Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

nrico2006

Quote from: caprea on August 13, 2021, 09:28:57 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 13, 2021, 09:10:32 PM
Don't see why Chelsea are so favoured to be honest, spent a lot last summer and were expected to do well too. I could laugh and the change in attitude towards Lukaku being signed considering the joke figure every one saw him when at United. Chelsea have a notoriously bad record with high profile strikers too, so don't be surprised to see Lukaku be mediocre enough.

Lukaku scored 12 and 16 league goals for United in his two seasons there. So even if he "flops" again he'll be by far their top scorer on last seasons history at Chelsea.

Lukaku is a born goal scorer, he's scored 200 approx senior goals. You can doubt him if you wish but you are likely to be wrong.

If Lukaku scores 12, 16 or around that number then he has flopped.

Tuchel seemed to improve Chelsea but they were still nothing special in the league.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

SHEEDY

Predictions

Top 4
1) Chelsea
2) Man City
3) Man Utd
4) Liverpool

Top Scorer - Lukaku

Best Signing - Lukaku

Team that will do surprisingly well - Brentford

Teams that will do surprisingly bad - Everton/ Leeds/ Spurs
nil satis nisi optimum

thewobbler

What is it that Lukaku has done in a year in Italy, to suggest he's become a player of the year type?

He isn't flexible enough,!doesn't work hard enough, or contribute enough when it matters, to play for a top side. In cricket they'd call him a flat track bully.

stiffler

Man Utd fans fighting with Leeds fans in the middle of Manchester this morning.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: stiffler on August 14, 2021, 12:19:29 PM

Great to see the old rivalries back....does anybody think that given the rise of right wing England there might be a rise in football violence like back in the gold old days in the 80's?  I watched the whole business of the Chelsea fans being 'marched' to the game the other night and had visions of the Headhunters and their ilk gaining traction in an time where there is a vacuum of political leadership and potential of social unrest as the fallout of Brexit continues?

BennyCake

Quote from: stiffler on August 14, 2021, 12:19:29 PM

I hope they were socially distancing at the time.

quit yo jibbajabba

Do they bring chairs to these fights? Theres always chairs. Do they practice hand to hand combat or swing chairs about for practice. So many questions

yellowcard

There will be less tourist day tripping fans travelling this season until Covid subsides. Therefore clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool in particular will have more locally based fans at matches. The local rivalries mean more to those types of fans than those travelling from abroad. Leeds and Man Utd always had a deep hatred for each other so it shouldn't come as much surprise.

Good show on Netflix at the minute is Green Street which was about the viciousness of the West Ham and other clubs 'Firms' a few decades back. I don't think it will get back to that but who knows there is certainly a rise in the far right going on in England which can't be taken for granted.   

SHEEDY

Sancho and Rashford you let the country down, sing the Leeds fans. Good to have the fans back 😂
nil satis nisi optimum

nrico2006

Quote from: thewobbler on August 14, 2021, 11:32:08 AM
What is it that Lukaku has done in a year in Italy, to suggest he's become a player of the year type?

He isn't flexible enough,!doesn't work hard enough, or contribute enough when it matters, to play for a top side. In cricket they'd call him a flat track bully.

My thoughts exactly. The people calling him signing of the season were probably the same people who ridiculed him weekly when at United. I like Lukaku but padding your stats in Italy for two seasons isn't going to change the player you are.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

yellowcard

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 14, 2021, 01:08:06 PM

My thoughts exactly. The people calling him signing of the season were probably the same people who ridiculed him weekly when at United. I like Lukaku but padding your stats in Italy for two seasons isn't going to change the player you are.

He is a good striker but the system must be built around his strengths. His first touch is not great but there is enough pace and movement around him in that Chelsea side to compensate for his deficiencies. He could be the missing piece that Chelsea were missing as Werner clearly wasn't producing the goals required.   

Captain Obvious

Would be a welcome addition to Chelsea they haven't had that type of striker for a while. Lukaku could easily finish the top scorer in the Premier league without scoring against the top 4 or 5 teams.

imtommygunn

He has very poor movement in the box and touch can be ropy. Coming from deep he is very good at scoring goals though.

gawa316