Wasn't Croke Park looking lovely

Started by never kickt a ball, September 08, 2013, 10:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Whoever cut the grass for the match today put some thought into it.

muppet

Quote from: never kickt a ball on September 08, 2013, 10:12:59 PM

If you give me a ticket for the football I will get you a date with Lawnseed.
MWWSI 2017

never kickt a ball

Quote from: never kickt a ball on September 08, 2013, 10:12:59 PM

Syferus

Jaysus we're not working off 480x320 monitors anymore, any chance you'd use bigger than thumbnail-sized pictures?

never kickt a ball

Farrandeelin

I miss the crest in the middle of the field.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Feckitt

I agree, bring back the crest.  Classic matches from the 90s look a wee bit cooler just by having that crest.

Aristo 60

Quote from: Feckitt on September 10, 2013, 01:34:50 PM
I agree, bring back the crest.  Classic matches from the 90s look a wee bit cooler just by having that crest.

I've still a wee lump of the 1991 blue and yellow crest at home til this day. It's wizened up considerably but still has a nice wee smell about it!

I wonder will Croke park soon think about painting the grass for more advertising bucks ala rugby.

Hoping the Mayo bucks will invade and trample the oul sod if they win; if the Mayo fans aren't hungry enough for the challenge who else would be?!

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Aristo 60 on September 10, 2013, 02:40:51 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on September 10, 2013, 01:34:50 PM

I've still a wee lump of the 1991 blue and yellow crest at home til this day. It's wizened up considerably but still has a nice wee smell about it!

I wonder will Croke park soon think about painting the grass for more advertising bucks ala rugby.

Hoping the Mayo bucks will invade and trample the oul sod if they win; if the Mayo fans aren't hungry enough for the challenge who else would be?!

If we do win it, we will be too busy looking at each other with our gobs opened thinking "what the f**k are we supposed to do now"!!!! ;D

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 10, 2013, 01:29:40 PM
Don't think they can do it anymore because 1/4 of the grass is synthetic or something like that...remember reading it somewhere before.

ballinaman

Quote from: hardstation on September 10, 2013, 03:26:34 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 10, 2013, 03:20:22 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 10, 2013, 01:29:40 PM
Don't think they can do it anymore because 1/4 of the grass is synthetic or something like that...remember reading it somewhere before.
Nah, the players' mammies complained it was ruining their shorts.
Blue skids? Ah for jaysus sake Jimmy...lay off the Mr Freezes will ya!

southdown

I cant remember the last time the pitch looked bad, its kept extremely well.