Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

AFS

Scotland, with 3 Celtic men at the back, taking a tanking off Wales today.

Archie Mitchell

Make your mind up then Myles. It's either one or the other. Are you seriously trying to say that Kennedy was at fault for the challenge which ruined his career?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 14, 2009, 04:26:20 PM
Make your mind up then Myles. It's either one or the other. Are you seriously trying to say that Kennedy was at fault for the challenge which ruined his career?
That's not what I'm saying at all (did you read my post, or did you just add a reply because all the other wankers were pitching in?). I was saying that it was tragic that Kennedy got a career stopping injury in a tackle that he didn't have to make, simply  because he didn't hear the whistle.

Main Street

The tackle he did not have to make was not the cause of his injury.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Main Street on November 14, 2009, 04:38:51 PM
The tackle he did not have to make was not the cause of his injury.
More guff.

Main Street

You do put the anal in analysing Myles.
First time for everything in the history of analysing career ending tackles, Myles reckons that the  victim is to be responsible for receiving his injury by playing the game, for which Kennedy was on the receiving end of what most everybody else on the planet would include on their list worst ever tackles.

Probably already uploaded somewhere on you tube under worst ever tackles.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Main Street on November 14, 2009, 06:21:52 PM
You do put the anal in analysing Myles.
First time for everything in the history of analysing career ending tackles, Myles reckons that the  victim is to be responsible for receiving his injury by playing the game, for which Kennedy was on the receiving end of what most everybody else on the planet would include on their list worst ever tackles.

Probably already uploaded somewhere on you tube under worst ever tackles.
See my response to Archie Mitchell's post. You're deliberately trying to drag the thread up a blind alley to distract from the fact that you made an arse of yourself with your response to my first post. A veritable guff fest, IMO.  :D

the colonel

Myles it seems like your the w**ker, so don't start mouthing at us. So now the ref was only in the process of blowing the whistle? Where you never told to play to the whistle? Dick
the difference between success and failure is energy

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 14, 2009, 12:17:13 PM
Sad news about Kennedy.
Myles gets it wrong again about Celtic shocker!
LDA bit disappointed at that, Celtic realised that their maybe a negative reaction from a miniscule minority of away fans to a minutes silence, so requested a mins applause, this would have starved these people of any attention and not sullyed the occasion. But yet again it seems that the sensible option was ignored for, well who knows what reasons!

GDA I find it "disappointing" that anybody could try and turn the situation around and suggest its part of some anti-Celtic conspiracy. A minutes silence is the way this particular event is marked and it was quite correct that Falkirk insisted on it, and indeed no other club had any kind of problem with it. If Celtic cant control the moronic element of their support its their fault alone and to even imply a minute of applause was the "sensible" option or that it was "ignored" for anti-Celtic reasons is laughable. Im afraid GDA that the problem here was not Falkirks, its a lot closer to home than that.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on November 14, 2009, 10:10:33 PM
Sad news about Kennedy.
LDA bit disappointed at that, Celtic realised that their maybe a negative reaction from a miniscule minority of away fans to a minutes silence, so requested a mins applause, this would have starved these people of any attention and not sullyed the occasion. But yet again it seems that the sensible option was ignored for, well who knows what reasons!

GDA I find it "disappointing" that anybody could try and turn the situation around and suggest its part of some anti-Celtic conspiracy. A minutes silence is the way this particular event is marked and it was quite correct that Falkirk insisted on it, and indeed no other club had any kind of problem with it. If Celtic cant control the moronic element of their support its their fault alone and to even imply a minute of applause was the "sensible" option or that it was "ignored" for anti-Celtic reasons is laughable. Im afraid GDA that the problem here was not Falkirks, its a lot closer to home than that.

LDA a minutes applause is not a new thing in Britain or the rest of the world.
I didn't say it was "some anti-Celtic conspiracy", but if you cannot see the sensibility of Parkheads request then there is very little point in taking this further.
Tbc....

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 15, 2009, 12:37:57 AM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on November 14, 2009, 10:10:33 PM
Sad news about Kennedy.

LDA a minutes applause is not a new thing in Britain or the rest of the world.
I didn't say it was "some anti-Celtic conspiracy", but if you cannot see the sensibility of Parkheads request then there is very little point in taking this further.

I didnt suggest a minutes applause was a new idea. A minutes silence however is the way this particular event is marked in Scotland and indeed many other places. Falkirk were quite correct to proceed with that and the simple fact is that Celtic's "sensible" request was entirely about self interest and saving face for Celtic. Trying to deflect blame elsewhere doesnt wash, the simple fact is that Celtic were embarrased by a section of their support and it was nothing to do with any sensible request being turned down.

tyroneman

Dear Santa

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please do not bring Leon Best to Celtic Park.

Thank you.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: tyroneman on November 15, 2009, 01:47:37 PM
Dear Santa

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please do not bring Leon Best to Celtic Park.

Thank you.

You do realise that he'll now come because of you!  ;) ;)
Tbc....

Archie Mitchell

Stumbled across this website today.

http://sweepingsince1888.blogspot.com

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 17, 2009, 04:02:52 PM
Stumbled across this website today.

http://sweepingsince1888.blogspot com
http://sweepingsince1888.blogspot.com/

U missed a dot!!!!!

Nearly stopped when I read Rod Liddles name, but glad I carried on, what a horrible site populated by horrible people