Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maldini

Quote from: thewobbler on August 14, 2022, 02:10:22 PM
So after 5 or so years of seeing off everyone outside the top 4 with no more difficulty than a child learning to suck on a dummy, football's extraordinary disinterest in a level playing field has seen City being allowed to buy Haaland, and ensure that their almost every game is a procession.

It's 2 weeks in and I hate football on so many levels.

Being allowed to lol
How were they going to stop the most successful team of the last decade in the most lucrative league in the world signing a player for 51m, a relative bargain on all fronts given what some other players have gone for.

Also, they've played two games

Captain Obvious

Left it late however a good result for Tottenham as they look to finish the season in 3rd ahead of Chelsea.

laoislad

Handbags at the end. Sky Sports trying to make a big deal out of it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gael80

So after 5 or so years of seeing off everyone outside the top 4 with no more difficulty than a child learning to suck on a dummy, football's extraordinary disinterest in a level playing field has seen City being allowed to buy Haaland, and ensure that their almost every game is a procession.

I'm sure the reasons are genuine but Bournemouth made a number of changes yesterday which might give a clue into how other managers are now thinking. A game against City is becoming one or two to get out of the road, with more important games around the City fixtures.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: laoislad on August 14, 2022, 06:40:52 PM
Handbags at the end. Sky Sports trying to make a big deal out of it.

Handbags after spurs 1st equalizer too. Contes gona be anything but boring tbh

thewobbler

Quote from: maldini on August 14, 2022, 06:12:41 PM

Being allowed to lol
How were they going to stop the most successful team of the last decade in the most lucrative league in the world signing a player for 51m, a relative bargain on all fronts given what some other players have gone for.

That's really my point. Football could only be a better spectacle if the authorities stepped in and prevented cartels. People laugh at the French league. That's what City are going to the PL.

trailer

Points need deducted from both clubs.

maldini

Quote from: thewobbler on August 14, 2022, 08:49:31 PM
Quote from: maldini on August 14, 2022, 06:12:41 PM

Being allowed to lol

That's really my point. Football could only be a better spectacle if the authorities stepped in and prevented cartels. People laugh at the French league. That's what City are going to the PL.

Difference is the French league doesn't have other clubs who spend similar amounts to PSG
United have spent similar to City in the last decade
Chelsea wouldn't be far off it either and have a massive squad

City shouldn't be punished for being well coached and doing good transfer business while United have McTominay and Dalot still running about after spending £1bn

Gael85

Liverpool should win this 3/4-1 now

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2022, 10:00:45 PM
Relegation 6-pointer.

Liverpool should score 6 against Utd, 3 on the bounce for utd
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gael85

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2022, 10:03:12 PM
Relegation 6-pointer.

3-0 defeat would be good result for Man Utd next week.

quit yo jibbajabba

Pool utd and everton to go down. Save this tweet

Turf

Quote from: Gael85 on August 15, 2022, 10:10:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2022, 10:03:12 PM
Relegation 6-pointer.

3-0 defeat would be good result for Man Utd next week.
I dunno, Liverpool were very ordinary last night and in the bits I saw vs Fulham. They have a good few injuries and now Darwin will be missing also so are short on options up front with Jota still out.
Man United need a reaction after Brentford so what better game than Liverpool at home?
Liverpool look fragile at the back. Don't think it's going to be a 0-5 game like last season.

From the Bunker

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 16, 2022, 01:05:59 AM
Pool utd and everton to go down. Save this tweet

At least Liverpool will still have their two biggest Derby games of the season.