Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Archie Mitchell

Forgot about that case. He should be well within his rights to claim. He would be foolish not to.

AFS

I'm surprised that case didn't open the floodgates as there's bound to be hundreds, if not thousands, of lads up and down the country that had their careers cut short by injury, and not just in soccer. Perhaps its rare enough to be able to pin point a specific career ending incident. In Kennedy's case he seems to have suffered a few other injuries on top of the one against Romania, so maybe that muddies the water a bit.

Main Street

Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 13, 2009, 08:16:54 PM
If I remember, there was also no need for John to make the tackle, as the referee had blown his whistle to stop play seconds before.

???

More guff.

the colonel

Quote from: Main Street on November 13, 2009, 09:44:28 PM
If I remember, there was also no need for John to make the tackle, as the referee had blown his whistle to stop play seconds before.

???

More guff.

well if the whistle had gone, why did Ganea have to make the challenge then Myles? What a load of shite
the difference between success and failure is energy

under the bar

QuoteIf I remember, there was also no need for John to make the tackle, as the referee had blown his whistle to stop play seconds before.

The pills and buckfast might have blurred your recollection somewhat.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Big John Hartson was on talksport tonight. Sounds like he's very well and is in with a fighting chance, though not out of the woods yet. Best of luck to him. Really looked very bad for him when the news first broke.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on November 13, 2009, 06:49:07 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 11, 2009, 09:22:44 AM
Quote from: ONeill on November 10, 2009, 10:06:47 PM
Fair play to the Celtic fans - rendition of Aidan McAnespie during the Remembrance silence on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5y2-U6Ll1Q&feature=related

Oh why did you do it?
Have you not the guts to say
You say it was an accident or even a ricochet
But like Loughgall and Gibraltar you´re lies are well renowned
You murdered Aiden McAnespie on his way to the Gaelic ground

Celtic had asked Falkirk last week could they have a minutes applause instead of silence, Falkirk turned them down flat.

Correct decision by Falkirk, why should they change their plans to try and save face for Celtic.

Really sorry to hear about John Kennedy. He hadnt had the chance to fully establish himself before the injury but he looked capable of being a really good footballer. It was a cowardly tackle in a friendly match which caused it, a real waste.
isnt the minutes applause the way they do things in European sport?

anyhow Celtic for the past few seasons have taken the precedent of using the minutes applause for all such commemortions - it makes more sense than a minute that is never a minute and can be ruined by one or two as opposed to hearing the actual support of a crowd !

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on November 13, 2009, 06:49:07 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 11, 2009, 09:22:44 AM
Quote from: ONeill on November 10, 2009, 10:06:47 PM
Fair play to the Celtic fans - rendition of Aidan McAnespie during the Remembrance silence on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5y2-U6Ll1Q&feature=related

Oh why did you do it?
Have you not the guts to say
You say it was an accident or even a ricochet
But like Loughgall and Gibraltar you´re lies are well renowned
You murdered Aiden McAnespie on his way to the Gaelic ground

Celtic had asked Falkirk last week could they have a minutes applause instead of silence, Falkirk turned them down flat.

Correct decision by Falkirk, why should they change their plans to try and save face for Celtic.

Really sorry to hear about John Kennedy. He hadnt had the chance to fully establish himself before the injury but he looked capable of being a really good footballer. It was a cowardly tackle in a friendly match which caused it, a real waste.
yet again way off the mark on all things Celtic - this time Kennedys inj and the tackle that lead to it

Archie Mitchell

Can't find the "challenge" anywhere on YouTube, but how anyone can say Kennedy was at fault for it and deserved what he got is a moron. Its quite clear that this challenge ended his career so he has every right to seek compensation from the Romanian FA and/or player.

Seen big John Hartson on Sky before the Swansea Cardiff match last Saturday and he was in great form then. Just finished his first bout of treatment and very optimistic.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Sad news about Kennedy.
Myles gets it wrong again about Celtic shocker!
LDA bit disappointed at that, Celtic realised that their maybe a negative reaction from a miniscule minority of away fans to a minutes silence, so requested a mins applause, this would have starved these people of any attention and not sullyed the occasion. But yet again it seems that the sensible option was ignored for, well who knows what reasons!

I see that we are being linked to Leon Best in the transfer market and Garry O'Connor at Birmingham.
Tbc....

Myles Na G.

???

More guff.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/scotland/2376069/Kennedy-suffers-devastating-blow.html
It's not on you tube anymore and it's difficult to find a comprehensive match report, but this one makes reference to the fact that the ref was, at very least, in the process of blowing for a free, if he hadn't already done so.
You, and others who post regularly on here about 'soccer', would be better off sticking to commenting on GAA games. You know know shite bugger all about football, that's for certain.

stew

Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 14, 2009, 02:54:12 PM

???

More guff.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/scotland/2376069/Kennedy-suffers-devastating-blow.html
It's not on you tube anymore and it's difficult to find a comprehensive match report, but this one makes reference to the fact that the ref was, at very least, in the process of blowing for a free, if he hadn't already done so.
You, and others who post regularly on here about 'soccer', would be better off sticking to commenting on GAA games. You know know shite bugger all about football, that's for certain.

wereas you are an expert in all things sawker!  ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Archie Mitchell

So what is it then? Did the referee blow his whistle to stop play seconds before the tackle as you say in your first quote, or was he about to or in the process off doing so in your second quote?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 14, 2009, 03:07:54 PM

I'm pretty sure the referee had actually blown the whistle, but I can't find a report which confirms that at this point.

So what is it then? Did the referee blow his whistle to stop play seconds before the tackle as you say in your first quote, or was he about to or in the process off doing so in your second quote?