?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 08, 2023, 11:25:10 AM
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/2023/07/21/news/all_blacks_call_for_peter_hughes-3459229/

With us losing Peter Hughes and still uncertainty around whether Meenagh will remain as manager next season, there is a risk of the Senior team losing momentum.

In my opinion, DCB need to settle the ship asap. If he is willing to take the job, Meenagh should be offered the role and given the freedom to add to his backroom team.
If he's not going to take the role, then hopefully we move quickly to secure new management.
There's no doubt MOR would be the favourite to land it and if, as reported, Logan and Dooher get another 3 years with Tyrone then he wont get his head turned by other county sides.
If not Meenagh or MOR, who else is out there?

john brennan is free now that he's away from Swatragh
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

InnocentByStander

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 08, 2023, 11:25:10 AM
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/2023/07/21/news/all_blacks_call_for_peter_hughes-3459229/

With us losing Peter Hughes and still uncertainty around whether Meenagh will remain as manager next season, there is a risk of the Senior team losing momentum.

In my opinion, DCB need to settle the ship asap. If he is willing to take the job, Meenagh should be offered the role and given the freedom to add to his backroom team.
If he's not going to take the role, then hopefully we move quickly to secure new management.
There's no doubt MOR would be the favourite to land it and if, as reported, Logan and Dooher get another 3 years with Tyrone then he wont get his head turned by other county sides.
If not Meenagh or MOR, who else is out there?

I think this is the one job which would get Jim McGuiness back into management to try and go one better than RG

Brendan

Quote from: Bring back club football on August 09, 2023, 07:18:50 AM
Quote from: ck on August 08, 2023, 03:50:12 PM
Quote from: Bring back club football on August 08, 2023, 12:18:00 PM
Meenagh gone.

Source?

If you know any Derry players ask them.

Conor Glass posted the dancing Pallbearers on Instagram around the time you posted that which had me suspicious but still haven't seen it anywhere reputable

Waataboutyee

Whats the verdict on the club football scene.
Are the wattys going to walk to 3 in a row?
Can anyone challenge them?
Went to see them playing the surs tonight and they looked good, even without big Conor and Ethan.

Wildweasel74

Set up ridiculous, in the old days a team win a club all Ireland playing less games than to win a Derry club championship.

Silver hill

Think about it though, Derry finished up in early July, mist of them took a break or a holiday (which they deserved). The Derry league was drawing to a close at that point. What other way is there of getting the county players games with their clubs other than what has been devised by cccc?
Effectively, the 6 round robin games are glorified league games. For me, and I think for a lot of people, the real think only kicks off with the quarter finals and straight knockout. The round robin format also has the added spice of the potential for relegation from senior championship which leaves each game meaningful. With the split season, I think it's the only format that could work.
The alternative is the Tyrone format of straight knockout. Their league is much more prestigious than ours so they play their championship later in the season and allow several league games with their county players. It's just a different way of doing it to suit each county.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Waataboutyee on August 10, 2023, 01:19:09 AM
Whats the verdict on the club football scene.
Are the wattys going to walk to 3 in a row?
Can anyone challenge them?
Went to see them playing the surs tonight and they looked good, even without big Conor and Ethan.
Scary he strength in depth they have Carville, Flanagan McGuckian and McFaul also didn't  start

RedHand88

Rorys da on the front page of the Impartial Reporter and its not good...

toby47

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 10, 2023, 12:08:15 PM
Rorys da on the front page of the Impartial Reporter and its not good...

Any online link to this?

Interstellar

The father of former Cavan and Fermanagh player, Rory Gallagher, has been arrested on assault charges

The father of Rory Gallagher, the former Fermanagh and Cavan player and football manager, has been arrested and charged with common assault.

The PSNI confirmed to Northern Sound a man in his seventies was arrested in Belleek, County Fermanagh last Wednesday, 2nd August on suspicion of common assault. .

The police statement said the man was "later released on police bail to allow for further enquiries to be carried out" and said their investigation continues".