Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tyroneman on November 07, 2009, 12:54:49 AM
Quotemaybe its just that he is great at spl level

Great? Seriously?
absolutely.

top spl scorer the other year and two yesterday...still short on confidence (as well as being short full stop!)

great in spl but not good enough for europe.

red hander

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 09, 2009, 03:48:13 PM

Didn't the RAF flatten Hamburg during the war?  Wonder if the Hamburg fans sang the Dambusters' theme and waved their arms about like wee hun aeroplanes.  TBF, Hamburg allocated a fair few tickets to St Pauli fans and publicly acknowledged their links to Celtic

Main Street

You have to admire the discipline of the effort that the Hamburg fans put into it.
Those German fans don't do half measures.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Jesus that performace was shite against Falkirk. Loovens and Robson walked about the place like the were world-beaters. Should've been beaten and no f**king harm if they had. I doubted Mowbray from the start. It's all starting to look like WBA last year without the nice passing. Can't defend (WTF was Mick at for the last goal), no cutting edge up front and no desire which is unacceptable. Just as well the other crowd aren't worth a shite. Hibs for the title.

rossie mad

Missed the falkirk game but was dissappointed with the result.Thought the hamburg was a good performance but at times these lads are as frustrating as a woman he wont admit shes wrong.

I still maintain that mowbray is given time although if these results keep coming id fear for him.
Can see levin or yogi bear being drafted in if that is the case which in my opionin isnt a step forward.

I fancy hibs to keep up with the pace as the other muppets are playing as bad as we are and will lose players in january and gain none with any hint of quality.

I wouldnt mind that in fairness as more competition is healthy in my eyes.
They were unlucky against hearts and should have won in my eyes.

If they hadnt to sell flecther they would probably be top now.

Also the arabs are keeping on the coat tails.
Imagine if four teams were fighing for the league when the split happens.

ONeill

Fair play to the Celtic fans - rendition of Aidan McAnespie during the Remembrance silence on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5y2-U6Ll1Q&feature=related

Oh why did you do it?
Have you not the guts to say
You say it was an accident or even a ricochet
But like Loughgall and Gibraltar you´re lies are well renowned
You murdered Aiden McAnespie on his way to the Gaelic ground
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

This probably won't happen, but it's getting veery interesting, Phil Gartside, Harry Rednapp, David Moyes and Martin O'Neill all backing a 2 tier premier league with both the Glasgow sides involved.
Also talk of maybe an Irish franchise for the Dubs!  ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8353937.stm

Old Firm switch up for discussion 

Proposals to accept Glasgow rivals Celtic and Rangers into an expanded Premier League will be put forward for consideration this week.
Bolton chairman Phil Gartside will pitch plans for a two-tier league of between 36 and 40 teams on Thursday.

It is understood there would be a top tier of 18 clubs, with promotion and relegation to and from the league.

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill and Spurs boss Harry Redknapp have backed the inclusion of the Scottish clubs.

Former Celtic manager O'Neill told BBC Radio 5 live: "I would like to see both teams in the Premier League. I think it would make the Premier League even stronger.

"I've been there, Celtic is just an unbelievable football club and Rangers also.

I would welcome Celtic and Rangers to English football if they wanted to play down here

Harry Redknapp
"I don't think for one minute the likes of ourselves, Aston Villa, would sit back and think 'well that's it', or just give up. I think all clubs would try and get stronger because of it."

Redknapp told the Daily Record: "I would welcome Celtic and Rangers to English football if they wanted to play down here.

"No doubt about it, I'm sure they would be good for the English game."

The proposals are a revival of Gartside's ideas which received a hostile reception from the Premier League's 20 chairmen six months ago.

However, Gartside, the driving force behind the revamp, has tweaked the original plans to include promotion and relegation to and from the dual-tier league, while the two Scottish clubs would initially be invited to join the lower tier.

The Bolton chairman is also believed to be open to inviting an Irish franchise into the league in the future.

Former Birmingham City chairman David Gold told BBC Radio 5 live that the Premier League needed "new thinking, new proposals, new ideas" to "save itself from itself".

However, Stoke owner Peter Coates said there was no need to change a league which was already an "enormous success".

"There is no indication that it [the Premier League] needs Rangers and Celtic to take it further," he said.
And BBC Sport's Dan Roan said the proposals would represent a "radical overhaul" of the pyramid structure.

"Gartside is one of the most powerful men in the English game," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

"He's one of the longest-serving chairman in the Premier League, a man who sits on the FA board, one of just three professional representatives on the FA board, so I think it's fair to say that it's a serious proposal and deserves to be listened to."

Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ONeill on November 10, 2009, 10:06:47 PM
Fair play to the Celtic fans - rendition of Aidan McAnespie during the Remembrance silence on Sunday.

Oh why did you do it?

Celtic had asked Falkirk last week could they have a minutes applause instead of silence, Falkirk turned them down flat.
Tbc....

Archie Mitchell

Sad news today that John Kennedy has been forced to retire due to injuries.

the colonel

Awful news, could have been a legend. Many saying he would have been captain of club and country by now. Hope he gets well looked after and stays in the game in some capacity
the difference between success and failure is energy

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 11, 2009, 09:22:44 AM

Oh why did you do it?

Celtic had asked Falkirk last week could they have a minutes applause instead of silence, Falkirk turned them down flat.

Correct decision by Falkirk, why should they change their plans to try and save face for Celtic.

Really sorry to hear about John Kennedy. He hadnt had the chance to fully establish himself before the injury but he looked capable of being a really good footballer. It was a cowardly tackle in a friendly match which caused it, a real waste.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on November 13, 2009, 06:49:07 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 11, 2009, 09:22:44 AM

Oh why did you do it?

Correct decision by Falkirk, why should they change their plans to try and save face for Celtic.

Really sorry to hear about John Kennedy. He hadnt had the chance to fully establish himself before the injury but he looked capable of being a really good footballer. It was a cowardly tackle in a friendly match which caused it, a real waste.
If I remember, there was also no need for John to make the tackle, as the referee had blown his whistle to stop play seconds before.

Archie Mitchell

Would he be entitled to any compensation due to injury ruining his career? Either from Scottish FA, Romanian FA or the player himself?

AFS

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 13, 2009, 08:24:00 PM
Would he be entitled to any compensation due to injury ruining his career? Either from Scottish FA, Romanian FA or the player himself?

Could be a precedent

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article4504210.ece