?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

JimStynes

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 04, 2010, 03:20:08 PM
that game today was no better than any Celtic perf this past three or four years.
Devoid of creativity etc. Just watching the cork v tipp hurling now which is light years ahead in athleticism, skill and entertainment not to mention bravery and effort.

I would say that the spl has indeed gone downhill from a couple of seasons ago where most games- even those played between lesser lights- were attacking fayre and entertaining .

any game I see now is a disaster. The disgraceful pitches certainly are a lot to do with this.

hopefully Celtic will get a manager soon after this season ends, lennons motivation has obv fizzled out already.

Thats an understatement, them hurlers are tough tough men.

Main Street

It is premature to even pass comment on the overall merits of Lennon in his second game on a shite pitch away from home. His job is clearly to stop the rot at the back and let the forwards take what they can get. So far he has done that.
He has proved that a novice can do as good and even a better job than Mowbray did.
He is not in the same league as MON when it comes to leaping to celebrate a goal, in fact his feet hardly left the ground, I don't how Lennon ever won a header on the pitch.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on April 04, 2010, 04:49:03 PM
It is premature to even pass comment on the overall merits of Lennon in his second game on a shite pitch away from home. His job is clearly to stop the rot at the back and let the forwards take what they can get. So far he has done that.
He has proved that a novice can do as good and even a better job than Mowbray did.
He is not in the same league as MON when it comes to leaping to celebrate a goal, in fact his feet hardly left the ground, I don't how Lennon ever won a header on the pitch.
it is early, but thats not the case. Todays perf was worse than anything I have seen this season.
Soccer (and sport in general) is a 'funny old game' as they didnt condede a goal when outplayed in defence - contrary to other times when the converse is true.
will see what comes, but lennon will need those inj players back and to put someone else on in the middle of the pitch eg crosas and move brown to the wing instead of samaras.
Dropping keane might be better for the team as they try to send everything to him and the opposition know this and defend accordingly. He never got a sniff today.
Drop mcgeady until he finds form/pitches improve

Main Street

Dropping Keane?
He is a class on his own out there. If he was any more prolific he would be in top group of strikers in Europe.
Keane will create goals, score goals and convert penalties. Celtic could not even convert a penalty before he came.

Orior

Best bit of entertainment today was when the ref stopped play for an injured player. On the restart, Celtic said they kick the ball back to Hibs as they had had poscession.

Anyway the ref dropped the ball, Keane got it and started racing towards the Hibs goal, and then tapped it back to the keeper.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Club Rossa

While the performance was poor today i was obviously happy with the result.Hibs rarely make things easy for Celtic and any time you get 3 points at Easter Road is a good result.

Celt_Man

Going off on a slight tangent here, Cillian Sheridan on loan from Celtic to St. Johnstone scored an absolute cracker against Rangers last week.  Only after seeing it, well worth a look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-ZHK9vRAgo
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

slow corner back

Another player who should not have been allowed to go out on loan. He had a good spell last season linking up with McDonald before being replaced by the useless Samaras. He should be back at Celtic Park  at the end of the season.

saffron sam2

Disappointed things didn't work out for Tony Mowbray, a guy who I would always have had a lot of time for.

I was standing in the Celtic End the day Mogga made his debut for Celtic. Eoin Jess gave Aberdeen an undeserved early lead, but Celtic responded to win 2-1; at one stage Mowbray sallied forth from his defensive duties to wallop one off the crossbar from 30 yards or more.

Met him in July 05 when he brought his young Hibs team over to Ireland for their pre-season tour, staying in the Grand in Malahide. He had no problems taking time to pose for photos with my wee lad (then 11 months old).

A genuine good guy in a sea of not such good guys.

Interestingly his career stats, in terms of wins as a manager outdo both Strachan and Lambert.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Club Rossa

I was also at Celtic Park the day he made his debut,he nearly broke the crossbar with that shot.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Huns two games away from getting the title, at least it can't happen before the split!
Tbc....

T Fearon

Willie Mc Stay "has left" Upjest Dosza. Weren't they supposed to be a Celtic feeder club?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on April 08, 2010, 04:48:49 PM
Willie Mc Stay "has left" Upjest Dosza. Weren't they supposed to be a Celtic feeder club?

I believe that was susposed to be the idea.

In reality they took 2 reserve players on year long loan and we have had no-one from them.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Ross county in the Scottish cup semi-final tomorrow, very early kick off 12.15!
Normally this match would be a formality, but Celtic really need to kill this game off in the 1st half.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

T Fearon

Would settle for a 1 nil win. A real banana skin and catastrophic consequences for Lennon if the unthinkable happens