Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Wasn't Gary G also renowned for his prophetic hit tune "Doing Alright With the Boys"

bennydorano

Not impressed with the departure of Robson at all.

Club Rossa

I agree,think we should have kept Robson.

trileacman

+1. Robson was good. Dont mind the departure of caldwell.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

illdecide

I dunno lads...he wasn't bad (better than some we have) but for skill he was limited enough but had plenty of heart but not in McStay/Collins/Lubo bracket. I agree the rest of them baloons are better off away from Celtic and maybe Mugga can now bring in another few decent lads with a better skill level than the ones that left
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

trileacman

Quote from: illdecide on January 13, 2010, 08:44:45 PM
I dunno lads...he wasn't bad (better than some we have) but for skill he was limited enough but had plenty of heart but not in McStay/Collins/Lubo bracket. I agree the rest of them baloons are better off away from Celtic and maybe Mugga can now bring in another few decent lads with a better skill level than the ones that left

That was the point. We're not talking long term here but he would have tided us over (hopefully) in the transistion.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

charlieTully

Quote from: trileacman on January 13, 2010, 11:54:43 PM
Quote from: illdecide on January 13, 2010, 08:44:45 PM

That was the point. We're not talking long term here but he would have tided us over (hopefully) in the transistion.

sorry to see him go, as for caldwell good ridance.

rossie mad

i hear from a reliable source that st ledger is looking more likely to sign by the weekend.not a bad acquisition in my eyes.
also some swedish full back seemingly being signed on a free.

jesus if some of these defenders the bhoys are signing are some ways decent there might have a chance of making up some lost ground in the league.lost some crucial points this season due to some dodgy defending.dundee utd game jumps straight to mind.

would love to see three more signings.preferably two midfielders and an out and out centre forward along the lines of zamora or andy johnson.
what about sandaza from dundee utd?
he seems a decent player and trys hard for the arabs might improve his goalscoring record if he came to paradise or am i too optimistic.

Club Rossa

Would love to see a striker that can put away his chances.Samaras and Fortune get into great scoring positions but aren't clinical enough.
For the amount of chances they create Celtic should have scored twice as many goals.The recent games with Hearts and Rangers showed that.

JohnDenver

Would be good to see McGinn get an extended run in the team now with Robson moving.  He could become a regular if given the chance.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Rossie no more midfielders!!!
We need another CB and a decent forward, that should win us the title (Caldwell going has probably saved 5-7 points) and then more changes in the summer.
Tbc....

saffron sam2

Quote from: SambaSaffron on January 11, 2010, 07:29:04 PM
Any word on the alleged Old Firm rapist in yesterdays Daily Mail?

Old Firm player Allan McGregor if this is to be believed.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15012010/58/spl-mcgregor-denies-sex-assault-claim.html

SPL - McGregor denies sex assault claim
PA Sport - Fri, 15 Jan 07:45:00 2010

Police are investigating allegations that Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor sexually assaulted a young woman.

McGregor has not been arrested and in reports denied the claim as a "vile lie".

The 27-year-old, who has also played for Scotland, has been involved with Rangers for 11 years.

Strathclyde Police said officers were probing the claim.

A police spokesman said: "We can confirm we have received a complaint which is being investigated."

PA Sport
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Club Rossa

Obviously we don't know if there's any truth to it but can you imagine the outcry if it was a Celtic player,or am i just being paranoid? ;)

lynchbhoy

whatever about the allegation on mcgregor - false or true

I just dont like that the paper reported it as a sports player rapist, let alone an 'old firm' rapist

but I suppose that helps sell papers - I find it disgusting though.

it has nothing to do with sport

T Fearon

Another shite performance and another two points dropped that will probably hand the title to Rangers. A lot of you wanted Caldwell out and O Dea back, well I hope you are happy as he gave away the goal to-day. Did Caldwell play for Wigan in their 2-0 win at Wolves?As for Mowbray, surely he must go now and Lambert recruited next week. What a turn roud he has brought about at Norwich. They were beaten 7 0 at home to Colchester (Lambert was in charge of Colchester at the time) in the opening game of the season. In the reverse fixture to-day Norwich won 5-0. He has shown that he can direct a team that socres plenty and concedes few.