?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Myles Na G.

Quote from: clarshack on March 11, 2011, 01:19:16 PM
it's hard to fathom that rangers are still in europe with a decent chance of progressing to the europa 1/4 finals - despite winning only 1 of their 9 european games this season (they've actually only won 1 of their last 20 european games). celtic have won more european games this season  ???

it will be their luck as well if both city and liverpool go out of the competition next week.
The important thing in these matches is not to concede a goal at home, so in that regard the 0-0 draw was a better result for PSV than it was for Rangers. Rangers are good at sticking 10 men behind the ball and making it difficult for the other team to play. At Ibrox, they'll have to come out and play a bit more, which should leave gaps for PSV to exploit.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2011, 02:47:37 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 10, 2011, 08:02:46 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2011, 08:29:00 PM
Would it be fair to say that die hard Celtic and Rangers fans are bigots???

No, it would be erroneous, idiotic, infantile and make you more of a bigot than those you denounce as such.

Maybe my statement/question was worded badly. I still believe that the hatred between these two clubs comes down to religion and not football (really) is this not bigotory?

Saff are you saying I'm a bigot? sometimes I'm an idiot can be stupid and get things wrong but i think I'm right here. The two clubs fester hate.

edit: but thats my view of course, i wont fall out with anyone over it or get into name calling ;)

Would you say diehard utdfans are bigots?

bennydorano

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 10, 2011, 11:31:34 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 09, 2011, 10:38:48 PM
There is just something about Lennon for me though...

He is always attracting trouble. It can't always be the other persons fault.
So have I got this straight, then?

When itg makes the above point, it is unremarkable.

Yet when I make essentially the same point, according to certain posters that makes me a sectarian bigot.

Isn't there some biblical proverb about "motes" and "beams" which applies?  ::)
It's acceptable for a blackman to call a fellow blackman 'the n word', a whiteman can get jail for it!  Similar here, fine for us fenian bastids to call Lennon whatever we like :)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

So back to the soccer, big match against Caley Thistle tonight (bigger then Sunday even?!!).
A result tonight will settle the Bhoys before the final on Sunday.
Sadly match not on TV so lads you'll have to suss out your local hostelry with a computer!  ;)
I know of 2 venues showing it in Belfast, straight out after work, few beers, hopefully celebrating a Hoops win and then spending the rest of the night getting ready for tomorrow.  ;D

Hail hail
Tbc....

Milltown Row2

Why as this match been postponed?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: reddgnhand on March 12, 2011, 03:19:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2011, 02:47:37 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 10, 2011, 08:02:46 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2011, 08:29:00 PM
Would it be fair to say that die hard Celtic and Rangers fans are bigots???

No, it would be erroneous, idiotic, infantile and make you more of a bigot than those you denounce as such.

Maybe my statement/question was worded badly. I still believe that the hatred between these two clubs comes down to religion and not football (really) is this not bigotory?

Saff are you saying I'm a bigot? sometimes I'm an idiot can be stupid and get things wrong but i think I'm right here. The two clubs fester hate.

edit: but thats my view of course, i wont fall out with anyone over it or get into name calling ;)

Would you say diehard utdfans are bigots?

If they are defined by the following then yes,

World English Dictionary
bigot  (ˈbɪɡət)

— n
a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sammymaguire

1-1 half time. Cally went ahead on 44th minute too
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

under the bar

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 16, 2011, 08:42:01 PM

Clicked on the Paddy power and it had the  game Postponed!! Strange

sammymaguire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2011, 08:55:21 PM

Was it live betting postponed cos of the goals??
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Minder

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 16, 2011, 09:00:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2011, 08:55:21 PM

Was it live betting postponed cos of the goals??

On that "Live Score" app it has Celtic v Hibs down as postponed, maybe that is what he is talking about.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

No have just seen that they were due to play someone else on this date in the League, and that's the game that came up Postponed. Hibs??

clarshack

clarshack

2-1 ft. ICT have always been a bogey team for celtic therefore a good result considering. aberdeen up next at hampden in the semis.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Watched the match (in Belfast), good show from the Bhoys, played against 10 man defense for most of the game, so Celts had to try harder.

One down, Sunday to go (law of averages says "the forces of darkness" should get one of the last two games), would you give up a Cup or go for the league game?
Think we can beat them over the 2 games but worried.
Tbc....