Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Hardy

U20's beat Louth by 3. Anyone any idea of the team line or the squad for the year, Louth GAA had their team up on social media, Down useless once again.

snoopdog

Anyone know how long before the game you can buy a ticket . Weather forecast is poor for tomorrow. Rain most of day. So I was holding off to make sure its actually going ahead.

SHEEDY

Quote from: snoopdog on February 19, 2022, 09:26:18 PM
Anyone know how long before the game you can buy a ticket . Weather forecast is poor for tomorrow. Rain most of day. So I was holding off to make sure its actually going ahead.
afaik you can buy a ticket right up until to throw up time
nil satis nisi optimum

Johnnysboys

Don't know exact team but the following played according to the video Louis mcNally put up
On Facebook earlier..

1. Aaron Murdock - Burren - strange considering Furling from Ballyholland and Grant from Burren are actual goalkeepers and didn't play..
defence

Tony Magee - Burren
Ryan magill - Burren
Shane Close Clonduff
John Boden - Clonduff ???
Not sure who number 2 or 6 are but big McCarthy from burren in picture too

Midfield
Peter McEvoy - Clonduff

Forwards
Oisin Savage - Loughinisland
MacDarragh Hynds - Kilcoo
Padraig Clancy - Clonduff
Oran Cunningham - Downpatrick
Joe Tunney - Carryduff??

Not sure of others..

Why is our county PRO so ineffective at their job?? I'm not asking them to be at every football and hurling match but make someone on the management team responsible for sending through information so it can be posted on social media. In 2022 we are so far behind even on simple things like this - it's crazy..

snoopdog

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 19, 2022, 10:10:39 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on February 19, 2022, 09:26:18 PM
afaik you can buy a ticket right up until to throw up time
Cheers

Too many steps

Quote from: Ed Hardy on February 19, 2022, 04:26:49 PM
U20's beat Louth by 3. Anyone any idea of the team line or the squad for the year, Louth GAA had their team up on social media, Down useless once again.

1 A Murdock

2 E Swail
3 R Magill
4 T Magee

5 S Close
6 P McCarthy
7 T Hardy

8 S Donegan
9 P McEvoy

10 M Hynds
11 O Savage
12 O Cunningham

13 J Rodgers
14 P Clancy
15 J Tunney

Hard2Listen2

Is the game in Navan on BBC iplayer today?

Nanderson

Mourne Red

Conditions or not - no score in a half of football is dreadful

TakeTheMark

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 20, 2022, 03:47:45 PM
Conditions or not - no score in a half of football is dreadful

I think that's a harsh assessment. From what I'm hearing, the conditions heavily favoured Meath in that second half and they could only muster three points themselves.
If you had've offered a draw before throw in, many probably would have taken it. It is a very good point away from home.
At this stage, staying up looks a realistic possibility, a win over Offaly and a win elsewhere could be enough. Cork have looked shaky and beatable, and Clare in Newry could be a winable game.

Leftmidfield

Recommending a very good GAA app called "Score Beo". Many of you are probably aware of it but I have just discovered it. Worth taking a look

maldini

Who hit the crossbar for Down in the last seconds?
Was listening to commentary but it wasn't that clear
Seems Down  only had that and a Mooney goal chance for scores in the second half
The rest sounded like all Meath but them kicking wides
Decent point under the circumstances

snoopdog

1st half was a decent game. Both teams should've had another goal.  I thought conditions got much worse in the 2nd half.  Down hung in there but the conditions were attrocious. A good point in the end although could've won it.  Still a lot to do to stay in this league. Roscommon have had the upper hand on Down  last few times we've played them.

snoopdog

Quote from: maldini on February 20, 2022, 05:32:37 PM
Who hit the crossbar for Down in the last seconds?
Was listening to commentary but it wasn't that clear
Seems Down  only had that and a Mooney goal chance for scores in the second half
The rest sounded like all Meath but them kicking wides
Decent point under the circumstances
Mooney hit the crossbar I believe I was.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Too many steps on February 20, 2022, 12:22:17 AM
Quote from: Ed Hardy on February 19, 2022, 04:26:49 PM

1 A Murdock

2 E Swail
3 R Magill
4 T Magee

5 S Close
6 P McCarthy
7 T Hardy

8 S Donegan
9 P McEvoy

10 M Hynds
11 O Savage
12 O Cunningham

13 J Rodgers
14 P Clancy
15 J Tunney

Cheers for that.. anyone stand out?? Anyone that could potentially play senior football this year???