Mayo V Tyrone National Football League Round 2 Sun 10th February

Started by never kickt a ball, February 03, 2013, 01:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beantown

Should be a good game.  Tyrone in good form but Mayo are always hard to beat in Castlebar. 
Heart says Tyrone but Head says Mayo..

Fancy Mayo for the League Title this year.

rrhf

Is the bould mick Byrne still throwing out the pints in his wonderful bar

muppet

Quote from: rrhf on February 03, 2013, 03:15:29 PM
Is the bould mick Byrne still throwing out the pints in his wonderful bar

He sure is, auld stock.
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Time to get this above the Ciarrai stream. Really Mayo learned virtually nothing from the Kerry Game. I'll be expecting a bit more from Tyrone and no harm. I don't really Know where Tyrone are at the moment. They have had a formidable underage structure for the last 15 years so there is bound to be talent there. You have to wonder does Mickey Harte have the energy levels to bring through a new team. Jez, it would be hard for a Manager who had to deal with just football over the last 10 years. But Mickey has had untold sorrows over his period, and all of them in the public domain. It would be some story if he nabbed another AI before stepping down. And probably one of the greatest achievements of a human being for having the will power and strength to carry on.

Anyway, something tells me Tyrone will win this one.

Redhand Santa

I've no doubt Harte still has it in him to drive Tyrone on and he seems very motivated this year. Can't see too many Tyrone changes from last week. Clarke could potentially come in for McNamee at half back. Penrose may also start in place of Gallagher. He'll probably rotate the keeper as well. Other than that don't see many changes.

Farrandeelin

Tyrone may nick this one. I mean they are the ones with the pre-season silverware and they already won against Down in Newry. Also, Mayo went too long last day out without registering a score in the second half. We need to get scores more often and not come inn patches, because ultimately Tyrone will more than likely be way better than Kerry were the last day. Mayo won't lie down without a bit of a fight either though and hopefully our gritty determination sees us over the line, but Tyrone seem to be motoring nicely.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

Love heading down to Mayo. Throwing copper coins out of the car to the locals in the hedges and seeing their wee faces is heart-warming.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ONeill on February 04, 2013, 09:23:34 PM
Love heading down to Mayo. Throwing copper coins out of the car to the locals in the hedges and seeing their wee faces is heart-warming.

Bet you enjoy visiting the 21'st century before you slither back Narth the border to the 1640's.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on February 04, 2013, 09:23:34 PM

They love their Lizzy.
MWWSI 2017

yellowcard

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 04, 2013, 08:16:05 PM
Time to get this above the Ciarrai stream. Really Mayo learned virtually nothing from the Kerry Game. I'll be expecting a bit more from Tyrone and no harm. I don't really Know where Tyrone are at the moment. They have had a formidable underage structure for the last 15 years so there is bound to be talent there. You have to wonder does Mickey Harte have the energy levels to bring through a new team. Jez, it would be hard for a Manager who had to deal with just football over the last 10 years. But Mickey has had untold sorrows over his period, and all of them in the public domain. It would be some story if he nabbed another AI before stepping down. And probably one of the greatest achievements of a human being for having the will power and strength to carry on.

Anyway, something tells me Tyrone will win this one.

To be honest I have softened towards Tyrone and on a human level would love to see Mickey Harte win another AI for the way he has handled what he has had to deal with. If he can manage to create another winning AI team I think he will go down as probably the greatest ever manager considering where Tyrone were starting from before he won U18, U21 and senior titles. A fit Sean Cavanagh is a must if they are to have any chance.

On a football level I don't want them to win it, they haven't been as intolerable when going through the lean patch of the last few years.

Mayo Mick

Expect another 5+ win for us. As we saw with Kerry winning pre-season meaningless cups is irrelevant. Can't see Tyrone really troubling us.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Mayo Mick on February 04, 2013, 11:22:00 PM
Expect another 5+ win for us. As we saw with Kerry winning pre-season meaningless cups is irrelevant. Can't see Tyrone really troubling us.

+1
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Quote from: Mayo Mick on February 04, 2013, 11:22:00 PM

That's more like it Mick! after predicting Mayo would struggle to stay up you have got the confidence back after one match/win.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

tyroneman

Even when Tyrone were among the favourites to win the league we rarely got anything out of a trip to Mayo.

Would be happy just to avoid a hammering.