Tyrone vs Monaghan // All Ireland Quarter Final 2015

Started by Christmas Lights, July 20, 2015, 10:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 20, 2015, 10:13:24 PM
It's magnificent that us Mayo fans will witness the hiding Tyrone are going to hammer out to whoever they get in the quarter finals. We'll do well to kick the ball out to ye if it's us ye get.

Clearly this is a wind up thread and should be treated as such, but it's magnificent that it gives the Mayo lads an opportunity to imply that it's Tyrone who are the cocky ones but in reality, what the above post represents is a bunch of fans who are barely able to keep the lid on the hyperbole that is brewing in Mayo. Take a deep breath lads, don't make the same mistakes as every other year and try to resist talk of three in a row AIs and team of the decade over the next few weeks. Best of luck and hope to see you in the AI quarters or final.  ;)
That was never a square ball!!

gwan-ye-boy-ya

Aye delete the thread. and if these two happen to meet on Aug 8th you can stick the thread back up but name it correctly this time.
Monaghan's name first.

moysider

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 20, 2015, 10:45:04 PM
It's magnificent that us Mayo fans will witness the hiding Tyrone are going to hammer out to whoever they get in the quarter finals. We'll do well to kick the ball out to ye if it's us ye get.

Clearly this is a wind up thread and should be treated as such, but it's magnificent that it gives the Mayo lads an opportunity to imply that it's Tyrone who are the cocky ones but in reality, what the above post represents is a bunch of fans who are barely able to keep the lid on the hyperbole that is brewing in Mayo. Take a deep breath lads, don't make the same mistakes as every other year and try to resist talk of three in a row AIs and team of the decade over the next few weeks. Best of luck and hope to see you in the AI quarters or final.  ;)

You haven t a clue what Mayo fans are thinking. Not a clue.
Also like to point out that we were only a Cormac Reilly away from the losing a 3 in a row prediction. Not my fault he fucked it up. We were very close.

BennyHarp

Quote from: moysider on July 21, 2015, 12:47:33 AM

Also like to point out that we were only a Cormac Reilly away from the losing a 3 in a row prediction. Not my fault he fucked it up. We were very close.

I love listening to you guys this time of year.

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

moysider

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 21, 2015, 12:53:12 AM

You re not listening. Did we not lose 2 in a row? Were we not close to losing 3 in a row??

Captain Obvious

Quote from: moysider on July 21, 2015, 01:11:05 AM

You re not listening. Did we not lose 2 in a row? Were we not close to losing 3 in a row??

Would Mayo have reached the 2012,2013 All Ireland finals if they played Kerry on route? 

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 21, 2015, 01:17:04 AM

Would Mayo have reached the 2012,2013 All Ireland finals if they played Kerry on route?

Probably. It took some incredibly improbable stuff for Kerry to beat them last year after all.

omaghjoe

BennyHarp

Oh don't worry, everyone is listening to you lads, we have little choice.

ballinaman

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 21, 2015, 07:06:43 AM

Think benny is still smarting from 2013. Might have a bit of the Cork attitude...take your bating from other teams well but it's embarrassment when it's at the hands of Mayo...

redhandefender

if this guy is really from tyrone i'm switching counties now, what a tube

BennyHarp

Quote from: ballinaman on July 21, 2015, 08:19:02 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 21, 2015, 07:06:43 AM

Think benny is still smarting from 2013. Might have a bit of the Cork attitude...take your bating from other teams well but it's embarrassment when it's at the hands of Mayo...

Nope, just amused by Farrandeelin's post on what is clearly a thread which is a wind up. Do we think he genuinely thinks Tyrone will hammer Mayo? Of course not - he's risen to the bate of this moronic thread as he just can't keep a lid on the expectation brewing in Mayo. My only advice is, for this year, keep a lid on it if you can, learn from previous years and who knows what may happen. I'd say we are only a day or two away from a "Is Aiden O'Se Ireland's greatest ever athlete thread?"

Like I said, I love to listen to Mayo fans, their passion for the game is immense and is entertaining to read on here and as for 2013, I've no problem. That Tyrone team was miles away from an AI winning team (as they are at the minute) so the disappointment of the defeat to Mayo on reflection was replaced by a quiet satisfaction of a team doing well to get that far in the big scheme of things.

Best of luck for the rest of year and it would be nice to meet you along the way - again, like 2013, we would enter that game in hope rather than expectation. Maybe you can send your subs behind our goals to help us keep kicking the ball out to you.  ;)

LeoMc

Quote from: trileacman on July 20, 2015, 10:15:41 PM
Is the two in a row beyond this Tyrone team?

Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2015, 11:48:53 AM
Do you think they'll do voiceovers for our winners' banquet in September?

Is it too early to be booking a room in the CityWest?