62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Evil Genius

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 07, 2010, 09:22:10 AM
Insert Quote
Quote from: Evil Genius on January 06, 2010, 09:38:45 PM
I repeat, why did you assume that I would have been "proud" of a (terrible) tackle by Lafferty in an OF match?

Because yourself and young Kyle have loads in common. Both of you are products of the Fermanagh and Western and have moved on to bigger and better things (marginally so in Lafferty's case), whilst not forgetting where you're from. Lafferty's tackle is one that, in my experience, any Fermanagh and Western player would have been proud of.

Frankly, as an exercise in defending the indefensible, that effort has all the credibility/desperation of a DUP Press Conference on Marriage Guidance.
Both "products" of the F&W, is it? How come you don't lump me in with eg Andy Little, Shane McCabe or (to get to my own era) Jimmy Cleary?
And going on to "bigger and better things"? What is that supposed to mean? That, like Lafferty, I bought my first Bentley at the age of 20 (to park outside my £1m+ City penthouse)?
As for "forgetting where we're from", I would hope that I have never forgotten my roots. However, the problem with Lafferty, which I have alluded to on this Board and elsewhere, is exactly that he has forgotten where he came from...
So in the absence of any actual evidence, I'd be obliged if you didn't lump me in with an (apparently) juvenile idiot, who has let a smidgen of early success go to his head...
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/141724-rangers-stars-in-dressing-room-war-of-words/
As for "any F&W player" being "proud" of Laff's tackle, you're not even kidding yourself, never mind me or anyone
else, when you try to claim ex post facto that that was what prompted you to link me with this incident...

P.S. If you knew anything about my links with the F&W, you'd also know that as a former Lisnarick Utd man, I wouldn't p1ss on an NFC Kesh boy like Lafferty...

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 07, 2010, 09:22:10 AM
Quote from: Evil Genius on January 06, 2010, 09:38:45 PM
Is it because I am a "Prod/NI fan/bigot" etc, so am sure to love it when another "Prod/NI player/bigot" etc nearly cripples one of them "Celtic/Fenian/Taig bas tards" at Parkhead?

If so, you couldn't be more wrong and unless you can come up with some other plausible explanation for your outburst, then that comment says everything* about you, and sod-all about me.

* - In case you still don't get it, try Googling the word "Prejudice"; you know, pre-judging   and all that... ::)

Whilst I am googling "Prejudice", you could also google the word "Paranoia". There are several other "Prods/NI fans" (sic) who post on this site and many other "Prod/NI players" (sic) who I have commented on in the past (and will do so in the future). Yet your paranoid theory would only stand up if I was denouncing each and every one as a bigot. I don't and won't. Had I said "all owc posters who post on the gaaboard would be proud" then you may have had a point. You don't and never will.

My opinion of you is based solely on what you post here and on owc.
Don't try to deflect away from the subject, or claim that just because you didn't smear others, then somehow your attempt to smear me is somehow nullified or excused.
Neither should you try to pin the blame on my "paranoias". The simple fact is, you made an insulting personal remark about me, apparently motivated by your (prejudicial) impressionof me. Moreover, when challenged about this, you have been entirely unable to give a credible alternative explanation for your slur.
As for  your forming your impression "solely on what I post on here and on owc", that is possibly the most pathetic "defence" of the lot.
For insofar as I have (very infrequently) posted on OF matters on this Board, my last contribution on this thread was to post my admirtation for Niall mcGinn.
And as someone who lurks on owc, then you must know that if anything, I have only disdain for both OF clubs generally, and for the increasingly embarrassing antics of Lafferty specifically.

P.S. Whilst we're on the subject of personal assessments, I can only judge you by what you post here. In which case, if your intervention against me on this thread is anything to go by, you are cheap, pathetic, evasive and prejudiced. Congratulations.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Main Street

;D

Do this thread some respect and fcuk off.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 07, 2010, 11:51:55 AM
Frankly, as an exercise in defending the indefensible, that effort has all the credibility/desperation of a DUP Press Conference on Marriage Guidance.

"Defending the indefensibly", I fear you are losing the run of yourself. By the way, your analogy, though topical, is not in any way humorous.

Both "products" of the F&W, is it? How come you don't lump me in with eg Andy Little, Shane McCabe or (to get to my own era) Jimmy Cleary?

Are you not both products of the F&W? I will most assuredly lump you in with any of those examples you have given, although your reference to Andy Little is the only one I can find on the board. Shane McCabe's achievements to date are barely worthy of mention. But when Jimmy Cleary comes up I'll certainly mention your pride in your former club mate.

And going on to "bigger and better things"? What is that supposed to mean? That, like Lafferty, I bought my first Bentley at the age of 20 (to park outside my £1m+ City penthouse)?

It's supposed to mean that by leaving the water-logged, bog-ridden hellhole, Fermanagh, you have moved on to bigger and better things. You, Kyle Lafferty, FermGael, everyone else from Fermanagh who left that place. Hope this is specific, though at the same time all-encompassing, enough for you.

As for "forgetting where we're from", I would hope that I have never forgotten my roots. However, the problem with Lafferty, which I have alluded to on this Board and elsewhere, is exactly that he has forgotten where he came from.

Had you read my post, you would have seen that I remarked upon how you hadn't forgotten where you came from. Nor, for that matter, do I believe Kyle Lafferty has forgotten his Erne roots. It's more likely that he is simply a youngster who has let a smidgen of early success go to his head.

As for "any F&W player" being "proud" of Laff's tackle, you're not even kidding yourself, never mind me or anyone else, when you try to claim ex post facto that that was what prompted you to link me with this incident...

Such a tackle is one that you see week-in, week-out in all the Junior soccer leagues under the jurisdiction of the IFA, including the F&W. I've seen plenty of gulpins boasting away about such tackles in the safety of the pub after a game.

Your use of Latin, whilst impressive, is inappropriate in this case.

P.S. If you knew anything about my links with the F&W, you'd also know that as a former Lisnarick Utd man, I wouldn't p1ss on an NFC Kesh boy like Lafferty...

I knew not of your playing career at Lisnarick, since you've only ever mentioned an affiliation to Enniskillen Rangers. However I would differ from you on this point. I would wish anyone well if they have the opportunity to play any sport professionally, regardless of whether or not they played for Kesh. That has included in the past, although the post has now gone, one Kyle Lafferty.

Don't try to deflect away from the subject, or claim that just because you didn't smear others, then somehow your attempt to smear me is somehow nullified or excused.

You brought in the "Is it because I is a Prod?" theory, hence I am not deflecting anything. I am simply comprehensively debunking your attempts to sectarianise the debate by playing the oppressed Prod (sic) card.

Neither should you try to pin the blame on my "paranoias". The simple fact is, you made an insulting personal remark about me, apparently motivated by your (prejudicial) impressionof me.

You ask me to look up prejudice, yet it is you who appears not to understand what it might mean. I can either have a prejudged opinion of you, in which case, I would have the same opinion of all other owc posters or an opinion that I have formed from reading your contributions on this and another website. You are also easily insulted by the way. Hopefully, you're not fat or bald.

As for  your forming your impression "solely on what I post on here and on owc", that is possibly the most pathetic "defence" of the lot.

And yet, 'tis the one you end your own post with.

For insofar as I have (very infrequently) posted on OF matters on this Board, my last contribution on this thread was to post my admirtation for Niall mcGinn.

An interesting, if totally, irrelevant aside. One could almost mention the word "whataboutery"

And as someone who lurks on owc, then you must know that if anything, I have only disdain for both OF clubs generally, and for the increasingly embarrassing antics of Lafferty specifically.

Haven't really lurked that much since it became pay-per-view, although Tubby Morton's history threads are good.

P.S. Whilst we're on the subject of personal assessments, I can only judge you by what you post here. In which case, if your intervention against me on this thread is anything to go by, you are cheap, pathetic, evasive and prejudiced. Congratulations.

Happy to be judged on what I post here, you couldn't form a non-prejudiced opinion otherwise. Thanks for the description; I was concerned we were getting on too well.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

the colonel

Serious hijacking of a thread there lads

Anyway, looks like Strachan is gonna do us a favour a take a good few of the players we won't be needing anymore. Wouldn't want to see Caldwell go though. Would rather get rid of McMaus.

Signings are a wee bit less clear. Mesenguez could be coming, we were linked to him at the start of the year. Used to be at WBA
the difference between success and failure is energy

T Fearon

The question is are the players being brought in really any better than those being let go. Caldwell, Mc Manus, Robson and all have experience of winning SPL titles, which is more than can be said for the likes of Kitson and former WBA rejects

Main Street

According to Sky Sports, Strachan (somewhat struck with the Keane transfer method syndrome)
is being linked to Caldwell, Flood, Wilson, Killen  and Robson.
Out of that bunch, I have warmed a bit to Robson, who I'd regard as a good all round midfielder to have in the squad.
I wonder what the odds are that some club will make an irresistible offer for McGeady

stiffler

Birmingham have made an approach for mc geady, rejected straight away
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on January 07, 2010, 09:23:18 PM
According to Sky Sports, Strachan (somewhat struck with the Keane transfer method syndrome)
is being linked to Caldwell, Flood, Wilson, Killen  and Robson.
Out of that bunch, I have warmed a bit to Robson, who I'd regard as a good all round midfielder to have in the squad.
I wonder what the odds are that some club will make an irresistible offer for McGeady
apart from robson, i'd be actually delighted at all of those going.
I'd also try to offload mccourt and mcginn who imo are never going to be good enough.

Tony - a lot of fellas have championship medals - it doesnt mean theyare any good.
Not sure if he has but the likes of henri camara has at least a cup winners medal and he is pure rubbish...
there are good players available without spending huge wads.
I'd take danny shittu over caldwell any day.
Sol campbell was doing nothing for ages- I am sure he coul dhave been convinced to take a huge wage cut to be in the shop window again and playing at least for half a season.
Also I reckon that clubs in financial trouble like portsmouth,west ham, watford etc would have a player or two that would augment the team/squad....

illdecide

I agree...Robson is the only one from them that i'd keep. Celtic badly need a good Centre half and an out and out Centre forward that can score...Jasus what you wouldn't give for another Larsson. I believe Mobray will do a job for Celtic and we will only be able to judge him this time next year, by then he'll have his own players in and using his own system.

Celtic's brand of football over the last 4-5 years has been terrible and gotten worse every year, thats not how we were always known to play as all Celtic teams played with a bit of flair but now you'd think we were watching Falkirk in green & white.

sign a few quality players, get rid of the dead wood and the other players we have will play their part. If we win the game in hand there is only 4pts in it and that only two matches so i'm by no means worried about Rangers holding onto the title.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Celtic Morton Scottish cup match called off tomorrow, Mortons pitch is still frozen!
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan has confirmed the club are in talks with Celtic about bringing players to Teesside, according to Boro's website.

But the ex-Celtic Park manager is not expecting any deals to be done in time for Saturday's match with Swansea.

Strachan has been linked with four of his former players - defender Gary Caldwell, midfielders Barry Robson and Willo Flood, and striker Chris Killen.

"We're trying hard to bring in people who can lead," said the Boro boss.

"I want to bring in leaders and men - that's hugely important now. I have to have people who I know, players I know who are men, who are leaders, and who know about playing at this level."

During his tenure at Celtic, Strachan signed Caldwell under freedom of contract from Hibernian in 2006, and New Zealand international Killen from the same side the following year.

Robson was captain of Dundee United when he moved to Celtic in January 2008, and fellow Tannadice midfielder Flood, on loan from Cardiff at the time, followed suit last January.

Tbc....

lynchbhoy

apparantly Celtic have agreed fees with boro over caldwell and robson
boro are looking for kileen and flood on loans

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Hopefully the first of 3 or 4 this January.

Celts sign Dutch stopper Hooiveld  

Celtic have completed the signing of Dutch defender Jos Hooiveld from AIK Stockholm for a fee of around £2m.

The centre-half, Sweden's player of the year in 2009, has signed a three-and-a-half year deal as manager Tony Mowbray seeks to reshape his defence.

The 26-year-old was part of the AIK team that recently won the double in Sweden and can also play in midfield.

Hooiveld has returned to Sweden and will be officially unveiled by Celtic later in the week.

The 6ft 3in defender tour the facilities at Celtic Park and the club's Lennoxtown training complex but it wasn't his first visit to Scotland.

While on trial at Livingston in 2005, he played a bounce game against St Johnstone but failed to impress.

Hooiveld only played at AIK for a season, and prior to that was at Inter Turku in Finland and Heerenveen in his native Netherlands.

His arrival makes the departure of Gary Caldwell all the more likely. Celtic have accepted a bid from Middlesbrough for the centre-half and midfielder Barry Robson, but the pair have yet to finalise the move.

The Championship side also want Chris Killen and Willo Flood on loan.

Tbc....

Main Street

Double Dutch should be an improvement on recent communication levels.

Strange that Celtic are making a lower to similar bid for St Ledger, who his agent claims is an established international :), than they had accepted for Hooiveld.
A bit ironic that St Ledger might be signed, seeing as he had a recent reputed bust up with Strachan which cost Middlesbrough a pretty penny to get out of a binding contract to sign him.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

If this guys interviews are anything to go by then class, Mjallby no. 2!  ;D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q-g...

"He was too fast, running all round the pitch – so I had to put the hand brake on him!"  :D

Tbc....