Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Jayop

Ah of course, the Meath connection threw my memory thanks.

Jayop

Another great thing this year is that I've been able to watch every single Tyrone game without once having to put on RTE. My God watching football without having to listen to the hyper negative punditry or the likes of McStay on Dolan spoofing for the duration is a pleasure. The BBC have had great coverage as always of the Ulster championship and I'll switch to Sky for the semi final.

trueblue1234

Is there any word on the Tyrone camp? You'd imagine they would have a fair idea of any definite no's at this stage. So hoping no news is good news.
Really starting to look forward to it now. Kerry clear favourites but we know anything can happen. Be great to see the minors win to lift the crowd.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

lenny

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 23, 2021, 03:11:30 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 23, 2021, 02:44:29 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 23, 2021, 01:42:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2021, 01:26:23 PM
From a neutral point of view, with not a care in the world who wins the game, I just find it difficult that 20 players will be physically up to a championship level if they have been isolating or coming down with some symptoms of covid..

Was handy that they got covid at the semifinal stage and not before it, as there was no rule to have and extension due to covid problems

Wasn't that handy as they had covid in the ulster final

Heard from an ex Tyrone player that McShane, canavan and McKenna are well over their injuries now and are flying in training. Handy that extra 2 weeks.
You never answered my question about where you got the following information.

Quote from: lenny on August 17, 2021, 05:36:30 PM

Agree with that. My understanding is that the tyrone players affected were not vaccinated.

The reason I ask, is that I know for a fact first hand it's untrue so keen to hear of your source?

I didn't say that none of them had been vaccinated but the vast majority were not. That's what I was told. Are you saying different?

trueblue1234

Quote from: lenny on August 23, 2021, 09:54:17 PM
From a neutral point of view, with not a care in the world who wins the game, I just find it difficult that 20 players will be physically up to a championship level if they have been isolating or coming down with some symptoms of covid..

Was handy that they got covid at the semifinal stage and not before it, as there was no rule to have and extension due to covid problems

Heard from an ex Tyrone player that McShane, canavan and McKenna are well over their injuries now and are flying in training. Handy that extra 2 weeks.

Agree with that. My understanding is that the tyrone players affected were not vaccinated.

The reason I ask, is that I know for a fact first hand it's untrue so keen to hear of your source?

I didn't say that none of them had been vaccinated but the vast majority were not. That's what I was told. Are you saying different?
I'm saying the only player I know, that was affected, was vaccinated. So that doesn't tally with your statement. So I'm thinking where you got your information? 

Fuzzman

Hi all
Do any of ye have any spare premium tickets for this Sat or even better a premium exchange membership login to their website to buy more tickets.
Basically I'm bringing my three sons but currently have two Hogan Premium tickets and two upper Cusack 707 but kids not keen to sit apart.
If anyone can help pm me or WhatsApp me on 0872430326.

Hound

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 23, 2021, 10:08:01 PM

I'm saying the only player I know, that was affected, was vaccinated. So that doesn't tally with your statement. So I'm thinking where you got your information?
I took from Logan's interview that anyone in healthcare/care industry got vaccinated, there were a small few with particular family circumstances that got the vaccine and that most/all of the rest did not.
I would guess that it was similar for most panels while still involved.

It is easy to criticize Tyrone for not being vaccinated, but you'd need to compare it to vaccination rates in the other 3 semi finalists to be fair. And nobody has that information. 

MayoBuck

Colm Parkinson mentioned on his podcast that the whole Mayo, Dublin and Kerry panels were vaccinated. I'm not sure where he heard that or if it's true.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Hound on August 24, 2021, 09:54:24 AM

I took from Logan's interview that anyone in healthcare/care industry got vaccinated, there were a small few with particular family circumstances that got the vaccine and that most/all of the rest did not.

It is easy to criticize Tyrone for not being vaccinated, but you'd need to compare it to vaccination rates in the other 3 semi finalists to be fair. And nobody has that information.

Yeah I have no idea regarding the other squads and numbers. That said I still think it was stupid not to have all possible vaccinated regardless of the football.
But I just know the one case I'm familiar with and it's not a healthcare/ frontline worker, is vaccinated but still had some symptoms. So Lenny statement just didn't stack up but typical of the misinformation that gets thrown around.

larryin89

Aragh fook the vaccination talk . Have Tyrone any chance here or will I cash out on betting mayo v Tyrone final ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

yellowcard

Quote from: Thastheball on August 24, 2021, 10:09:09 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 24, 2021, 09:54:24 AM

Whats the point of young fit healthy lads getting vaccinated. They are at a risk of one in one million from dying ( a fact) whilst they are at risk of getting a significant reaction from the vaccine of one in tten thousand. They aren't in the at risk category of obese or old where the average death rate is 81.5 yrs. outside of having an underlying health condition where they should take., the question is why should anyone take it. Its now accepted your equally transmissible not vaccinated as vaccinated. So why should a young fit lad do it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Are you a medical professional or is this something you just read on the internet?

thewobbler

I'm predicting something along the lines of Tyrone 3.10 - 5.12 Kerry. I don't think it'll suit either side to rely on their defence for a win, but Kerry's midfield superiority should tip the balance in their favour.

yellowcard

TheGreatest

Reporting a clean bill of health now in Tyrone, con job id say.

thewobbler

"Premier league footballers aren't stupid".

Would you feck away off.