Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: LeoMc on June 15, 2022, 10:19:09 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on June 14, 2022, 09:11:22 PM
Whats the thought process there, is it to get them into a habit of winning and a winning mentality? Obvious pitfalls there that development stagnant and rude awakening when stepping it up a level but here who knows, winning games and titles will certainly keep all the players turning out.
It only works if no other team does it. If there is another shark in the water a club could find itself with 6-7 easy games, 2 tankings and no silverware, not even competitive football to aid development.

The county board want to be looking at it. I kind of get that at u13 you can get an outlier and it's difficult coming out of the Go Game setting but at u15 and u17 it shouldn't be happening. Clubs know their abilities and they are just ruining what should be competitive grades for their own selfish reasons and it is usually 2 or 3 coaches. What do they achieve are they going to stand up somewhere in a few years and be introduced as Grade 3 U15 League winning Managers? People need to have a small bit of cop on.

Under Lights

Quote from: trailer on June 15, 2022, 10:42:54 AM
Whats the thought process there, is it to get them into a habit of winning and a winning mentality? Obvious pitfalls there that development stagnant and rude awakening when stepping it up a level but here who knows, winning games and titles will certainly keep all the players turning out.
It only works if no other team does it. If there is another shark in the water a club could find itself with 6-7 easy games, 2 tankings and no silverware, not even competitive football to aid development.

The county board want to be looking at it. I kind of get that at u13 you can get an outlier and it's difficult coming out of the Go Game setting but at u15 and u17 it shouldn't be happening. Clubs know their abilities and they are just ruining what should be competitive grades for their own selfish reasons and it is usually 2 or 3 coaches. What do they achieve are they going to stand up somewhere in a few years and be introduced as Grade 3 U15 League winning Managers? People need to have a small bit of cop on.

Maybe their thoughts are towards player retention, you better believe that lads will turn up when wining games, lifting trophies and snogging babes off the back of it. If high grades, couple of hammerings, nothing to show for their underage football they may just quit, maybe this is a better way to ensure lads stay at it. I don't know like just thinking out loud, I don't think any coach is low balling them to enhance their own CV

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on June 15, 2022, 12:09:31 PM

Maybe their thoughts are towards player retention, you better believe that lads will turn up when wining games, lifting trophies and snogging babes off the back of it. If high grades, couple of hammerings, nothing to show for their underage football they may just quit, maybe this is a better way to ensure lads stay at it. I don't know like just thinking out loud, I don't think any coach is low balling them to enhance their own CV

and what about the clubs that will be taking the hammerings from them?

Under Lights

Quote from: clarshack on June 15, 2022, 12:16:58 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on June 15, 2022, 12:09:31 PM

and what about the clubs that will be taking the hammerings from them?

I don't think any club would set out their own stall based on the thoughts and feelings of other clubs.

Jim Bob

Errigal convincing win over Fianna anocht

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 15, 2022, 04:09:01 PM
I see Clann na nGael are fielding a combined team with Craigbane at U13 & U15 levels in Derry this year - anyone familiar with it know how that works?
Apparently they play as Craigbane in the Derry league this year and then as Clan na Gael next year in the Tyrone league

Onthe40

Big win for Omagh with no Meyler.. Trillick full out

Silver hill

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on June 17, 2022, 07:05:11 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 15, 2022, 04:09:01 PM
I see Clann na nGael are fielding a combined team with Craigbane at U13 & U15 levels in Derry this year - anyone familiar with it know how that works?
Apparently they play as Craigbane in the Derry league this year and then as Clan na Gael next year in the Tyrone league

Can't see craigbane agreeing to that.... They have a squad of 26 players this year and about 6 are from Clann (including 2 or 3 Dooher lads).
Not sure why craigbane needed to amalgamate if they had those numbers in the first instance?

square_ball

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 16, 2022, 11:51:57 PM

The Fianna were missing a lot of players last night I'd guess at about 8 starters. Local Expert won't be panicking just yet.

Ruairi Canavan was superb though. A full club season will do him the world of good.

bogball88

Quote from: square_ball on June 17, 2022, 09:37:56 AM

The Fianna were missing a lot of players last night I'd guess at about 8 starters. Local Expert won't be panicking just yet.

Ruairi Canavan was superb though. A full club season will do him the world of good.
Rumour of him going to the states for the summer

Mikhailov

Quote from: bogball88 on June 17, 2022, 12:34:09 PM
Quote from: square_ball on June 17, 2022, 09:37:56 AM

Rumour of him going to the states for the summer

Fianna missing a lot men if this above is correct but seems to be a common theme with all clubs currently. Lads missing due to USA, travelling, injuries, holidays etc.

All clubs are suffering and some could be impacted more than others but you can't really blame young lads for taking a holiday after the last few tough years they have had.

TheWaterBoy

Moy off the mark with a win over last years half way through the league winners

skeog

Mark Bradley was on fire last night the Carmen men got a bit of a beating up.

NotedObserver

Quote from: skeog on June 18, 2022, 09:40:13 AM
Mark Bradley was on fire last night the Carmen men got a bit of a beating up.

Top player. Got to be one of the hardest men to mark in Tyrone club football

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 19, 2022, 09:14:13 PM
Word's reached me from a normally reliable source that the ACL games will be reverting to Sundays after the July break.
Fixtures for the rest of the year are up on Tyrone GAA website and are all fixed for Fridays.