The Christmas Gift ideas thread

Started by Christmas Lights, December 11, 2013, 02:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Its that time of the year where we are all struggling to think of gift ideas for family and friends so maybe we can all help each other out here in this thread.

Any suggestions for a pregnant wife as I'm fresh out of ideas...

On another note, see below link for gift set from boots that was £50 and now selling for £16 online.

http://www.boots.com/en/Elizabeth-Arden-Eight-Hour-Cream-Winter-Essentials-Kit_1380493/

Maybe we can all help each other out with bargains and gift ideas like the one above  ;D

Olly

Gift for a pregant women - some kind of book to get them to shred the excess pounds after birth - like a army-style boot camp one where she gets the message like that 'lose the pounds or else' type of thing.

Other gifts for minorities like pregnant women would be appreciated:

.bald men
.people with nervous dispositions
.people from the west of Ireland
.women with bulbousness in their eyes.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

seafoid

Quote from: Christmas Lights on December 11, 2013, 02:37:19 PM
Its that time of the year where we are all struggling to think of gift ideas for family and friends so maybe we can all help each other out here in this thread.

Any suggestions for a pregnant wife as I'm fresh out of ideas...

On another note, see below link for gift set from boots that was £50 and now selling for £16 online.

http://www.boots.com/en/Elizabeth-Arden-Eight-Hour-Cream-Winter-Essentials-Kit_1380493/

Maybe we can all help each other out with bargains and gift ideas like the one above  ;D
Does she like cooking when she is not pregnant?

This book is the dog's bollocks (pan roasted)

http://www.bookshop.kennys.ie/book/UK/9780747599777/The_Flavour_Thesaurus
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

CD

Lads - I have it on good authority (from herself) that 'Pearls are all in this year.' 

Other notions - a nice quality leather handbag, scarf and glove set, leather gloves.

Also suggest the novelty bedroom slippers - they always go down a treat here.

Beyond that, I'm at a complete loss myself. I'd usually do the nice weekend away, concert tickets, running gear, massage vouchers and clothing but as Mrs CD is in a similar condition to Mrs CL, I'm having to go out of my comfort zone!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on December 11, 2013, 03:30:45 PM
Lads - I have it on good authority (from herself) that 'Pearls are all in this year.' 

Other notions - a nice quality leather handbag, scarf and glove set, leather gloves.

Beyond that, I'm at a complete loss myself. I'd usually do the nice weekend away, concert tickets, running gear, massage vouchers and clothing but as Mrs CD is in a similar condition to Mrs CL, I'm having to go out of my comfort zone!

Getting women a cook book is like getting them a book on diet's, or how to look good in larger clothes, a treadmill, Ironing board, a washing machine ffs!! They'll hate it.

I never buy jewelry but they love that and perfume, though let them pick it or look at what they have in there bag, buying them clothes are a big no no and unless you've seen the bag they want then forget it, they'll bring it back at best or at worst leave it at the bottom of their wardrobe and you'll not even notice lol.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cold tea

Quote from: Olly on December 11, 2013, 03:03:59 PM
Gift for a pregant women - some kind of book to get them to shred the excess pounds after birth - like a army-style boot camp one where she gets the message like that 'lose the pounds or else' type of thing.

Other gifts for minorities like pregnant women would be appreciated:

.bald men
.people with nervous dispositions
.people from the west of Ireland
.women with bulbousness in their eyes.

Referring to yourself.  :)

laoislad

Quote from: CD on December 11, 2013, 03:30:45 PM

Mrs LL is also in the same  condition. Is there something in the boards water supply?

Anyway this year she will be getting same as she does every year. .money.
She can then go buy whatever she wants herself.
Is it rosemantic? No but does she get a Christmas present she actually wants? Yes because she can go buy whatever she needs herself. It's a win win situation as far as I'm concerned. I haven't time or the energy or the interest in trying to think of something new every year.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

I'm sending my better half away skiing for the weekend.

Just so happens to coincide with Superbowl weekend  ;D

Under Lights

Ugg slippers are suppose to be the in thing. However they could set you back £70. I was on the ball and got them off a guy that gets these things imported. Charged me £25. Nice.

Also you won't go wrong with the eye shadow Urban Decay Naked Pallet 2. £30 in Debenhams but shop around and you should get it for £25.

Converse trainers are always a winner and gaagle/canterbury tracksuit bottoms. £32.00 on o'neills.

Cecila Ahern's new book is out. £7 in most places.

laoislad

Runners and tracksuits bottoms.... do you live in Tallaght by any chance?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Under Lights

What would you all consider to be the last date for ordering online? I am getting stuff delivered to work but we finish on the 20th. Gonna try and be safe and not order anything online after today (or else have to put in different delivery address)

Under Lights

Quote from: laoislad on December 11, 2013, 04:30:10 PM
Runners and tracksuits bottoms.... do you live in Tallaght by any chance?

I can't say I understand this reference. Explain.

The new gaagles are nice for women

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1lgfYh8hYEv4iqfmickgRLAazaadOTtV6IfXocXXJ2lgubPH5

CD

Quote from: Under Lights on December 11, 2013, 04:30:20 PM
What would you all consider to be the last date for ordering online? I am getting stuff delivered to work but we finish on the 20th. Gonna try and be safe and not order anything online after today (or else have to put in different delivery address)

I ordered from Amazon on 9th Evening and it arrived today! Pretty impressive. I also posted Christmas cards at 1pm on Monday and they arrived next morning! Second class too!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Under Lights

This time last year my wife received a Christmas card from her uncle in England. He always had £20 in it. The envelope landed through our door open. No money inside. The uncle was contacted and he did indeed send the money. Dunno if when they were robbing us they didn't just scrap the card totally.

Also two ipods that were ordered as gifts were left outside the porch in the rain. Not under the porch like.

offtheground

Braun electric tootbrush for £15...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003U9V7LE/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

If she's delighted with it, tell you want her to get you of these in the Jan sales;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003E44TBK/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1386758397&sr=1-1