7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 03, 2010, 10:00:52 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 02, 2010, 10:58:12 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 01, 2010, 01:38:00 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 26, 2010, 09:33:48 AM
Quote from: Club Rossa on April 26, 2010, 08:38:58 AM
Disappointed to see Rogne having to go off yesterday,looks like a really good player.5 league wins in a row now for Lennon,though i feel the Ross County defeat will scupper his chances of getting the job on a permanent basis.
billy davies wont take the celtic job - he's not near good enough - hes a huge rangers fan anyhow !
Words I thought I'd never type - you're absolutely right on this one, LB.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8655352.stm
its the kind of info that actual Celtic fans know - not linfield fans or lower scots league team supporters though !
;)
Still trying to take your points, I see.  ;) Looking forward to the Championship?
not so much taking points as underlining a death of knowledge about Celtic that an ordinary fan would or should posess !

I presume you refer to the football championship ?
Of course.
I look forward to all sporting events, NHL playoffs, NBA Playoffs, heineken cup final, sfa and fa cup finals
but the football and hurling championships are the best part of an Irish summer and to be enjoyed!

congrats to middlesboro by the way
finishing 11th was a wonderful achievement !

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 03, 2010, 12:24:50 PM
Disappointed to see Rogne having to go off yesterday,looks like a really good player.5 league wins in a row now for Lennon,though i feel the Ross County defeat will scupper his chances of getting the job on a permanent basis.
billy davies wont take the celtic job - he's not near good enough - hes a huge rangers fan anyhow !
its the kind of info that actual Celtic fans know - not linfield fans or lower scots league team supporters though !
;)
Still trying to take your points, I see.  ;) Looking forward to the Championship?
not so much taking points as underlining a death of knowledge about Celtic that an ordinary fan would or should posess !

Of course.
I look forward to all sporting events, NHL playoffs, NBA Playoffs, heineken cup final, sfa and fa cup finals
but the football and hurling championships are the best part of an Irish summer and to be enjoyed!

Your man Mowbray had a great season too, eh?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League
Venue: Celtic Park Date: Tuesday, 4 May Kick-off: 1945 BST
Coverage: BBC Sport website and BBC Radio Scotland

Celtic defender Glenn Loovens, who missed Saturday's win over Motherwell, will undergo a late fitness test ahead of Tuesday's Old Firm derby.

Fellow central defender Thomas Rogne is out with a similar hamstring problem, while striker Paul McGowan has failed to recover from his ankle injury.

Rangers will still be without Madjid Bougherra, who could be fit for the final game of the season on Sunday.

Fellow defender Sasa Papac serves the second of a two-match ban.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic: (from) Boruc, O'Dea, Braafheid, Naylor, Hinkel, Loovens, Thompson, Scott Brown, McGeady, Zheng, Samaras, NGuemo, Kamara, Fortune, Rasmussen, Keane, Wilson, Zaluska, McGinn, Ki, Forrest, McCourt.

Rangers: (from) McGregor, Weir, Smith, Whittaker, Broadfoot, Thomson, Miller, Edu, Novo, Naismith, Fleck, Little, Boyd, Lafferty, Alexander, Davis, McCulloch, Kind Bendiksen.
Tbc....

Lamh Dhearg Alba

;)

Surely you arent suggesting that it was some kind of secret that Billy Davies is a Rangers fan ;D ;D. I would have thought actual Celtic fans would know the names of their own players though ;).

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 03, 2010, 01:38:07 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 03, 2010, 12:24:50 PM
;)

Of course.

Your man Mowbray had a great season too, eh?
'Celtic's' Man Mowbray had as good a season as he guy prior to him. Neither were good enough though. Lets hope Celtic appoint a decent man next time out ! - well us Celtc fans hope so, doubt if you share that sentiment !!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 04, 2010, 12:11:34 PM
;)

Surely you arent suggesting that it was some kind of secret that Billy Davies is a Rangers fan ;D ;D. I would have thought actual Celtic fans would know the names of their own players though ;).
obv a secret to some, including the tabloids who came up with the ridiculous notion !!
Good to see you still have no comeback other than bringing up a 'typo' !

Main Street

I suppose a 'guard of honour' to welcome the SPL champions onto the pitch, would be out of the question?

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on May 04, 2010, 01:59:32 PM
I suppose a 'guard of honour' to welcome the SPL champions onto the pitch, would be out of the question?

Yeah sure....sure why not ask the Celtic players to perform oral sex on them whilst trying to hum "The Billy boys" too ::)...i know you're on the wind up so i was sarcastic too ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

if thats the done thing in the same season as a team wins it, then Celtic would have to do so...
the fans wont like it too much !

Will be interesting to see what team Lennon sends out.
Its a darn pity that Rogne is out. Loovens is doing a late fitness test but I cant see him being right to start.
It will be O'dea and Thompson as centre halves.
Will Rassmussen start?
I hope so !

apparantly some clubs are interested in Fortune
Lets hope they make Celtic an offer they cant refuse (for me that would anything above £2million !- others I know would take ten quid !)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 04, 2010, 03:27:21 PM
if thats the done thing in the same season as a team wins it, then Celtic would have to do so...

Its a darn pity that Rogne is out. Loovens is doing a late fitness test but I cant see him being right to start.
Will Rassmussen start?
I hope so !

Lets hope they make Celtic an offer they cant refuse (for me that would anything above £2million !- others I know would take ten quid !)

LB I'll give you 3 blackjacks, 2 refreshers and a packet of burger bites to take him!
Stories of him being linked with a transfer swop. Fred Flintstone wouldn't be bad.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 04, 2010, 04:06:52 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 04, 2010, 03:27:21 PM

Will Rassmussen start?
I hope so !

LB I'll give you 3 blackjacks, 2 refreshers and a packet of burger bites to take him!
Stories of him being linked with a transfer swop. Fred Flintstone wouldn't be bad.
aye - the brother told me the other day that the swap we are being linked with was matt derbyshire
I said I'd swop him for eileen derbyshire (emily out of coronation st)

Main Street

Fortune is a talented player well hidden inside a sheep clothing.

Re the guard of honour thing to the SPL champions, of course it's tongue in cheek. But I'd be all in favour of players, after such a season, having to eat humble pie in front of the fans. I can't think of anything more cruel.
Much better than a lap of honour to an empty stadium.

Myles Na G.

'Celtic's' Man Mowbray had as good a season as he guy prior to him. Neither were good enough though. Lets hope Celtic appoint a decent man next time out ! - well us Celtc fans hope so, doubt if you share that sentiment !!

You were the one arguing that he was improving the team - right up until the time we got chinned by St Mirren.  :D And the difference between Mowbray and the guy prior to him was 3 league titles and 2 last 16 CL finishes. Real football fans - that's football, not 'soccer', btw - would know that. You, on the other hand, are a sports fan whose favourite sport is GAA. And it shows, believe me.

Main Street

QuoteReal football fans - that's football, not 'soccer', btw - would know that

You have a problem Myles with the word 'soccer' being used to describe association football?
That's weird.
Pretty much every kid in Ireland that attended a school with both sports, GAA and Soccer,  use the word 'soccer' as a term of description, to distinguish it from GAA football.

Though I do hear quite many  English people on the BBC radio, act condescendingly towards those ( eg North Americans) who use the term "soccer",  as  'football' is already understood to mean American Football.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Main Street on May 04, 2010, 06:01:15 PM
QuoteReal football fans - that's football, not 'soccer', btw - would know that

You have a problem Myles with the word 'soccer' being used to describe association football?
That's weird.
Pretty much every kid in Ireland that attended a school with both sports, GAA and Soccer,  use the word 'soccer' as a term of description, to distinguish it from GAA football.

Though I do hear quite many  English people on the BBC radio, act condescendingly towards those ( eg North Americans) who use the term "soccer",  as  'football' is already understood to mean American Football.
Not true. The word 'soccer' may be widely used in rural areas. In urban areas, kids talk about 'football' and 'Gaelic' to distinguish between the two. In rural areas, Gaelic is what kids are brought up on and is no doubt the more popular sport. I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with people who are obviously steeped in GAA coming on like they're Alex Ferguson, when it's fairly obvious they know fcuk all squared about football. Or 'soccer' if it makes you happy.  :)