Tyrone vs Monaghan // All Ireland Quarter Final 2015

Started by Christmas Lights, July 20, 2015, 10:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Going to be a barnstormer of a quarter final this.  Local derby, Monaghan after winning their 2nd Ulster in 3 years and Tyrone progressing nicely in the qualifiers.

I see Tyrone having too much for Monaghan who are most definitely over reliant on the brilliant Conor McManus for scores.  Tyrone have a better arsenal for getting scores through Seany Cavanagh, McCurry, McAliskey, Matty Donnelly & Petey Harte which is why I think they will win.  Think Monaghan really pushed the boat out yesterday and great credit to them but its going to be difficult for them to get back up to that level again.  What stands to them though is that they won Ulster 2 years ago so this year the focus might be a bit better going into a quarter final with that novelty of winning a trophy gone. O'Rourke is a shrewd operator but I think Tyrone's overall talent should see them through.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

omagh_gael

Does 2002 not resonate with you in the slightest???

mcslaggart

Quote from: Christmas Lights on July 20, 2015, 10:17:10 AM
Going to be a barnstormer of a quarter final this.  Local derby, Monaghan after winning their 2nd Ulster in 3 years and Tyrone progressing nicely in the qualifiers.

I see Tyrone having too much for Monaghan who are most definitely over reliant on the brilliant Conor McManus for scores.  Tyrone have a better arsenal for getting scores through Seany Cavanagh, McCurry, McAliskey, Matty Donnelly & Petey Harte which is why I think they will win.  Think Monaghan really pushed the boat out yesterday and great credit to them but its going to be difficult for them to get back up to that level again.  What stands to them though is that they won Ulster 2 years ago so this year the focus might be a bit better going into a quarter final with that novelty of winning a trophy gone. O'Rourke is a shrewd operator but I think Tyrone's overall talent should see them through.

I think Tyrone will be happy to win against Sligo. 

Christmas Lights

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 20, 2015, 10:20:15 AM

Nonsense, lets cut to the chase, Sligo conceded 6-25 yesterday.  They are awful, confidence is now going to be shattered, its merely a stepping stone to the QF and a big one against Monaghan. 

omagh_gael

Quote from: Christmas Lights on July 20, 2015, 10:32:34 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 20, 2015, 10:20:15 AM

Nonsense, lets cut to the chase, Sligo conceded 6-25 yesterday.  They are awful, confidence is now going to be shattered, its merely a stepping stone to the QF and a big one against Monaghan. 

I don't know, Eamon O'Hara looked in fine fettle on TSG last night, he could dust off the Puma Kings yet!

rrhf

Delete this thread, It is both misleading and disrespectful. 

Christmas Lights

No its not.  Call it over-confidence, even arrogance but the match is going to happen whether you like it or not. 

Stall the Bailer

Being arrogant is not a nice trait to have. Sligo deserve respect, maybe not possible from someone like you Christmas lights.

Christmas Lights

Poor wee Sligo.  There is a dedicated thread for Sligo and Tyrone, if you want to talk about Sligo, then go in there.

Redhand Santa

No need for this. Even if Tyrone do beat Sligo, a Galway win and we'd be playing mayo in the quarters. So not only is this disrespecting Sligo it's also doing the same to Galway.

Jinxy

One thing is for sure, Sligo won't fear Tyrone.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

Do you think they'll do voiceovers for our winners' banquet in September?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

It's magnificent that us Mayo fans will witness the hiding Tyrone are going to hammer out to whoever they get in the quarter finals. We'll do well to kick the ball out to ye if it's us ye get.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014