Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Despite my continued reservations about the manager I have a strong feeling Celtic will win this game 1 nil with Robbie Keane to score the goal, and will be investing in this supposition

OverTheBlackSpot

Does Scotland still have that U-21 rule for players on the bench ?

Doogie Browser

Would love Keano to score the winner on Sunday, Celtic are a very attractive 2/1 for the match.

T Fearon

Even though I expect them to win on Sunday,(as I feel the professional pride of the players will surely on this occasion override the manager's tactical shortcomings), 2/1 is hardly an attractive price for a team that thus far this season:

1.Occasionally dominates the opposition and doesn't put them away
2.Throws away leads carelessly
3. Has a sieve like defence.
4.Simply cannot grind out results on a consistent basis (the hallmark of a championship winning team).

You certainly wouldn't put your mortgage on them against anyone at the moment, never mind Rangers at Ibrox

Doogie Browser

Tony you would know more about the heal of a loaf!  You would need to go back a long time to get Celtic 2/1 in an Old Firm match.  Both teams are normally 5/4 or thereabouts.  Your 'support' for the team will be much appreciated.

T Fearon

Cobblers! And its the "heel" of a loaf by the way (I obviously know more than you about football and bakery products!).

The home team in an old firm game is normally the slight favourites, but you'd easily get 2/1 on the visitors, if there is a glaring gap in the respective current form, and points tally of both clubs, as is the case at present.

I will most certainly be supporting Celtic, as always, and if they win and produce a convincing performance on Sunday I will revise my opinion of the manager. Apart from tactical shortcomings, I also worry about Celtic's influx of foreigners and the fact that for many in the hoops its their first experience of an Old Firm game. Another disadvantage affecting the betting prices I would suggest

Doogie Browser

Tony your football predicting track record suggests you would be better sticking to bakery products then and I am quite happy to bow to your superior knowledge on all things food  :P

T Fearon

Check out who's sitting at number 5 currently, in the Soccer Republic website's prediction league.

PS Thats 5th out of over 300 competitors by the way ;)

Club Rossa

Sky Sports reporting that Keane is a major doubt for Sunday's game :(

under the bar

QuoteSky Sports reporting that Keane is a major doubt for Sunday's game :(

Hardly surprising given Fearon's prediction. He has the midas touch in reverse where everything associated with him turns to sh*te.  Spurs/Armagh/Celtic etc.

Even Dubai and the Burj Al Arab has gone into financial meltdown following a visit from him.  Nowhere or nothing is safe.  Avoid all contact!

Club Rossa

I know what you mean.Sure when Mark Sidebottom interviewed him before the 03 all ireland final,Tony confidently stated that since Armagh bt Kerry in the 02 final,they would have no bother dealing with a wee team like Tyrone.He finished off by saying that Sam would never be in the Moy :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Farsley Celtic won.
Stalybridge Celtic won.
Ireland beat the English in the oppressors sport.

Here's hoping for a Celtic win tomorrow to continue the run.  ;D
Tbc....

OverTheBlackSpot

I having a clue whos going to win tomorrow, we all know Celtic play the better football but for years the hoops have played Smiths huns off the park and came away with nothing ! One thing is for sure, the hoops have got to win to have any hope of the league flag at Parkhead next season.

maco

Lads - do any of you know an approximate value of a framed 1967 replica jersey which has been signed by the 8 surviving members of the European Cup winning team? (certificate to prove authenticity of sgnatures included).

T Fearon

Its available in all Celtic stores for £250 to £300 approx. Is yours from the Celtic Shop and are you selling it?