lineout performance we were cooked. Should have got that try from that maul, though.

Going to take some effort to not be humiliated by the Tans next weekend when we're losing to average Wales and Scotland sides.

Main Street

A hair's breadth from going a deserved one point ahead, to going 13 points down in the blink of an eye.

trileacman

The backs as a group are pretty Shite. St joe has to shoulder the blame. If we'd just a shite FB or outhalf he could get away with it but to train such a low standards as that is a balls-up.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

JPGJOHNNYG

With seedings for the world cup coming up ireland could not have picked a better time to start f*cking up. Declan kidney had a couple of dodgy years post grand slam too showing too much faith in underperforming players before the implosion, its all got a similar feel to it. This and last years 6 nations have been very poor.

Bord na Mona man

Very good defence from Wales all night. They never got distracted by all of Ireland's wraparound and reverse passes. Not enough varation from Ireland, needed a few chips over the top to fracture the Welsh defensive line. 
Ireland generally don't win those tight games where they have to try and get ahead in the 2nd half. For a years now, they've needed to build up a total long before the hour mark.
Even had Ireland gone ahead, some Irish player would have fluffed it to let Wales win.

GaillimhIarthair

Back row beaten out the gate, line out was its usual mixed bag and we are clueless in the opposition 22 - we are a hard to to watch at times and a good defensive team shuts us down rather easily.

Bord na Mona man

Six tries conceded against Wales and Scotland, might as well start picking backs who can attack at that rate.