Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 14, 2023, 07:28:18 PM12-2 win for magherafelt in the semi. New bridge will be disappointed with that score.

f**k me I'm getting scundered with these type of games. In sure the likes of Newbridge Exile and others around that generation will agree. We've all lost championship matches, semi finals even, but to lose and score 2 f**king points
Seriously like
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Wildweasel74

Wasn't at the game the night, too tight to get home for the Rugby, what happened Newbridge the night, seen them a couple times this year, thought they looked quite good, where I wasn't impressed with Magherafelt, earlier in the season. 2pts in 60+mins poor return for a team I would ranked top 4 in Derry.

referee

Newbridge management only know everyman behind he ball shita.nd it only gets you so far,hence why they've got tanked in the semis for 2 years,bar m/felt,S/Neil and glen, senior is poor enough standard,hence why they made it to the last 4

marty34

Quote from: referee on October 15, 2023, 10:10:08 AMNewbridge management only know everyman behind he ball shita.nd it only gets you so far,hence why they've got tanked in the semis for 2 years,bar m/felt,S/Neil and glen, senior is poor enough standard,hence why they made it to the last 4

Scoring 2 points in 62/63 mins is brutal. 

Why even turn up?

Brendan

For all the slating of the round Robins they provided alow more entertainment than those 2 semis  :-\

Red10

Well done to Glen and Magherafelt but most of the football that is being played is brutal stuff to watch. That Newbridge score just shows all that is wrong. No wonder there are so few top forwards in Derry with lads spending most of the game in their own half.

Wildweasel74

Derry haven't found any new forwards for next year, hard do when teams play so defensive

theticklemister

Jesus, Derry football is brutal to watch, but this has been the case for last 10-15 years. Pure utter shite.

OakLeaf

Glen 1-0 up after 23 minutes! At least it picked up a bit after that and there was interest until the end, but it was a hard watch football wise.

Dunsilly King

I guess you guys watched it on stream, I was at it and found the game absorbing to watch, tactical, physical and intense. Wasn't disappointed at all. One comment, I thought the the ref was terrible, at times I questioned did he actually know the rules. The amount of blatant fouling that went in in pain site, off the ball dragging on kickouts. The lack of protection offered to quality players such as Doherty and Rodgers by the ref, again in plain site does the ref no credit at all. 

Wildweasel74

Alot of senior teams struggle to have one good forward foreby 2/3 hard to see how the way club teams play benefit the county team, it doesn't benefit the standard of club football. Though Mickey Harte love that crap on show, a sign of things to come.

Real Talk

Agree with DS on the performance of the Ref and assistant officials there very very poor no protection given too (in patricular ) targeted players on one occasion Conor Glass charged/went through B Rogers and Glen still got the free ) .... also disappointed with Shane McG's shooting ... earlier in the year he was scoring from the corner flag ....

Link

ref set the tone for his performance after 10 seconds. cost glen a point and gave a free to slaughtneil. Glass got his foot to the ball and was upended. 2hour 45 into stream.

Another moment in the 2nd half stood out to me, advantage played for a pull on a glen runner by slaughtneil number 4 - obvious yellow. Glen kicked into block 4 seconds later with no real advantange, slaughtneil regain possession and play not brought back. Yellow card not given due and no benefit to glen when possession was so crucial at that stage. 3hour 52 into steam. 52 mins played.

mcfauls yellow card is worth a watch back, not a whole pile in it.

InnocentByStander

No mention of the obvious square ball on here yet...

Link

Quote from: InnocentByStander on October 16, 2023, 11:38:23 AMNo mention of the obvious square ball on here yet...

that obvious it doesn't even need mentioned. video on twitter last night.