Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kickham csc

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 15, 2021, 12:38:33 PM
Quote from: Calm Down on November 15, 2021, 12:25:56 PM
I'd say there is a good chance you will get them down in Marrons today

It's ok CB I get it you got caught up in celebrating with your family and many friends from Creggan, easy to get caught up on the euphoria

Certainly, better than burning flags and emblems and even taking negativity out on a poor minion.

Cargin have been in 21 county senior finals over the past 47 years and enduring defeat in 11.....

Learn from the experience, and having refuge to Mr Mac Namee on ten occassions thus far maybe he may well come a visiting again.....

CB, That didn't go down well in Creggan BTW, should not have happened. As has been said numerous times on here, there are loads of families that have split allegiances, and we have had good Creggan men scoring match winning goals living in Cargin and good Cargin men scoring match winning points living in Creggan, and none would have entertained this.

Cargin have paraded down the Staffordstown road after championship victories in the past, and it was received well, as we acknowledged they earned they right to parade, they won the fecking championship. No animosity, jealous yes, but animosity no.

On a more positive note, I had an emotional call home yesterday with my father and sister. The happiness that this victory has brought to my family is amazing. Club is everything to us and we've had our lows which makes yesterdays victory more powerfull.  The sense of pride within the whole community runs deep, and probably more so for the old timers who were around for the 54 title who have traveled the roller-coaster of highs and lows over the past 67 years.

Proud of the club, the work we've put into the facilities and youth for football, hurling, ladies football  and camogie over the past 20-30 years has lead to this. Yesterday morning the camogie team reached an Ulster Junior final and the senior footballers won the bigun.

Proud of the team and the way they've handled themselves over the past number of years. Good days allaround

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on November 15, 2021, 02:56:49 PM
Welcome Lar. Indeed, next few years should be very interesting. Whether it's realistic or not, at least 6 or 8 clubs will give themselves some kind of a chance. The standard is levelling off, great for lots of competitive encounters, but no one going to trouble Glen or Kilcoo any time soon.

Didn't see the Glen game so can't assess them until I see them, Derry teams have a fantastic record in Ulster, so with that behind them, regardless of being first timers that will be a huge benefit. Ulster club has fooled many a 'top' team into thinking they have a good chance, mainly Tyrone teams  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

No one can deny Creggan their moment. Enjoy your celebrations Kickhams and savour the memories. Is that four different winners now in 8 years?

Lár na páirce 1

Cargin 5 out of last 7 championships, LD with one and now Creggan with one, Ports will feel they left one behind this year,
John will steady them up and make them tighter at the back.
Hopefully let's them play a bit too.

Christmas Lights

Cannot see a senior championship title going to a Belfast side for a long time yet.  Miles off the country guys at the moment.  Not a city side even contested a senior, intermediate or junior championship final this year.  Lot of work to be done, be lucky to see a championship in the city within the next 10 years. 

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on November 15, 2021, 02:23:44 PM
Hopefully O Boyles will put up a new grandstand for their own club PJ Iol. Outstanding clubmen in every regard.

All we need now is the confirmation of John McKeever to finally come home and take things round here to the next level.
That's a good move BS, John wont have many nights to himself I know he is very active in your underage system as well.

Calm Down

Have we white smoke from Cargin as to their new management team?

bannside

He's not quite over the line yet EOC but John would be the popular choice by a distance. Dosent help when three or four other clubs are trying hard to entice him with decent dollars, but we live in hope.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Calm Down on November 15, 2021, 04:22:10 PM
Have we white smoke from Cargin as to their new management team?

Indeed the smoke is white......and I understand more than a few interested parties....
Belfast GAA Man will be delighted....

Calm Down

To be fair whoever takes it should be looking forward to a competitive year next year, our boys, Cargin , PG1, Aghagallon, Rossa, St Brigids and even LD will fancy themselves with a chance and hopefully with knockout championship back we could be in for a treat

Caesar

Will championship be knockout again next year?

stiffler

Are there relegation play offs for the teams who finished bottom of the championship groups to drop down to intermediate?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Lár na páirce 1

I don't get how Rossa or St brigids even be in the conversation haven't done anything to suggest they can push.
It'll be Creggan/Cargin for next 5 or 6 years, rest have loads of catching up to do, although PG1 have some fantastic players so we will see how they progress now.
knock out football is the way to go, group games not so great with intermediate level teams trying to compete.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Caesar on November 15, 2021, 04:36:29 PM
Will championship be knockout again next year?

Doubt it.....County collected a lotta ££s in the system as applied this year.....

country bumpkin

Quote from: Kickham csc on November 15, 2021, 03:07:16 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 15, 2021, 12:38:33 PMKickham's
Quote from: Calm Down on November 15, 2021, 12:25:56 PM
I'd say there is a good chance you will get them down in Marrons today

It's ok CB I get it you got caught up in celebrating with your family and many friends from Creggan, easy to get caught up on the euphoria

Certainly, better than burning flags and emblems and even taking negativity out on a poor minion.

Cargin have been in 21 county senior finals over the past 47 years and enduring defeat in 11.....

Learn from the experience, and having refuge to Mr Mac Namee on ten occassions thus far maybe he may well come a visiting again.....

CB, That didn't go down well in Creggan BTW, should not have happened. As has been said numerous times on here, there are loads of families that have split allegiances, and we have had good Creggan men scoring match winning goals living in Cargin and good Cargin men scoring match winning points living in Creggan, and none would have entertained this.

Cargin have paraded down the Staffordstown road after championship victories in the past, and it was received well, as we acknowledged they earned they right to parade, they won the fecking championship. No animosity, jealous yes, but animosity no.

On a more positive note, I had an emotional call home yesterday with my father and sister. The happiness that this victory has brought to my family is amazing. Club is everything to us and we've had our lows which makes yesterdays victory more powerfull.  The sense of pride within the whole community runs deep, and probably more so for the old timers who were around for the 54 title who have traveled the roller-coaster of highs and lows over the past 67 years.

Proud of the club, the work we've put into the facilities and youth for football, hurling, ladies football  and camogie over the past 20-30 years has lead to this. Yesterday morning the camogie team reached an Ulster Junior final and the senior footballers won the bigun.

Proud of the team and the way they've handled themselves over the past number of years. Good days allaround

Appreciate that Kickham's and certainly at one with your sentiments as expressed.
Well remember when we won that first title back in 74 and the positivity such brought to Cargin and to my family.
Such has no doubt been mirrored in many houses in and around Creggan this year, akin to your own.

Such achievement in a small.rural.area, is the product of endless hours and endeavour in the community to reach the pinnacle.

Enjoy the craic, and the feeling of contentment in the days ahead, and take the next step on the Ulster way with confidence..