?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

lets see who Celtic get in.
I am not overly impressed by havin lennon and mcgrain in charge.
was thinking earlier that maybe Billy McNeil might be tempted out of retirement for the remainder of the season.
Obv I will support any managerial appointment but it doesnt bode well leaving two fellas in charge with no experience at this lark.

illdecide

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 25, 2010, 03:16:20 PM
was thinking earlier that maybe Billy McNeil might be tempted out of retirement for the remainder of the season.
Obv I will support any managerial appointment but it doesnt bode well leaving two fellas in charge with no experience at this lark.

Why not don't judge anyone until you see what they can do, the could win every match the rest of the season and then would you still not be impressed ??? two Celtic legends and very experienced men who know what it takes to play for Celtic and give the passion required..."Wearing the shirt with pride and the chest sticking out"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Big Billy is way too old and too long out of the managerial chair, nearly 20 years. He'd have no time for modern day prima donnas

Mc Grain and Lennon did all right with the reserves, winning trophies, they know the club and the pressures so its a sensible short term arrangement, and surely they can lift the Scottish Cup.

Just hope they revert to using the most experienced players available, and play a team that consists of four recognised defenders, 2 or 3 midfielders, 2 or 3 forwards, and of course a goalkeeper ;D

T Fearon

Just occurred to me. I actually saw Celtic win twice under Mowbray and in one of those games they kept a clean sheet, honestly! Surely that qualifies me for a place in the annals :D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: illdecide on March 25, 2010, 03:21:42 PM

Why not don't judge anyone until you see what they can do, the could win every match the rest of the season and then would you still not be impressed ??? two Celtic legends and very experienced men who know what it takes to play for Celtic and give the passion required..."Wearing the shirt with pride and the chest sticking out"
almost any time a man is promoted to a managerial job with feck all exp - he falls flat on his face
john barnes, roy keane, souness etc
only one that I can recall doing well was Dalgleish - but he had some team around him at that stage.
so hopefully lenon and mcgrain do well, but the odds and history would be against them.

knowing what it means to play for celtic is great , but it doesnt win games - however far you stick your chest out !

T Fearon

But they have had a few years experience managing the reserves. As an interim appointment I don't see any other logical or realistic choice. No point in bringing Mark Hughes etc in for a couple of months and wasting big money

Doogie Browser

Lynchboy, did you want the previous regime to remain as every suggestion to date you have replied negatively?  To be honest, a teenage boy playing Championship Manager on his playstation would prob have done a better job than Mowbray these past few weeks.

sammymaguire

Quote from: charlieTully on March 25, 2010, 12:10:58 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on March 25, 2010, 11:38:22 AM
Scottish football is just pure pish lads almost on par with League of Ireland.

f**k off back to the horses sammy and never worry yourself about scottish football. T.M should do the decent thing and resign, this is the worst result since barns and the caley result.

ah now charlie, that comment of mine hardly deserved that type of response, the football in Scotland is bad though and the Big Two are in a pure mess 
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0325/celtic_mowbrayt.html
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on March 25, 2010, 03:28:07 PM
Big Billy is way too old and too long out of the managerial chair, nearly 20 years. He'd have no time for modern day prima donnas

Mc Grain and Lennon did all right with the reserves, winning trophies, they know the club and the pressures so its a sensible short term arrangement, and surely they can lift the Scottish Cup.

Just hope they revert to using the most experienced players available, and play a team that consists of four recognised defenders, 2 or 3 midfielders, 2 or 3 forwards, and of course a goalkeeper ;D
Billy is exactly what Celtic need - if he was up to it these days ! At least temp !

what you say about lennon and mcgrain still means they have no exp - and the players will not respect them for reserve team exp either (esp the modern day players there who dont know much about Celtic form before 3 years ago).
Knowing the club could be counter productive as the club know them and if the players see these two guys as 'nobodies' then its not going to help.

Hopefully they will shake themselves after the poor season they have had, the inj players will get back to strengthen the side and they start digging out performances with more heart and effort. These players now have no excuse - not the excuse of a 'poor' manager etc.

A cup win is the least they need to deliver...then again its all they can deliver.

Look forward to leadership from hoiveld from centre half, and rasmussen from centre forward !

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 25, 2010, 03:46:11 PM
Lynchboy, did you want the previous regime to remain as every suggestion to date you have replied negatively?  To be honest, a teenage boy playing Championship Manager on his playstation would prob have done a better job than Mowbray these past few weeks.
not sure if I completely understand the question
but I would have wanted mowbray to stay until the end of the season.
the negativity picked up by players when a manager goes , is the same as when a department in a company is managerless - the employees usually get lazy and dont work as hard for their wage and couldnt give a toss about output and productivity while the 'cats away'.
Players are no different. they will be too busy thinking about themselves and about their contract, where they will be next season if its a new manager and the money aspects - to really care if their club and employer win the last few league games and possibly the cup.
It was the wrong thing to do imo. A silly knee jerk reaction.
I'd hope Leaders and pro's like Hoiveld and keane and rasmussen will rally the players with drive fired by shame.
I dont envy Lennon or mcgrains task.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Gonna change the poll so any suggestions for new manager for next season will be put up
Tbc....

illdecide

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 25, 2010, 03:36:17 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 25, 2010, 03:21:42 PM

almost any time a man is promoted to a managerial job with feck all exp - he falls flat on his face
john barnes, roy keane, souness etc
only one that I can recall doing well was Dalgleish - but he had some team around him at that stage.
so hopefully lenon and mcgrain do well, but the odds and history would be against them.

knowing what it means to play for celtic is great , but it doesnt win games - however far you stick your chest out !

you know what i mean and it's not stick the chest out and that wins you the match, i meant it that you had your chest out with pride when wearing the jersey. As someone else commented that the players there couldn't give a toss and have no pride in the jersey at all they're just there to earn a quick buck and use Celtic as a stepping stone to another club
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Doogie Browser

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 25, 2010, 04:21:01 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 25, 2010, 03:46:11 PM
not sure if I completely understand the question
but I would have wanted mowbray to stay until the end of the season.
the negativity picked up by players when a manager goes , is the same as when a department in a company is managerless - the employees usually get lazy and dont work as hard for their wage and couldnt give a toss about output and productivity while the 'cats away'.
Players are no different. they will be too busy thinking about themselves and about their contract, where they will be next season if its a new manager and the money aspects - to really care if their club and employer win the last few league games and possibly the cup.
It was the wrong thing to do imo. A silly knee jerk reaction.
I'd hope Leaders and pro's like Hoiveld and keane and rasmussen will rally the players with drive fired by shame.
I dont envy Lennon or mcgrains task.
I think you got the gist of my question from your reply.  I just think there was no choice.
Last night was surely his nadir much like ICT for Barnes?  The club IMO made the right decision, it will galvanise the players now as they will not be without criticism either.  For them to continue with him after last night would have been an insult to the fans.  Don't see much support for him on any of the forums either to be honest.  All the usual patronising 'nice guy' rubbish, but as has been proven 'nice guys finish 2nd'
I do agree Keane has become their most important player now until end of the season, his great experience will be much needed.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 25, 2010, 04:29:45 PM
I think you got the gist of my question from your reply.  I just think there was no choice.
Last night was surely his nadir much like ICT for Barnes?  The club IMO made the right decision, it will galvanise the players now as they will not be without criticism either.  For them to continue with him after last night would have been an insult to the fans.  Don't see much support for him on any of the forums either to be honest.  All the usual patronising 'nice guy' rubbish, but as has been proven 'nice guys finish 2nd'
I do agree Keane has become their most important player now until end of the season, his great experience will be much needed.
I hope that is true, but the modern day soccer player doesnt seem to give that much of a f**k.

Keane is important, but imo hes a bit wishy washy and the harder leaders and MEN the likes of Hoiveld, loovens will be needed to drive them on, Keane will also play a part, but hes not really a leader imo.

Celt_Man

GDA, I can't believe you haven't put Steve Staunton name up there for next year....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010