?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Milltown Row2

Seen that Colonel!! though he was on his way to hurling match :D :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

I recognise a ballymena man there. Im sure its him

It is him. Served time for it. From the Ardoyne riots in July so its not from a Glasgow Derby MR
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on March 10, 2011, 09:20:14 PM
I recognise a ballymena man there. Im sure its him

Was there not a couple of ones from Ballymena charged with the rioting in Ardoyne? They were only up to go to the zoo or something though........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

the ginger haired one with the "what da fcuk am i doing here" face?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

From the BT

Man travelled 30 miles for Ardoyne riot, court told

Thursday, 29 July 2010

A man made a 30-mile trip to Belfast to take part in the Twelfth of July rioting a court heard yesterday.

Paul Donegan (26), from Dunclug Park in Ballymena, is accused of riotous behaviour in Ardoyne on July 12.

Bail was refused after a police officer told Belfast Magistrates Court that Mr Donegan specifically came to the area "to take part in disturbances".

A 16-year-old also appeared in court accused of vehicle hijacking and attacking police.

Police claimed the youth was at the centre of serious disorder which erupted in the Ardoyne area. The suspect, who cannot be named because of his age, was in the middle of rolling a cannabis joint when officers went to arrest him two weeks later, a judge was told.

He was remanded in custody along with Donegan, who is alleged to have travelled nearly 30 miles from his home in Ballymena to take part in the trouble.

The teenager faces charges of riotous assembly, attempting to cause grievous bodily harm to |police officers with intent, possession of an offensive weapon — namely a 5ft pole and bottles — attempting to damage a police Land Rover wing mirror and window, seizing control of a Toyota car by force, destroying the vehicle, and possession of herbal cannabis.

A detective sergeant who said he could connect him with the offences told Belfast Magistrates Court yesterday: "This individual I would say, having examined CCTV footage, would be one of the most prominent individuals within that riot.

"From the very start, right through until the early hours of the morning, his activities were wide-ranging from attacking |police officers with poles, pipes and other materials to the hijacking of the vehicle which was set alight."

Opposing his release, the officer claimed the youth could not be controlled, with even his own mother said to be in a degree of fear of him.

"When police officers went in to arrest him he was in the process of rolling a joint," he added.

A defence solicitor claimed there were serious problems with the strength of the police evidence against his client.

He argued that the teenager had been identified wearing a hooded top and pointed out that the vast majority of the crowd at Ardoyne were similarly dressed.

But District Judge Fiona Bagnall ruled there was too great a risk to release the accused at this stage.

Donegan, of Dunclug Park, Ballymena, also failed to secure bail. He faces a single charge of riotous assembly on the same date and location.

The sergeant told the court that Donegan admitted throwing stones during interview, but claimed there was also evidence that he was involved in kicking out at police lines.

"He's from Ballymena and I believe he specifically travelled down to the Ardoyne area to take part in these disturbances," he said.

Both accused will appear again before the court next month

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/man-travelled-30-miles-for-ardoyne-riot-court-told-14891437.html#ixzz1GEcOh035

Clown

wrong thread

what the f**k has that got to do with celtic?

the colonel

Milltown had stated that this happened a Glasgow Derby, I'm sure he'll admit he was incorrect  :o

laoislad

Quote from: the colonel on March 10, 2011, 10:17:33 PM
Milltown had stated that this happened a Glasgow Derby, I'm sure he'll admit he was incorrect  :o

Partick Thistle  V Queen's Park  ?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Incorrect maybe on the dates but he surely is a Celtic supporter ;)

wanderer

Celtic and Rangers fans are without doubt the hardest to listen to supporters in the world. Both are holier than thou

Neither teams players or managers or fans is to blame for anything they do. It just seems like trouble gravitates towards them without them having any involvement and are absolved of all blame by their own

You'll struggle to find another team in Scotland fans that can stomach them (cue a few "because they are jealous") as they bring paranoia beyond belief. Everytime a player plays at Anfield, Old Trafford, Nou Camp, Bernbeau, Olympic Stadium etc they wax lyrical about the fans being the best in the world, but Old Firm fans actually record it, store it away and treat it like gospel

For everyones sake, why don't both agree they are as bad as each other and try and concrentrate on the football

the colonel

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2011, 10:26:44 PM

Incorrect maybe on the dates but he surely is a Celtic supporter ;)
No he's a player, the jacket is Broadway Celtic in Ballymena!

dillinger

only at some places (eg windsor park) where death threats etc are /have been the norm.

For the record, elaborate about these death threats from Windsor Park? When and against whom? The norm? Is this nearly every game that is played there?

Main Street

The worldwide acclaim paid to the Celtic support at home and abroad does appear to annoy the hell out of some people.
I suppose those quoted who paid tribute, could all be lying through their teeth. I do have to take that remote possibility under consideration. But it would be an act of folly not to accept the praise as honest and a genuine reflection of experience.
Of course it's a person's right to go out of their way here to be offended by Celtic fans and present gibberish posts with
irrelevant nonsense to support the gibber.
I am not a Celtic fan myself but I have no problem in appreciating the overwhelming positive ethos of the club, as was evidenced with a highly disciplined performance on the field against a rival team that at times were an undisciplined rabble resorting to crude means to upset Celtic.

As for the sideline antics, both McCoist and Lennon were rightfully found to be equally culpable. I'd call it quits on that scene.
Though I would have expected it to be noted by the investigation, recognising that Lennon publicly apologised for his actions and McCoist refused to so.

clarshack

it's hard to fathom that rangers are still in europe with a decent chance of progressing to the europa 1/4 finals - despite winning only 1 of their 9 european games this season (they've actually only won 1 of their last 20 european games). celtic have won more european games this season  ???

it will be their luck as well if both city and liverpool go out of the competition next week.

stiffler

Quote from: clarshack on March 11, 2011, 01:19:16 PM
it's hard to fathom that rangers are still in europe with a decent chance of progressing to the europa 1/4 finals - despite winning only 1 of their 9 european games this season (they've actually only won 1 of their last 20 european games). celtic have won more european games this season  ???

it will be their luck as well if both city and liverpool go out of the competition next week.

would be crazy if they got to dublin!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009