?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

reddgnhand

Quote from: T Fearon on February 17, 2010, 12:12:18 PM
Steady on, Mowbray's Celtic have only played Rangers twice and manged to lose one and humiliate Rangers in the second one yet still only draw the game.

The only real humiliation Celtic suffered against Rangers in Strachan's time was the very first time he met them in 2005 and at the start of last season, through errors more than anything else.

There was also the two back to back victories over Rangers in the must win games in the Spring of 2008 and last year's New Year's win at Ibrox and the CIS Cup Final. Strachan more tha held his own against Rangers, during the reign of Mc Leish, Le Guen and Smith. Funny the amount of players willing to joi him at Middlesbro if there was such dissention in the dressing room

I don't think Mowbray could win the SPL with the current Man Utd squad at his disposal. He is tactically naive, unable to motivate and inspire and is thoroughly lightweight in terms of football management overall. As I've said before he is ideally suited to the likes of WBA, Hibs etc but way out of his depth wth a big club with huge expectations

I don't expect Celtic to beat Dundee Utd this Saturday or Rangers the following week and I fear we'll leave Ibrox with our tails between our legs amid the Huns title winning celebrations.

However all this would be worth enduring if its brings the curtain down on the reign of Celtic's worst manager since Barnes.

Did the referee's decisions have any bearing on these games? You must have been watching your other team those days.
Who made the errors that you speak of?

rossie mad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 18, 2010, 09:39:04 AM
Quote from: rossie mad on February 17, 2010, 10:09:29 PM

If you read hartsons article probably you might actually realise that most of what he said is actually what the mowbrary camp is saying on here you pleb.

Just because you think the two lines you might agree with sums up the whole article just about confirms your lack of intelligence.

Caldwell and mcmanus were in the squad up to january and most of the results he included were pre january so not only does he contradict himself the fact that caldwell and mcmanus were at the club for 85% of the season so far doesnt make much sense in what he says.

But i wouldnt expect a simpleton like you to understand that.
no doubt our uninformed 'friend' will retort with a personal attack on you now since you have also pointed out the fatal flaws in his 'argument' !  :D

I think many on this thread indicated a long time ago that this little chappies opinions were 'interesting' at best and otherwise way off the mark ! - so any insults from him(her?) I wouldnt be too worried about ! ;)

Im quaking in my boots alrite. :P

Back to more pressing matters and the fact that the celts have to very important games coming up against dundee utd and rangers.

Dundee utd will be looking to get to third so will be up for it and st johnstones hammering of the hibees last night will have done their cause the world of good.I see sheridan scored in that game too.
I would expect a win with a clean sheet and a good performance before the rangers game.
Rangers are away to st johnstone and i dont expect them to drop points there but you never know.

Hopefully all the bhoys will get behind their side for the game whatever their opinions on the manager.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 18, 2010, 09:39:04 AM
Quote from: rossie mad on February 17, 2010, 10:09:29 PM

If you read hartsons article probably you might actually realise that most of what he said is actually what the mowbrary camp is saying on here you pleb.

Just because you think the two lines you might agree with sums up the whole article just about confirms your lack of intelligence.

Caldwell and mcmanus were in the squad up to january and most of the results he included were pre january so not only does he contradict himself the fact that caldwell and mcmanus were at the club for 85% of the season so far doesnt make much sense in what he says.

But i wouldnt expect a simpleton like you to understand that.
no doubt our uninformed 'friend' will retort with a personal attack on you now since you have also pointed out the fatal flaws in his 'argument' !  :D

I think many on this thread indicated a long time ago that this little chappies opinions were 'interesting' at best and otherwise way off the mark ! - so any insults from him(her?) I wouldnt be too worried about ! ;)
Think you'll find it was Johnny Hartson who pointed out the flaws in your argument, kiddo. International footballer who has worked with 'Mogga' versus GAA fan who played in his school football team. Tough call.  :)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on February 16, 2010, 10:42:16 PM
Your team won by a goal and 3 points at the weekend, didn't they? There's a huge difference between gaelic football and 'soccer'. One day you'll realise that.  ;)
when John Hartson quotes that at me I will respond to it, as it is just you
i'll reply and try not to laugh too much!
Bbj isn't exactly against mowbray, re read the article! He's just being
realistic!

Btw 'Mogga' is what we called him when he played for Celtic in the early
90's - but only Celtic fans would know that!

When are your holidays over ?!!

;)

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 18, 2010, 09:31:01 PM
Your team won by a goal and 3 points at the weekend, didn't they? There's a huge difference between gaelic football and 'soccer'. One day you'll realise that.  ;)
realistic!

;)
He says Celtic aren't good enough to overhaul Rangers, that they leak goals because Mowbray has done nothing for the team defensively since his arrival. He makes the point that Mowbray had the same problem at his previous club - and he should know, he played for him. That's not realism, my young friend, that's criticism. And these are the same points some of us have been making since Mowbray was appointed. You on the other hand have rambled on - and you do ramble on and on - about the improvements he has made since taking over from Strachan! 4 -4 was probably a common enough score when you played at school, but it's a poor result for a top class professional team. Keep taking your points!  ;)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Myles Na G. on February 18, 2010, 10:07:53 PM
realistic!

;)
He says Celtic aren't good enough to overhaul Rangers, that they leak goals because Mowbray has done nothing for the team defensively since his arrival. He makes the point that Mowbray had the same problem at his previous club - and he should know, he played for him. That's not realism, my young friend, that's criticism. And these are the same points some of us have been making since Mowbray was appointed. You on the other hand have rambled on - and you do ramble on and on - about the improvements he has made since taking over from Strachan! 4 -4 was probably a common enough score when you played at school, but it's a poor result for a top class professional team. Keep taking your points!  ;)

Myles out of curiousity, have you ever had a good/positive/intelligent thing to say about the Celts?

Tbc....

lynchbhoy

realistic!

;)
so you say that Mowbray has done nothing for the team defensively?
the same team that leaked goals last season also?
WBA - the same team tht BBJ couldnt get a game - so maybe he has a bit of a gripe against mowbray too as Mogga did say that BBJ was just too unfit to play. Thats realistic.
I agree with most of what BBJ says however. I dont agre that Celtic are not good enough to win the league, they have just allowed too many points between themselves and rangers to be able to make a come back - thats realisitc.
That Celtic have been far better v rangers this season than prev seasons is realistic. But mowbray is not doing well so far - thats realistic - but like strachan last season , and they will be on a par if mogga's Celtic dont win the league this year !
See you can reply back without resorting to personal insult if you try - pity its still just an ineffectual argument !
I like your attempts at paraphrasing BBJ - it almost works ! :D

this will stand you in good stead for the upcoming exams no doubt !
;)

GDA - sure dont you remember that last season myley was saying much the same thing - just replace Mowbrays name with strachans !
Never a Celtic fan - we all know that !

saffron sam2

realistic!

;)

And yet it's better than the 4-2 defeat Celtic suffered in the corresponding fixture last year.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 19, 2010, 02:32:43 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8524079.stm

Not great news for the Old Firm.

Bad news indeed.

Means that if we were to win the league somehow this year it becomes all the more important. In 2 years only the Champions through and with 3 qualifying rounds to go, it will be so much harder. Stop the Huns getting the CL money next year is a dream but we need to treat it as a must do.

Hail hail
Tbc....

Myles Na G.

'GDA - sure dont you remember that last season myley was saying much the same thing - just replace Mowbrays name with strachans !
Never a Celtic fan - we all know that !' LB

'I'm a big fan of MON and what he achieved at CP, but Strach's record betters him. He took over an ageing squad and turned it into a championship winning side. He took the Hoops into the latter stages of European competition, where MON couldn't manage it, despite his big money signings. Give the wee man a break. ' Myles, 29th January 2009

Try and get something right, kiddo. Just occasionally would be nice.

red hander

600 posts, eh ... everyone of them total shite, kiddo

Myles Na G.

Quote from: red hander on February 19, 2010, 05:59:07 PM
You've read them all? Weirdo.  :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Myles Na G. on February 19, 2010, 09:37:16 PM

Nah Myles read anyone of your posts on this thread and anyone would come to the same conclusion.  ;) ;D
Tbc....

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 19, 2010, 10:07:07 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on February 19, 2010, 09:37:16 PM

Nah Myles read anyone of your posts on this thread and anyone would come to the same conclusion.  ;) ;D
'Tony Mowbray - creator of the huddle'
Don't even need to read one of your posts to understand the level you work on. He created the huddle, therefore he's the right choice of manager for Celtic. Why not have Gerry and the Pacemakers playing at the back? They do a lovely version of YNWA. Is there nothing happening on the GAA front that would keep some of you boys occupied?