?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

clarshack

hearts are definitely in the reckoning.

mylestheslasher

Haven't been watching much Scottish Soccer but can someone tell me how is Anthony Stokes shaping up. Is he contributing much out the field or is he just a 6 yrd box man?

Main Street

Stokes is a striker who puts in an active shift around the pitch any time I have seen him. He functions best when partnered with Hooper, who is a better player than Stokes.
He showed a lot of promise earlier in the season but had a very poor game against Rangers at CP and went off the boil in December, maybe he had the flu or something.
He just about gets on the team now. Overall, he is lagging behind the other new players that are part of the first team. He has done enough to justify Celtic signing him, but hasn't done enough yet to be the player Celtic need.

the colonel

Quote from: Main Street on January 23, 2011, 12:46:06 PM
Stokes is a striker who puts in an active shift around the pitch any time I have seen him. He functions best when partnered with Hooper, who is a better player than Stokes.
He showed a lot of promise earlier in the season but had a very poor game against Rangers at CP and went off the boil in December, maybe he had the flu or something.
He just about gets on the team now. Overall, he is lagging behind the other new players that are part of the first team. He has done enough to justify Celtic signing him, but hasn't done enough yet to be the player Celtic need.

I think he's actually quite lazy. If he's on his own up front he doesnt cover much ground. Having hooper with him actually gives him some more confidence and more movement. If he's outside the box he doesnt shift himself to get into it to catch up with play. Although I think he is getting better. A long way to go yet
the difference between success and failure is energy

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Massive match tonight against Hearts and we only have one! recognised centre back!!
Looking forward to this game even if the stomach is full of butterflies...

Hail Hail
Tbc....

illdecide

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 26, 2011, 04:30:07 PM
Massive match tonight against Hearts and we only have one! recognised centre back!!

Hail Hail

I was looking forward to it but i'm not gonna see it...meetings ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 26, 2011, 04:30:07 PM

Hail Hail
smart move by lennon loaning out three other centre halves !!
Smith would not have been as shortsighted !

Main Street

Easy enough for Celtic in the second half, that was some ovation for Kayal.
The Irish celts continue to bang in the goals.

the colonel

Centre halfs stolled it tonight so hopefully Mulgrew can fill the gap in the next few weeks. Kayal is an unreal footballer. Hopefully he'll be at Celtic for years. Even Brown has started to improve and change his game. Stokes and I said in previous posts does alot better with Hooper beside him

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/celtic-hearts-spl-jan-2011-8310254/

Last nights goals.

And to the person who said Stokes can be lazy - behave, he is no good in a lone strikers role but tries his heart out, much better when he's playing off another striker, Hooper, Murphy etc...
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

great perf. I rate stokes and would think he can do a good job for Ireland alongside Doyle.
Kayal superb. Mulgrew great at CB, but Rogne makes them all look good !
Stokes hooper combo is Celtics best. pity forrest got inj, a great little winger.
Ledley complements Kayal well.
Still, hearts went to pieces a bit after the early goal and Celtic are now quite adept at playing a faster counter attacking game - three additional goals prove that.
More concerned that in a tight defensive game, Celtic still struggle to open up teams, though last nights formation and selection weould be better than usual.
Mccourt and mcginn look like the cant both be starting.

the colonel

GDA is said stokes was lazy by himself if things were not going for him. From the games I've been to and watched I stand by it. With Hooper he is different, seem to have a good relationship on and off the pitch.

Ledley has improved over last few weeks but still a long way to go. A few good wins this month but let's not get ahead of ourselves as the next month is gonna be more vital with cup games and tough league games

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Muzz on January 27, 2011, 11:00:49 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9373191.stm

Another winger...
said a couple of years ago when Kris commons was on fire and on form that I'd like to see Celtic go after him.
He hasnt been as good this year,but still a good player I hope!

Rav67

Celtic probably don't need another player who can play wing or off the front, but I can see where Lennon is coming from - picking up an asset for £300k which is worth considerably more.  Not great news for Paddy McCourt though.