Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Dunno if he's happy r not but he's def not as good a player as i thought we were getting, this could also be down to him not being happy in Glasgow i suppose
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

Ledley is being moved around the team from left back, to left mid to central mid, attacking and to def mid...
thats along with diff team formations and different line ups each week.
thats a nightmare for continuity for any team and a player.
Agree - lennon is way too negative against these teams. fine against rangers away, but he needs to go all out attack when playing the likes of - well anyone except rangers.
wingers getting the ball into stokes and murphy. McCourt and forrest the wingers.
Kayal and either ljungberg or ledley in the middle.
no offense but its what I feared, lennon hasnt he tactical nous. Smith wont have to even break a sweat.

SambaSaffron

First of all, Celtic were awful last night. No creativity seemingly, Stokes didn't look interested.

However, had the referee not awarded their goal, which was a clear 2 yards offside, it would have been a different game. Partly the linesman's fault, but the ref could still see it. So after that, Hamilton sat back, and made no real effort to do anything. Had the goal not been awarded, I think Celtic would have been able to be patient and Hamilton would have had to come on to them a bit more. The goals would have arrived.

Second bad decision - how on earth did Skelton avoid at least a booking after 4-5 fouls on McCourt? If that had been a Celtic player, he'd have been gone. See Brown, Scott. Then we had the frankly ridiculous Forrest sending off. Next up, McGinn gets a yellow card for 'diving'. I thought it was a penalty. Even if it wasn't, it wasn't diving. Referees feel it either has to be either a dive or a penalty. This isn't the case.

As I said, our tactics weren't good last night and we lacked spark. However, Smith certainly hasn't outwitted Lennon in any way as yet. In 3 games between the 2, Lennon has won 2 ( I know one was 'unimportant'). Theres a long way to go yet.

illdecide

I see there was a site on Facebook trying to get 100,000 hits about getting Neil Lennon shot...WTF. apparently Facebook have taken it down but yesterday they said that the site was OK and should remain
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Celtic supporters plan Bhoycott of away games in war with SFA Jan 19 2011 By Alan Marshall

CELTIC fans are ready to back the club in their war with the SFA by refusing to buy tickets for away games.

The Bhoycott is due to start at Kilmarnock on March 2. Celtic Supporters' Association wants their 3000 members and other fans to snub away games to starve clubs of cash.

They insist they are taking action in protest at decisions by referees and the SFA which have damaged Celtic this season.

Recent action taken against Neil Lennon has brought the issue to a head and Killie chairman Michael Johnston was on the SFA committee that bumped up the Celtic gaffer's touchline ban to six weeks on appeal last Tuesday.

CSA general secretary Joe O'Rourke said: "Some fans have concerns about leaving the team with no support if we have a Bhoycott and I understand that but the old saying of 'no pain, no gain' springs to mind.

"Let's be absolutely clear - this proposed Bhoycott is about the treatment of Celtic by the SFA and its officials. We will always be 100 per cent behind Lenny and players.

"I don't have to go over recent history but things were bad enough and they have deteriorated dramatically since the Dallas-Dougie incidents.

"There has to be a serious problem when the president of the SFA attacks us in the media. Just how we expect to get a fair and impartial hearing after his outburst I don't know.

"Feedback shows between 90 and 100 per cent support for a Bhoycott of the match at Kilmarnock.

"Every supporters' club I have spoken to is backing the action. There are some fans who will never be in favour of a Bhoycott irrespective of the reason and I understand that.

"Some fans will say it leaves the team with no support - fair point but then what do we do? Just accept being cheated on an almost weekly basis?"

O'Rourke hopes snubbing Rugby Park will only be the first such demonstration by Hoops fans. He said: "It should be the first action in our campaign for fair treatment.

"It will show the fans can unite for the common good of the entire club, from the directors right through to the manager and players."

Tbc....

Pat Mustard

Seen that. Personally I think we'd be better off boycotting the league cup semi and hitting the SFA in the pocket.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Pat Mustard on January 19, 2011, 12:28:00 PM
Seen that. Personally I think we'd be better off boycotting the league cup semi and hitting the SFA in the pocket.

Would agree, makes more sense as the SFA run the cup.

Also see James Vaughan is coming on loan til the end of the season with a "rental" fee of 250k - allegedlly.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Has to be one of the shortest Celtic careers ever!!  :)
Things at Paradise never dull.

Celtic call time on Olivier Kapo contract   
Celtic have released former Birmingham and Juventus midfielder Olivier Kapo, who arrived at the club on 4 November.

"He signed a contract which allowed us to terminate on 10 January," manager Neil Lennon told his club's website.

"Celtic took this option to terminate as we felt he had not done enough to justify a longer-term contract.

"We were willing to look at an extension to this short-term contract with Olivier. However, he was not willing to accept these terms."

The 30-year-old one-time French international arrived in Glasgow as a free agent, having been released by Wigan in the summer.

Kapo was limited to just two appearances for Celtic, coming on as a substitute in a 2-0 win over St Johnstone and starting the following game against Motherwell on 29 December.

But he lasted just 38 minutes of the 1-0 win at Celtic Park.

Tbc....

Main Street

He must have ben poor, even Du Wei played for 7 minutes more than Kapo.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Pish poor second half, albeit against a 10 man defense, but three points in the bag and the huns getting beat by the mini huns, great stuff.
5 points ahead and they now have 2 games in hand, always prefer the points in the bag.  ;)

Hail hail
Tbc....

under the bar

Rangers getting bear at Hearts was no surprise.  Celtic will do well to leave Tynecastle with anything never mind 3 points.

clarshack

good day for the celts but still a long way to go yet.

agree with GDA in that its always better to have the points on the board.

ONeill

Hearts in the title race I think. The top two are nothing special and Rangers probably weaker with Miller away. They could force their way into the reckoning.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on January 22, 2011, 11:19:07 PM
Hearts in the title race I think. The top two are nothing special and Rangers probably weaker with Miller away. They could force their way into the reckoning.

Understatement alert.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Minder on January 22, 2011, 11:37:49 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 22, 2011, 11:19:07 PM

Understatement alert.

You think the top two are special?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad