Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2021, 11:02:04 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 16, 2021, 10:49:28 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2021, 10:47:34 AM
Quote from: tiempo on November 16, 2021, 10:13:37 AM
2 points on reflection regarding the streaming fiasco

- the price was too high and rationale given was utter bs, cost of living going up is the precise reason to keep the price stable at £10 same as last year
- the decision to stream instead of go with TG4 or RTE has its logic, the national broadcasting platforms will be geoblocked in places meaning viewers will miss out, especially important for the teams involved that their people the world over can tune in reliably without having to figure some sort of hack

So 1 good 1 bad

Was the cost that expensive? If you were attending the game live would you have minded paying that price? If you are paying the same price for the comfort of your living room with replays and commentary then that's not bad either...

The cost to drive to the game, or bus to it, few pints and buying a ballot ya never win, you'd be more out of pocket!

Following that logic, should the All Ireland final be 90 euro on pay per view?

Its free to watch, why would you pay 90 quid? If the game is being streamed then its pay per view.. why would you link them both?

Why would you link the cost of attending an event live with the cost of streaming it?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 16, 2021, 11:12:58 AM

- the price was too high and rationale given was utter bs, cost of living going up is the precise reason to keep the price stable at £10 same as last year
- the decision to stream instead of go with TG4 or RTE has its logic, the national broadcasting platforms will be geoblocked in places meaning viewers will miss out, especially important for the teams involved that their people the world over can tune in reliably without having to figure some sort of hack

So 1 good 1 bad

Was the cost that expensive? If you were attending the game live would you have minded paying that price? If you are paying the same price for the comfort of your living room with replays and commentary then that's not bad either...

The cost to drive to the game, or bus to it, few pints and buying a ballot ya never win, you'd be more out of pocket!

Its free to watch, why would you pay 90 quid? If the game is being streamed then its pay per view.. why would you link them both?

Why would you link the cost of attending an event live with the cost of streaming it?

People are complaining about the cost of a match being streamed, they could attend the game or pay for the stream that's the same price, why are people complaining? There wer costs put up on another thread and the games were 25 quid a head! £16 is cheap, and if its the best competition in the land then its a bargain. Would £12 quid been acceptable?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

tiempo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2021, 11:31:08 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 16, 2021, 11:12:58 AM

So 1 good 1 bad

People are complaining about the cost of a match being streamed, they could attend the game or pay for the stream that's the same price, why are people complaining? There wer costs put up on another thread and the games were 25 quid a head! £16 is cheap, and if its the best competition in the land then its a bargain. Would £12 quid been acceptable?

There was a 60% increase on the price from the previous year, far in excess of the increase in cost of living in the same time
Attending the game is not an option for everyone - older people, overseas
Complaining as the Tyrone CB having set a pricing strategy last year and up to the final this year then went out of their way to put the arm in on the county final, the showpiece game in the Tyrone GAA calendar
£16 is cheap if you have it handy, some people might not
£12 would have been more palatable, £16 was taking the piss

clarshack

overall I paid £123 for 18 streamed games (including 5 double headers) which worked out at £6.83 per game for me, so it pays to buy a good few in the earlier rounds in order to bring the average cost down when it comes to the finals.

In hiding

Quote from: clarshack on November 16, 2021, 01:18:13 PM
overall I paid £123 for 18 streamed games (including 5 double headers) which worked out at £6.83 per game for me, so it pays to buy a good few in the earlier rounds in order to bring the average cost down when it comes to the finals.
Brilliant,  them more you spend, the more you save 🤔

Welcome to the board skinno

Tyrone Gaa

An argument maybe for an online season ticket. Although pubs/clubs would love that. Hard to know. There is no doubt they got it wrong this season with the mark up from last season, comparing it to other counties and the fact they declined a national broadcaster in favour of a quick pound.

Then sending Eugene out to attempt to justify things was like sending a lamb to the slaughter. He's been lambasted in the media by professional journalists as well as us amateur commentators.
Living the dream!!!

Milltown Row2

Well at least Florida is paid for
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 16, 2021, 01:55:16 PM

An argument maybe for an online season ticket. Although pubs/clubs would love that. Hard to know. There is no doubt they got it wrong this season with the mark up from last season, comparing it to other counties and the fact they declined a national broadcaster in favour of a quick pound.

Then sending Eugene out to attempt to justify things was like sending a lamb to the slaughter. He's been lambasted in the media by professional journalists as well as us amateur commentators.

Agree. There should have been an online season ticket probably around £100.

WT4E

Quote from: the_daddy on November 16, 2021, 02:15:29 PM

It's more likely that Eugene went on a solo run after the criticism of his 'brainchild'. I don't remember seeing anything about the £3 charge for u16s in the article.

I've heard McConnell went looking interviewed about this to double down on excessive charges - if a loaf of bread increases hes increasing and charging children as a result.

I think he's out of touch with people - his awkward looking interviews and commentary are almost as bad as this shit show!!!!!

Mikhailov

Quote from: WT4E on November 16, 2021, 02:47:37 PM
Quote from: the_daddy on November 16, 2021, 02:15:29 PM

It's more likely that Eugene went on a solo run after the criticism of his 'brainchild'. I don't remember seeing anything about the £3 charge for u16s in the article.

I've heard McConnell went looking interviewed about this to double down on excessive charges - if a loaf of bread increases hes increasing and charging children as a result.

I think he's out of touch with people - his awkward looking interviews and commentary are almost as bad as this shit show!!!!!

McConnell is a very bad interviewer. Dreadful to be honest but it is an amateur set up so that is to be expected. The amount of times Paddy Hunter got players names incorrect on Sunday was not good also but to be expected. They are doing it part time to be fair to the both of them

WT4E

Last Wednesday night, four days before the parish's team played in the county final, the food bank in Coalisland sent out 18 parcels of groceries to local families.

When you read things like this McConnells interview doesn't sit well.

clarshack

Beosport were showing finals from other counties last weekend and those counties will have also experienced increases in diesel and food like Tyrone but yet those finals were reasonably priced.

Jeremiah O

Has the price of a nutty Krust went up much since last year's county final?
Unconquered and unconquerable