Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

barelegs

Regardless of leaving McGinn on the bench (I'm not sure what he has to do to start a game), how Mowbray can pick Samaras consistently ahead of Scot McDonald is beyond me. Samaras needs 4 or 5 good chances to grab a goal whereas McDonald just needs a sniff. I need to be convinced about Mowbray he's left a lot to be desired so far.

bennydorano

I wouldn't slate anyone after the game today, just one of those days where Celtic did everything right but couldn't score(enough).  16 goal attempts to 4, 8 on target, Rangers 1 on target :-X  Thought McGinn would have got 10 or 15 myself.  McCullough slipped Cauldwell for the goal, didn't think Cauldwell was too bad apart from that - and I think he's woeful generally.

tyroneman

That game encapsualtes the Celtic / Rangers story this past 2 seasons.

1. THE worst Rangers team in 5 decades (possibly ever) and yet 7 points ahead of Celtic
2. Celtic forwards woefully not up to the job
3. Celtic centre halves guaranteed to lose at least 1 soft goal
4. Substitutions made too late and too few
5. Hoofing it from the back does not work against Rangers
6. Celtic playes alughing, joking and cuddling the Rangers players after the game - grow a set and have some pride.

Poor, Poor, Poor.

longrunsthefox

The pick of them wouldn't beat  a mid table Premiership side. Bag o' shite

reddgnhand

Quote from: T Fearon on January 03, 2010, 02:51:51 PM
It was typical Mowbray, pleasing on the eye football without any cutting edge (as evidenced by the relatively few clear cut chances created from a wealth of possession), and unbelievably we still concede goals from set pieces, which never happened to any great extent under Strachan. We trail one of the worst Rangers teams of all time (who were missing players to-day due to the African Nations Cup) by 7 points, knocked out of the CIS Cup by Hearts and a shambolic Europa League campaign.

Whats this "we" business your a Spurs fan ye asshole.

maldini

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 03, 2010, 04:57:33 PM
The pick of them wouldn't beat  a mid table Premiership side. Bag o' shite

are birmingham city not 7th in the prem at the minute?
hardly world beaters

T Fearon

redggnhand, I am a Celtic fan, have the shares and thousands of pounds worth of merchandise to prove it. Saw my first live Celtic game in 1975, Dalglish, Mc Grain etc all playing. In the year 2009 I made no fewer than 11 trips to Celtic Park. How many times did you go, tosser!

reddgnhand

Quote from: T Fearon on January 03, 2010, 07:40:51 PM
redggnhand, I am a Celtic fan, have the shares and thousands of pounds worth of merchandise to prove it. Saw my first live Celtic game in 1975, Dalglish, Mc Grain etc all playing. In the year 2009 I made no fewer than 11 trips to Celtic Park. How many times did you go, t**ser!

I bet you have thousands of pounds worth of Spurs merchandise to prove you are a Spurs fan. Your a Spurs fan first and use Celtic to spout your sectarian and bigoted rubbish.   

T Fearon

T Fearon

Celtic to spout anything. Now tell me how often you travelled to Celtic Park in the last 12 months?

omagh_gael

Just seen the replay of he gers goal, who was on the front post???

reddgnhand

Quote from: T Fearon on January 03, 2010, 10:30:06 PM
Celtic to spout anything. Now tell me how often you travelled to Celtic Park in the last 12 months?

Sure there were Rangers fans travelling to Celtic Park today and like yourself they support another team. Do you have Chas and Dave amongst your Spurs merchandise. I dont care how many times you have been to Parkhead in the last 12 months your a Spurs fan first.   

Celt_Man

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 03, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
Just seen the replay of he gers goal, who was on the front post???
No one and that's the problem someone on the backpost only...

Terrible game, Celtic missed some amount of chances.. Samaras  especially and he seemed to take the wrong option in the last third of the field more often than not
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

GalwayBayBoy

Watched the game earlier. Celtic will be wondering how they never won that match at a canter. They had a perfectly good goal ruled out IMO. Lafftery should have got a straight red for his potential leg breaker of a tackle. Celtic hit the woodwork and missed an absolute hatful of chances. McGregor pulled off a Goram like wondersave.

Rangers have one chance the entire game from a corner and equalise almost immediately after going behind.

Reminded me of all those games under Tommy Burns in the 90's when Celtic would completely dominate old firm matches and let in a soft goal late in the game to lose.

Celt_Man

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 04, 2010, 01:01:00 AM
Watched the game earlier. Celtic will be wondering how they never won that match at a canter. They had a perfectly good goal ruled out IMO. Lafftery should have got a straight red for his potential leg breaker of a tackle. Celtic hit the woodwork and missed an absolute hatful of chances. McGregor pulled off a Goram like wondersave.

Rangers have one chance the entire game from a corner and equalise almost immediately after going behind.

Reminded me of all those games under Tommy Burns in the 90's when Celtic would completely dominate old firm matches and let in a soft goal late in the game to lose.

Didn't make that connection myself but obviously that what some of the boys in the pub were saying early on in the game
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010