?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

longrunsthefox

Quote from: OverTheBlackSpot on January 25, 2010, 06:51:41 PM
Whats going on at parkhead ? From what I've seen of Fox he looks a good player.

Gee! shucks, thanks OTBS... I do my best  :)

rossie mad

I see strachan is in for mcmanus now and keane wants naylor at ipswich.
with fox seemingly heading south it looks like mowbray is having a big clearout to raise finaces maybe for a couple of big signings in the summer.

Probably was told by the board he will get a sizable transfer kitty in the summer if he keeps the wage bill down between now and then.

i would hope he would sign a left back before the end of the window as only milan and o dea can play in that postion and both inexperienced.

I see rasmussen has signed as well so hopefully a bit of a presence up front.

On the match thought celtic would probably have sneaked it even if it was 11 a piece on the pitch.
Thought samaras was an absolute nightmare and id ship him out asap as he delivers nothing.
He missed a serious amount of decent chances and kept on yapping to the ref and players around him.
Thought mccourt did very well when he came on and thought fortune took his goals well especially the first.He has some power in that peg of his.

Crosas did well as did mcgeady but he could have had more composure.

Hibs tomorrow will be very tough and it would be a very good result if the bhoys win given their current form.
Hibs wont have any fears coming to paradise and i wouldnt be suprised to see a high scoring draw.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Would like to see Mick McManus go on loan to Middlesborough Celtic and see if 6 months in the Championship can bring him back to his best.
Naylor no real loss, Fox is a strange one unless TM has someone already lined up to replace him.
Am hearing reports of offers for Kevin Kilbane, Marc Wilson and Jose Goncalves, also St Ledger still in the running!
Tbc....

T Fearon

Have it on very good authority that Marc Wilson will be a Celtic player before the end of the week.

rossie mad

Would like to see wilson and st ledger signed.Hopefully would shore up a leaky defence.
Also agree with GDA that the loaning out of mcmanus might help get his confidence back as i dont think he is that bad.

Also see some young french midfielder reckons he has been approached by celtic.
With all these young lads being signed mowbrary must fancy himself to be a bit of a wenger :P

Main Street

Rumours of Crosas returning to La Liga with Malaga.

lynchbhoy

rumours abound that Charlie mulgrew to return to Celtic - a v good left back !
Would like to see him return !

T Fearon

Isn't he a bit old? After all he won an U21 Medal with Donegal back in 1982 :P

Rav67

Quote from: rossie mad on January 20, 2010, 05:51:58 PM

I am firmly of the belief if the powers that be in scottish fooball want to improve its fare then they have to forget the old firm and concentrate on the other major clubs in its cities eg dundee,aberdeen,edinburgh.

The old firm are well able to look after themselves.
Either turf them off to the EPL which i believe will happen in the next 5 to ten years or else give the other ten clubs in the league as well as the lower divisions a bigger investment over a five year period so that they can at least try to challenge for a top spot otherwise the league as it is now will be a massive joke in five years time.

SPL gets a lot of stick but show me the leagues which are better from a country of 5million..

lfdown2

Quote from: OverTheBlackSpot on January 25, 2010, 06:51:41 PM
Whats going on at parkhead ? From what I've seen of Fox he looks a good player.

got a text last week that fox would be leaving, supposedly the woman isnt happy in Glasgow

bingobus

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 26, 2010, 11:27:39 AM
Would like to see Mick McManus go on loan to Middlesborough Celtic and see if 6 months in the Championship can bring him back to his best.
Naylor no real loss, Fox is a strange one unless TM has someone already lined up to replace him.
Am hearing reports of offers for Kevin Kilbane, Marc Wilson and Jose Goncalves, also St Ledger still in the running!

Are Celtic trying to form the first United ireland team?  ;D

red hander

Quote from: bingobus on January 26, 2010, 02:31:25 PM

Kilbane's done, has been for two years ... has a big heart but is very average now

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: bingobus on January 26, 2010, 02:31:25 PM

O'Dea, McGeady, McGinn, McCourt, young Danny Lafferty and Sheridan as well!
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Rasmussen in squad for Hibs clashNew Celtic signing Morten Rasmussen will go straight into the squad for the Scottish Premier League clash with Hibernian at Parkhead.

The Denmark striker, 24, has completed his move from Brondby on a three-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Defender Jos Hooiveld, signed earlier in the month from AIK Stockholm, also has a chance of making his debut while midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng and left-back Lee Naylor are back in contention after recovering from respective ankle and calf injuries.

Celtic (from): Boruc, Hinkel, McCourt, Naylor, Rasmussen, Hooiveld, Loovens, Ki, Caddis, O'Dea, Thompson, McGinn, Crosas, Zhi, McGowan, McGeady, Samaras, Fortune, Zaluska, Mizuno, Forrest, Lafferty.

This Hibs match is going to be a vital one to get three points from, on Polsat can't wait.
Tbc....

the colonel

From skysports- Mowbray talks about Fox and McManus

Celtic boss Tony Mowbray admits he could reluctantly let defensive duo Danny Fox and Stephen McManus leave the club.

Left-back Fox, who only joined the club from Coventry last summer, is a target for new Burnley boss Brian Laws while McManus is believed to be on Middlesbrough's radar.

Despite paying £1.5million for Fox's services upon taking over as Parkhead boss, Mowbray sees the 23-year-old as an asset he could sell to fund further fresh faces at the club.

"An opportunity has arisen for Danny," said the former Hibernian and West Brom boss.

"I get on very well with Brian Laws, I played with him at Middlesbrough many years ago, we had a conversation and I put the opportunity to Danny.

"It allows me a bit of flexibility in this window to move things around.

"But what I will say about Danny Fox, if nothing happens at Burnley for Danny then there is every chance that as soon as he is fit and available - he's a week or so away now - he will be featuring at left-back in the next game because he is a quality footballer."

Asked if he considered Fox's short time at Celtic to have been a success, Mowbray replied: "I think so. He's a player of high quality but I have to make decisions.

Options
"I have Paul Caddis, Lee Naylor, Darren O'Dea and Mark Wilson, who has played Champions League football at left-back. So there's four players who can play left-back."

He added: "It's about flexibility for me and trying to prioritise the squad."

Club captain McManus, who has been at the club since he was a youth, was a favourite under old boss Gordon Strachan, now manager of Middlesbrough.

But the 27-year-old has failed to keep his place in the side under Mowbray this term, prompting interest from the Riverside, where Strachan has already taken three former Bhoys in Willo Flood, Chris Killen and Barry Robson.

However, Mowbray insists he rates McManus highly as both a player and a professional, but will not stand in the way of a move if the right deal becomes available.

"I am not resigned to losing Stephen," he said. "I think it is an opportunity for him.

"I will put on record what a fantastic man he is and what a fantastic player he has been for this club and if this deal doesn't happen he will be back on the training ground and striving to get himself in the team.

"He is a great leader of men and they are in shortage but this is an opportunity for him and something that he is exploring and we will wait and see what develops.

Signings
"I have just brought in two young centre-halves recently (Josh Thompson and Thomas Rogne), I have brought in Jos Hooiveld, who is left-footed, and I have Darren O'Dea back from Reading.

"If he goes, I'm sure he will do very well. If he doesn't go, as I said, he will be competing to be in the team and I wouldn't put it past Stephen to see him at the heart of our defence for the rest of the season."

Celtic confirmed the signing of Danish international striker Morten Rasmussen on Tuesday and Mowbray admits he could be thrown straight in at the deep end as the Bhoys prepare to host Hibs on Wednesday.

"There's a fair chance Morten will be in the squad of 18 and a fair chance he will be on the pitch," he said. "I am delighted that we could add to the options up front.

"He's a different type of striker to the ones that we have got. Hopefully, given the opportunity, he can score goals which will obviously help the team."
the difference between success and failure is energy