?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on December 05, 2009, 12:45:04 PM
The only thing you know about Myles is how to wind people up and alienate people!
That would be giving Myles way too much credit.
Is he anything more than a deluded liar?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Time to whip the sheep shaggers arses!

[[size=9]HAIL HAIL[/size]
Tbc....

reddgnhand

Main Street

Following fast on the heels of Wed game, another vg performance from the midfield and the front 2. That's about Mowbray's best starting team and they are good to watch.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Delighted by the performance and result (could have been 7-8 nil, Aberdeen keeper played a blinder).
Another fantastic performance from young Aidaniho and have to say from most of the rest of the team as well. Celtic starting to look like the side of a couple of years ago (albeit this is being based on the last two matches  :)). Hopefully this takes a bit of the pressure off TM and is the start of the season proper. Btw great to get two clean sheets in a row!
Tbc....

Main Street

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on December 05, 2009, 01:16:48 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on December 05, 2009, 12:45:04 PM
The only thing you know about Myles is how to wind people up and alienate people!
That would be giving Myles way too much credit.
Is he anything more than a deluded liar?
absolutely not !!

looks like Celtic are starting to hit the form we know (those that watch Celtic and actually know a bit about sport and soccer!) they are capable of !
Now with a bit of composure, structure, best players starting and most importantly confidence restored - Celtic can build up a bit of a team ethic and push themselves on a winning streak that could set the foundation for winning the league.
Still need to buy a few players in crucial positions in Jan - centre half, scoring striker and while I dont think another midfielder is required - selling one and buying in a better one would be good.
Improving the team is necessary.
but a step in the right direction this past week, hope it continues !

Main Street

There is a young  S.Korean player coming in Jan.
I heard some positive talk about him and that he is one of the first names on their national team but he would probably need the rest of the season to adjust.
Robson has certainly stepped up and has enough ability and flexibility to be a good midfield back up in the squad.
You can clearly see the benefit of Mowbray playing a team on its way to being called settled.
Any new player coming in should have to compete to get a start in a team that is already functioning.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Mainstreet, he looks good alright.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/139914-celtics-korean-signing-wins-asias-young-player-of-the-year/

Celtic's Korean signing wins Asia's Young Player of the Year

Future Celtic player Ki Sung-Yong has been voted Young Player of the year in the Asian Football Federation Awards. The young Korean footballer, who will join Celtic in January after agreeing a pre-contract deal, is seen as one of the top talents to emerge from Asia.

The 20-year-old midfielder will join Tony Mowbray's team subject to securing a work permit. Reports in the Korean press suggest a deal worth around £2.4million.

Sung-Yong currently plays for Seoul in the K-League and before agreeing to come to Glasgow had been linked with a number of clubs including Manchester United and Portsmouth.

At the time, Sung-Yong said: "I am so happy to achieve my dream of playing in Europe.I want to go to Europe after Seoul get a good result in the Asian Champions League."

Celtic had wanted to move the transfer on in the summer but the Korean side refused because of their position in the Asian Champions League.

FC Seoulgeneral manager Han Woong-soo said: "In the beginning, there was talk of a transfer in August but it was pushed to January because of our team's circumstances.

"Now it's a win-win for both clubs."

Tbc....

Archie Mitchell

Robbie Keane linked again today. Could Celtic afford him? Maybe if Ireland were going to the World Cup, would have been a good move for him to be playing and scoring regularly.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 08, 2009, 11:28:38 AM
Robbie Keane linked again today. Could Celtic afford him? Maybe if Ireland were going to the World Cup, would have been a good move for him to be playing and scoring regularly.

Imo his wages would currently be double what Celtic's highest paid player was on at least!
Think it's only paper talk, could see Villa or Everton or Man City coming in for him alright, Feck he's made a fortune out of transfer fees!  :D
Tbc....

rossie mad

The only time i expect to see keane wearing a hooped jersey is when like his namesake he gets near the end of his career and goes for a year or two.

If the celts are paying 2.5 million for this korean cant see anyone else coming in unless we raise the cash from sales.
A couple of loanees maybe.

I was happy with saturday and if we get another few performances together like that we should be confident for the 3rd of january.

I was reading an article last week saying that when mowbray first started at hibs it took him a while to start to get them playing the way he wanted but when he did it was worth the wait.

They were very good as far as i remember and were very difficult to play against.
When he left for west brom i think he left the club not only in a good situation financially they had been in europe a couple of times and had a good young squad as well able to play football.

Any word on how o dea is geting on with reading?

Carmen Stateside

Celtic 1- Motherwell 1
half hour gone, brutal keeping from Boruc for M'wells goal.

Carmen Stateside

Motherwell 2- 1 Celtic
Brutal defending to allow Motherwell goal on the stroke of half time.  Tony Mowbary looks like he is chewing wasps!
Hinkel is dirt!

Carmen Stateside