The Christmas Gift ideas thread

Started by Christmas Lights, December 11, 2013, 02:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I can't remember that brand name it was but a friend of mine recommended a great pregnancy stretch mark cream. It was about €40 I think but she loved it and it worked well.
I would never have dreamt of buying her this but she was very grateful for it.

CD

Quote from: offtheground on December 11, 2013, 04:48:17 PM
Braun electric tootbrush for £15...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003U9V7LE/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

If she's delighted with it, tell you want her to get you of these in the Jan sales;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003E44TBK/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1386758397&sr=1-1

Love the review of it!!

The second I saw this beauty on Amazon I knew I had to have it. I mean I only have to take out another mortgage on the house to afford it, but what's another 20 years worth of debt?

Sadly my wife disagrees and after purchasing the item she insisted that I returned it. Unfortunately I had misplaced the receipt, lost my job and am living on the street.

I was going to give it 1 star for ruining my life, but thankfully it came in a rather large box, which I'm currently using the house myself in. So I'll give it an extra star for that.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Under Lights

He must be camped outside McDonalds using the free wifi.

Bingo

The father in law bought the mother in law a Clothes line one year, no joke, and it was very welcome. He a good traditional man, great man in fairness.

LL has it spot on. I've asked and get told the standard list - clothes, jewellery, creams/potions, etc. Sure thats  as wide as its long! I've suggested i'll throw her a few quid, she can buy herself or wait for the sales.

I'll provide a few token pressies for the day - a book, CD, DVD and the like.

Christmas Lights

Giving your significant other money for Christmas is just plain lazy.  You need to put in some effort IMO

laoislad

Quote from: Christmas Lights on December 11, 2013, 05:26:31 PM
Giving your significant other money for Christmas is just plain lazy.  You need to put in some effort IMO
Nonsense.
You're right in fairness it is lazy but it works!
I don't go anywhere near a shopping centre from start of December to middle of January. Too many people to annoy me in in those places at this time of the year.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bingo on December 11, 2013, 05:13:00 PM
The father in law bought the mother in law a Clothes line one year, no joke, and it was very welcome. He a good traditional man, great man in fairness.

LL has it spot on. I've asked and get told the standard list - clothes, jewellery, creams/potions, etc. Sure thats  as wide as its long! I've suggested i'll throw her a few quid, she can buy herself or wait for the sales.

I'll provide a few token pressies for the day - a book, CD, DVD and the like.
The missus bought her own present this year. She saw it in a one day sale when there was 20% off. I chose well when I got her  :D

mylestheslasher

How do you give the woman the money. Is it note in a brief case, a wad of cash tied in an elastic band, perhaps pile of 2c coins in a bank bag or do your romantically write her a cheque on Christmas morning. Genuinely interested to know how the transaction takes place.

I've bought nothing yet - panic is starting to set in am I am afraid I might end up buying the Fellaini fella from Man Utd.

laoislad

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 11, 2013, 10:22:18 PM
How do you give the woman the money. Is it note in a brief case, a wad of cash tied in an elastic band, perhaps pile of 2c coins in a bank bag or do your romantically write her a cheque on Christmas morning. Genuinely interested to know how the transaction takes place.

I've bought nothing yet - panic is starting to set in am I am afraid I might end up buying the Fellaini fella from Man Utd.
I give her my Visa debit and tell her not to go too mad with it.
In fairness to me I do drop her up to the shopping centre and collect her when she's done.
I'm good like that.

Under Lights

Lolz at the Fellaini dig  :) :) :)

Giving money is a complete cop out.  Terrible form. Even if you were to get them something small as a surprise.
Sure why not just say- 'I'll give you the money and you can go to the January sales'. I feel sorry for your women.

But all is not lost. This very thread will help you out.

laoislad

Quote from: Under Lights on December 12, 2013, 08:13:18 AM
Lolz at the Fellaini dig  :) :) :)

Giving money is a complete cop out.  Terrible form. Even if you were to get them something small as a surprise.
Sure why not just say- 'I'll give you the money and you can go to the January sales'. I feel sorry for your women.
Nonsense.
My wife is very lucky to have me and I tell her that on a regular basis.

J OGorman

I started a tradition a few years back of giving the wife a photo album  containing photos of the year just past...she loves it. Has a laugh and wee cry in equal measures and it travels around with us when visiting family and relatives.
I stumbled across beauty stuff whilst doing a last minute shop a couple of years ago in Debenhams called 'Origins'..you can buy as few or as many items as you need and they gift wrap it...body lotions and the like. She absolutely loves it. Not the cheapest though
I always wrap a box of dishwasher tablets or non-bio too for the craic

Under Lights

Bingo

Quote from: J OGorman on December 12, 2013, 09:18:19 AM
I started a tradition a few years back of giving the wife a photo album  containing photos of the year just past...she loves it. Has a laugh and wee cry in equal measures and it travels around with us when visiting family and relatives.
I stumbled across beauty stuff whilst doing a last minute shop a couple of years ago in Debenhams called 'Origins'..you can buy as few or as many items as you need and they gift wrap it...body lotions and the like. She absolutely loves it. Not the cheapest though
I always wrap a box of dishwasher tablets or non-bio too for the craic

BURN HIM  >:(  >:(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on December 11, 2013, 10:31:05 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 11, 2013, 10:22:18 PM

I give her my Visa debit and tell her not to go too mad with it.
In fairness to me I do drop her up to the shopping centre and collect her when she's done.
I'm good like that.

Thought she'd be the type to like it left on the bedside table.......... ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea