?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Muzz on August 17, 2010, 01:50:06 PM
Has anyone been on the Celtic Site and looked at the new ticket section?

As a matter of interest is anyone here an actual season ticket holder?
no.
used to be.

Muzz

A lot less season tickets sold this year so i think a lot more sales are done online.

You can register for Away Tickets aswell at the moment. 

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Muzz on August 17, 2010, 02:00:20 PM
A lot less season tickets sold this year so i think a lot more sales are done online.

You can register for Away Tickets aswell at the moment.
its not really just the poo perf of the team that is causing less tickets to be sold. The price is quite high as well.
Jobs and money in and around Glasgow are not as good as a few years ago.
A lot of the bandwagon jumper yuppies who only really started supporting Celtic from the 98 season when they regained the title onwards are starting to drift away again.
The hardcore of Celtic fans from before 98 were well used to disasterous seasons and would go to see their team irrespective. Even some of those have had to stop going due to financial problems.
Celtic should be reducing season tickets not increasing them. I stopped my season ticket after 11 years a few years ago as I only went over a couple of times a year and I can get tickets no problem these days when I want to go over so I dont need a season ticket and its a waste of money for me to have one (when a supporters club were gifted the use of the book all season long when I or friends/family wasnt using it).

Muzz

I didnt mean the reason for less season tickets being sold was due to online sales - rather than because less season tickets are sold - more tickets are available to buy online.

Know what you mean about the Season Ticket.  Back when I had mine I think it was £479 for Jock Stein Stand.  What are they at now?

Always thought about renewing it then renting it to a supporters club when I wasnt going of selling tickets individually to mates but dont know if you would still get your worth out of it.  As you say tickets handy to come by these days anyways.

When part of the Supporters Club we were going for £25 for every home league game - That was bus, boat and match.  Cant beat that!

lolafrola

Just seen the highlights for last weekend's game and Celtic should have won 5-0, they created some chances in that game and judging by the highlights Shaun Maloney seemed to be well up for it (he owes us some big performances)
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 15, 2010, 10:05:05 PM
certainly mulgrew is no superstar, but a decent enough player - what could he have been if he had been given a chance to progress and be properly coached at top level instead of going to these mickey mouse outfits.
instead wee ginger fecked things up for the lad and also for Celtic by getting rid of a very promising player - who shone on loan at dundee utd.
That lennon thought highly enough to bring him back speaks volumes enough - more than our our opinions. Cant hide tha fact!
From the snippets I saw, Mulgrew had a fair first half and a great second half. This is in spite of facing ict's good winger. Also impressive given Celtics recent defensive turmoil and unsettled side. Midfield not shielding them hadnt helped.
Celtic have a long way to go to create a team then a winning team, but they are most def improving game on game!

Im not sure which snippets you saw but in reality Mulgrew was torn a new arsehole in the first half. He had clearly been identified as Celtic's weak link by ICT. His second half performance was better but with Celtic in total command there was no scope for his defensive weaknesses to be exposed. He didnt "shine" with United either. He knocked in some superb free kicks but the same problems existed with the defensive side of his game.

You suggest Lennon bringing him back speaks volumes. I would say the fact that he was on his way to Brentford before Lennon called speaks volumes too ;D. Fair play to Mulgrew, he probably couldnt believe his luck getting a chance to pick up a good wage with Celtic and good luck to him. With Lennon now having signed a LB who seems to have a decent pedigree its unlikely Mulgrew will get too many games. As I said earlier might do a job as a squad player for games when Celtic are well on top.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on August 18, 2010, 07:44:25 PM

Im not sure which snippets you saw but in reality Mulgrew was torn a new arsehole in the first half. He had clearly been identified as Celtic's weak link by ICT. His second half performance was better but with Celtic in total command there was no scope for his defensive weaknesses to be exposed. He didnt "shine" with United either. He knocked in some superb free kicks but the same problems existed with the defensive side of his game.

You suggest Lennon bringing him back speaks volumes. I would say the fact that he was on his way to Brentford before Lennon called speaks volumes too ;D. Fair play to Mulgrew, he probably couldnt believe his luck getting a chance to pick up a good wage with Celtic and good luck to him. With Lennon now having signed a LB who seems to have a decent pedigree its unlikely Mulgrew will get too many games. As I said earlier might do a job as a squad player for games when Celtic are well on top.
far from not shining at Dundee utd - mulgrew from recollection was voted fans player of the year (or was it young player of the year !!)
I thought the defense kept a clean sheet on Sat last ! Despite ICT 'targetting' Mulgrew - and he coped and then flourished - esp in second half (even by your own admission)

Lennon bringing Mulgrew back speaks volumes alright. Even if the new Honduran lad is first choice, buying back Mulgrew is no 'accident' from Lennon.
If Mulgrew was cack then even if he was free, no manager would re-sgn someone.
Having played alongside Mulgrew and then against him, I think Lennon is in a magnificent position to know how good/bad the lad is - again , he would hardly sign someone he knows is rubbish - no manager would do that, not even Le Guen !
Speaks volumes alright ! I'd even say Lennon should  know a lot more and be in a better position to judge than either of us !!  ;)

under the bar

What channel is the game on tonight?

orange2009

Not on in UK or Ireland.  Its a streaming job tonight again.

the colonel

I can't see how anyone can make a credible defence for Mulgrew. He's pure muck.

Hinkel out for the season. That rules out selling him and making a couple of million
the difference between success and failure is energy

Main Street

Quote from: the colonel on August 19, 2010, 04:14:18 PM
I can't see how anyone can make a credible defence for Mulgrew.
Lynchbhoy can, if credibility is in the eye of the beholder.

Main Street

Only one link for the game listed in my2p2 - Iraqgoals. Fortunately it's steady enough so far. Steadier than the Celtic back 4 look.

under the bar

Can you post the link main street? cheers

Main Street

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on August 19, 2010, 05:27:59 PM
Quote from: the colonel on August 19, 2010, 04:14:18 PM
I can't see how anyone can make a credible defence for Mulgrew.
Lynchbhoy can, if credibility is in the eye of the beholder.
imo he was a great young prospect. not so any more as he missed too many years of decent apprenticeship at a good club like Celtic.
However MS - if anyone is making a real case for mulgrews credibility then its the manager - Lennon!
good move by lennon to bench mulgrew tonight until he can work on him some more and as well as upskilll him, restore his confidence.
by doing so, he has destroyed utrechts gameplan tonight !!

http://www.firstrow.net/watch/24214/3/watch-celtic--vs-fc-utrecht.html

or

http://iraqgoals.tv/ch1.html