Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

1. City bought Haaland just so no one else can have him
2. £100m man Grealish not getting a look in, he's top class but Pep can't make it work, shambles
3. Pep doesn't like big personalities, Haaland will be his new Zlatan
4. Boring as fvck cheating ba$tards

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tiempo on August 01, 2022, 12:49:51 PM
2. £100m man Grealish not getting a look in, he's top class but Pep can't make it work, shambles

Yeah I think being exciting and not winning the league is far better
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

meatsy86

World Cup will have a massive say in who wins the league this year. 5 weeks away from their clubs for players. Playing in 40C heat is bound to have its toll. It will obviously depend on what countries get to what stage of the WC and what players that involves. Will be interesting the fixtures around Christmas and who has the squad depth to be able to give certain players a rest.

Captain Scarlet

I reckon Liverpool will win with City 2nd, Spurs 3rd and Chelsea 4th.

But, I could easily switch Arsenal or United into 4th.

Bournemouth, Fulham to go back down and I've a feeling Everton could be a mess.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

RedHand88

Quote from: meatsy86 on August 01, 2022, 01:11:22 PM
World Cup will have a massive say in who wins the league this year. 5 weeks away from their clubs for players. Playing in 40C heat is bound to have its toll. It will obviously depend on what countries get to what stage of the WC and what players that involves. Will be interesting the fixtures around Christmas and who has the squad depth to be able to give certain players a rest.

Big help to Liverpool Salah not going.

laoislad

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 01, 2022, 01:19:49 PM

I agree with you about Everton, wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go. Frank might be the first manager to get the chop also.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

tiempo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2022, 12:54:20 PM

19 teams won't win the league, a bit of sporting integrity wouldn't go amiss

Pep's dilemma was Haaland playing for Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, other was going to make their challenge for the CL more difficult, so he bought the brute to save himself the hassle

I'd rather be a Liverpool supporter and come second than be a Man City fan and win the lot, the league itself is compromised due to financial doping as you know

Taylor

Quote from: tiempo on August 01, 2022, 01:53:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2022, 12:54:20 PM

19 teams won't win the league, a bit of sporting integrity wouldn't go amiss

Pep's dilemma was Haaland playing for Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, other was going to make their challenge for the CL more difficult, so he bought the brute to save himself the hassle

I'd rather be a Liverpool supporter and come second than be a Man City fan and win the lot, the league itself is compromised due to financial doping as you know

I'd rather be a Man City supporter and come second than be a Liverpool fan and win the lot, the league itself is compromised due to Liverpool players all having asthma as you know

johnnycool

Quote from: laoislad on August 01, 2022, 01:52:24 PM

I agree with you about Everton, wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go. Frank might be the first manager to get the chop also.

get in Idrissa Gueye he'll make a power of difference to Everton who's midfield has been a big achilles heel.

He was some spud in his day and I know he's early 30's now, but can only be an upgrade on Gomez/Davies/Allan/An other...

Barkley would be a poor signing even on a free but Batshuayi might be worth the punt.

But yes, I can see Everton struggle badly if DCL isn't bagging them in on a regular basis.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 01, 2022, 01:52:00 PM

Big help to Liverpool Salah not going.
The world cup could be a big factor alright, from a Liverpool point of view the worrying thing is pretty much all of thier midfeild - Fabinho, henderson, Thiago, Kieta - will be going to the world cup and are all either over 30 or injury prone ( or both)
The form of Jones/ Carvalho/Elliot when needed could be really important.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

Quote from: laoislad on August 01, 2022, 01:55:02 PM
Won't be near 40c more like 29-30c that time of year plus all the stadiums have air conditioning systems  put in to cool the entire stadium.
Not ideal having it when it is in the middle of a season but I don't think heat will be as big a factor as some think.
The December World Cup will arse up the Premiership season rather than the GAA season
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on August 02, 2022, 03:53:45 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 01, 2022, 01:55:02 PM
Won't be near 40c more like 29-30c that time of year plus all the stadiums have air conditioning systems  put in to cool the entire stadium.
Not ideal having it when it is in the middle of a season but I don't think heat will be as big a factor as some think.
The December World Cup will arse up the Premiership season rather than the GAA season

Those Ballyhale hoors love a good soccer match and if they're preparing for a Leinster title challenge or AI series game they'll be wanting the game moved.

Who doesn't love watching Norway vrs Cameroon?

johnnycool

Quote from: johnnycool on August 01, 2022, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 01, 2022, 01:52:24 PM

get in Idrissa Gueye he'll make a power of difference to Everton who's midfield has been a big achilles heel.

He was some spud in his day and I know he's early 30's now, but can only be an upgrade on Gomez/Davies/Allan/An other...

Barkley would be a poor signing even on a free but Batshuayi might be worth the punt.

But yes, I can see Everton struggle badly if DCL isn't bagging them in on a regular basis.

DCL out with a knee injury, 3 months allegedly..

Here comes Rondon, Everton are fucked...