?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Banana Man

Quote from: Main Street on March 08, 2011, 11:34:44 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 08, 2011, 08:00:33 PM
An interesting line your going down EG, what's your point? What's the relevance of quoting an article full of allegations and no substance, has anything been subsequently proven?  Puts your moralising over NI related stuff in perspective when in fact your base position seems to be as sectarian as the rest of the knuckle dragging Rangers fraternity, who you say you've no truck with.  As you owcers are found of saying... shame :-\
EG's slime, is  exactly the type of stuff that morons feed off, before sending threats to Lennon in the form of bullets, suspect packages, threats etc etc.

+1 he tries to paint himself as the bastion of fairness, however this last while his mask has well and truly slipped and it's what leads to disgusting political threats against a FOOTBALL manager

Evil Genius

Quote from: bennydorano on March 08, 2011, 08:00:33 PM
An interesting line your going down EG, what's your point? What's the relevance of quoting an article full of allegations and no substance, has anything been subsequently proven?
I defended NL completely when he was abused by people who would term themselves NI fans. (Still do)
I condemned without reservation those thugs who have attacked/threatened him, both in the past and right up to the present day. (Still do)
I sympathised when he revealed his problems with his mental health. (Still do).

But as I've come to learn more about him, I have come to appreciate that there is another, darker side to NL, whether it be making snide and hypocritical comments when he thinks he's amongst "friends" (Cliftonville Social Club), or whether it be by mixing with decidedly unsavoury characters (Dowe), or whether it be by showing a consistent lack of discipline and self-control etc in the poisonous atmosphere of an Auld Firm Derby etc.

Of course, when I point that out in a forum like this, the point receives no acknowledgement or debate etc; rather the reaction is invariably to abuse me personally.

Speaking of which...
Quote from: bennydorano on March 08, 2011, 08:00:33 PMPuts your moralising over NI related stuff in perspective when in fact your base position seems to be as sectarian as the rest of the knuckle dragging Rangers fraternity, who you say you've no truck with.  As you owcers are found of saying... shame :-\
So it is "sectarian" of me to point out that the (arguably) central figure of a pretty despicable sequence of events which is proving a blight not just on Scottish football, but on Scottish society generally, is not the blameless angel which many on this forum would appear to believe?

Aye right, you go on persuading yourself that Celtic have no case to answer, since "themmuns" at Ibrox are the real villains etc.

Meanwhile, Rangers fans will go on comforting themselves that it's all the fault of themmuns at Parkhead, yet all the while neither can even recognise, never mind accept, that each needs each other in order to be able to survive in their own wee, narrow world.

But hey ho, I daresay my holding that opinion about the two clubs makes me the "bigot", not them or their defenders.  ::)

"If you want to go to Heaven when you die,
You should wear a Partick Thistle Shirt and Tie,
And a Partick Thistle Bonnet,
With 'Fcuk the Old Firm' on it,
If you want to go to Heaven when you die"

P.S. I could say a whole lot of things about Rangers and some of the tramps who follow them etc, but my lashing into that lot on a GAAboard hardly makes for lively debate, does it? Therefore those, like you, who cannot/will not accept it as read that my disdain for Rangers is equal to that of Celtic can suck my (sectarian) balls.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Nally Stand

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 08, 2011, 04:40:11 PM

I think you've got the wrong Gangster there, somehow...

"Parkhead chiefs will be concerned that fans' favourite Lennon, hit in the past by a series of sex scandals, will now be engulfed in lengthy and high-profile legal action relating to his business dealings. Lennon set up a property development firm in Ireland in December, 2005, with former professional footballer [Julian] Dowe, we reveal today.
But, embarrassingly for Lennon, within months of founding the firm, Dowe was caught up in a massive pounds 11million IRA money laundering scam. There is no suggestion that Lennon has been accused of any involvement.
Dowe's EUR250,000 property in Manchester was targeted by investigators who alleged he was an associate of Thomas 'Slab' Murphy, the IRA's former chief of staff.
British investigators won a court order under Proceeds of Crime laws to confiscate the home from Dowe on the grounds he was involved in a mortgage fraud connected to the IRA laundering scam."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20100328/ai_n52934237/

"Nine residential properties in Manchester belonging to Francis and Judy Murphy of Ballybinaby, County Louth in the Republic of Ireland and one property belonging to Julian Dowe of Rowan Avenue, Sale, Manchester are the subject of Property Freezing Orders (PFO) obtained from the High Court by ARA.
In its application to the High Court ARA alleges that Mr & Mrs Murphy built their property portfolio on wealth derived from money laundering and fuel smuggling in Ireland."

http://www.securityoracle.com/news/detail.html?id=11623

I learnt two things from that post:

1. You know how to use the bold text function.
2. You chose not to afford bold text to the line which read "There is no suggestion that Lennon has been accused of any involvement." and hence someone should really highlight it for you on the assumption that you either forgot to yourself, or else you carefully omitted it as it didnt suit your reasons for posting the report in the first place. So here goes:

"Parkhead chiefs will be concerned that fans' favourite Lennon, hit in the past by a series of sex scandals, will now be engulfed in lengthy and high-profile legal action relating to his business dealings. Lennon set up a property development firm in Ireland in December, 2005, with former professional footballer [Julian] Dowe, we reveal today.
But, embarrassingly for Lennon, within months of founding the firm, Dowe was caught up in a massive pounds 11million IRA money laundering scam. There is no suggestion that Lennon has been accused of any involvement. Dowe's EUR250,000 property in Manchester was targeted by investigators who alleged he was an associate of Thomas 'Slab' Murphy, the IRA's former chief of staff.
British investigators won a court order under Proceeds of Crime laws to confiscate the home from Dowe on the grounds he was involved in a mortgage fraud connected to the IRA laundering scam." [/i]

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

bennydorano

You put in 2 quotes there as if there was some meaning to them?? Quoting the Sunday Mirror (a paper who have had some beauty articles like my personal favourite - "Bushmills sponsors terrorism" - then inside there was a 5 line story saying oh btw bushmills have begun sponsoring the Antrim GAA Senior team who happen to have Gearoid Adams (jr) playing for them).  For a paper that seems to have aligned itself with unionism hardly suprising and a shite and unreliable source for you to begin a post.  The second quote has no mention of Lennon, you seem to have added it on the mention of Dowe, so as the first post is crap ditto for the second.  Your post is nothing but Sectarian influenced drivel.  the rest of your post is hearsay and nonsense. 

Lennon winds up Rangers 'fans' so much it is unreal, you couldn't pick a manager that would push more buttons than Lennon, but reasonable a person as I am :) I reckon it is as clear as day that there is a witchhunt on the go.  The tables have been turned so much in the media you wouldn't think it was Rangers who had 3 players sent off, had a player who physically mandhandled the Celtic physio, an assistant manager who nearly started an aftermatch melee.  Lennon's certainly no angel, but I honestly believe he's getting the short end of the stick in regards to this.

Hail Hail

Milltown Row2

Would it be fair to say that die hard Celtic and Rangers fans are bigots???

would not follow football really, have a passing interest with Utd (dad forcing me to support them from an early age)

Have sampled a couple of Celtic games so can say I've been and heard all the chants
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

You cant make generalisations about anything, but there's plenty of bigots about. A lot of people merely lose the run of themselves for 90 mins in a lot of old firm games, hard to know what % carries it with them into daily life.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on March 09, 2011, 09:32:31 PM
You cant make generalisations about anything, but there's plenty of bigots about. A lot of people merely lose the run of themselves for 90 mins in a lot of old firm games, hard to know what % carries it with them into daily life.

So what you're saying is that they can be bigots for 90 minutes but grand after that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Yes Milltown, Rangers came to Celtic Park and played like boot boys.  The only indiscretion of note by Celtic all evening was Lennon getting wound up by McCoist. Yet in the minds of those who don't tax their their brains too much, all the stuff that happened in that game gets lumped under the Old Firm tag.

Whoever Rangers have to manage their PR, they deserve a medal.

imtommygunn

This was only the second old firm game I've ever watched to be honest.

My two cents would be...

- that Rangers team are a real dirty shower - Diouf and the fella that got sent off are no good at all, In fact to be honest Diouf is one of the most dispicable individuals I've ever seen on a football field. Lafferty is approaching that league too.

- however I would share some viewpoints here that Lennon isn't much good either. Whether he is just fiery or there is more to it than that he seems to add a lot of tension to the old firm games.

I grew up in a family where we supported celtic but I have moved away from it. I watched it as I heard Celtic were good and to be fair they looked good that night. They however seem to bottle it against smaller teams.

There are individuals on both sides who are no good. I would say there are more on the Rangers side however Lennon is the key man for Celtic and you would expect better from a manager.

imtommygunn

He wasn't much good in the whole thing either HS.

There is just something about Lennon for me though...

He is always attracting trouble. It can't always be the other persons fault.

Milltown Row2

Ok so most on here believe that Celtic in general are good and Rangers are bad. That's cleared that up. 

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2011, 09:38:22 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 09, 2011, 09:32:31 PM

So what you're saying is that they can be bigots for 90 minutes but grand after that?
Didn't think what i wrote was that hard to understand, but it's clear what u after & i'm not biting ::)

saffron sam2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2011, 08:29:00 PM
Would it be fair to say that die hard Celtic and Rangers fans are bigots???

No, it would be erroneous, idiotic, infantile and make you more of a bigot than those you denounce as such.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Evil Genius

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 09, 2011, 10:38:48 PM
There is just something about Lennon for me though...

He is always attracting trouble. It can't always be the other persons fault.
So have I got this straight, then?

When itg makes the above point, it is unremarkable.

Yet when I make essentially the same point, according to certain posters that makes me a sectarian bigot.

Isn't there some biblical proverb about "motes" and "beams" which applies?  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Applesisapples

Any one commenting on a Celtic thread with Loyalist Flag as his icon must surely only be stirring it? ;)