Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2020/2021

Started by SCFC, August 06, 2020, 11:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silkyskillssunshinee

Another great win for Park yesterday against a Carlow side, it's been some year for them altogether. Don't see why some people reckon they'll struggle with Senior football, they have plenty of youth and athleticism with the likes of Podge Dunne and Fingleton in the middle a very mobile duo. I wouldn't be surprised to see them reach a Leinster final with the form they're in.

Helix.

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on November 21, 2021, 07:11:05 AM
Another great win for Park yesterday against a Carlow side, it's been some year for them altogether. Don't see why some people reckon they'll struggle with Senior football, they have plenty of youth and athleticism with the likes of Podge Dunne and Fingleton in the middle a very mobile duo. I wouldn't be surprised to see them reach a Leinster final with the form they're in.

Yesterday they were sloppier than they were in Laois championship, but a win all the same.  The opposition were woeful though. Will do them good though and focus the mind. I do agree they won't be far off it if they play like they did earlier in championship. Another challenge in 2 weeks vs Wexford champions at home venue.

clonadmad

Quote from: Helix. on November 21, 2021, 07:20:25 AM

Yesterday they were sloppier than they were in Laois championship, but a win all the same.  The opposition were woeful though. Will do them good though and focus the mind. I do agree they won't be far off it if they play like they did earlier in championship. Another challenge in 2 weeks vs Wexford champions at home venue.

Missing one if not 2 lads with covid as well?

Good to see both Laois clubs progressing yesterday

Spiritof86

Quote from: clonadmad on November 21, 2021, 10:33:27 AM

In fairness to them they've been on the beer for a while and as an above poster said were missing a few starters . They'll take yesterdays win all day long .

Helix.

Quote from: Spiritof86 on November 21, 2021, 09:49:01 PM

In fairness to them they've been on the beer for a while and as an above poster said were missing a few starters . They'll take yesterdays win all day long .

Blowing out the cobwebs and rightly so when you win a county title, in their case, titles, beer away🍺

As I said, a win is a win. Different test the next day however.

SCFC

Quote from: Helix. on November 21, 2021, 09:55:20 PM
Quote from: Spiritof86 on November 21, 2021, 09:49:01 PM

Blowing out the cobwebs and rightly so when you win a county title, in their case, titles, beer away🍺

As I said, a win is a win. Different test the next day however.
I'd expect them to beat the Wexford team. The second tier in Wexford isn't great.