7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 01, 2009, 07:22:26 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 01, 2009, 03:58:36 PM
Quote from: Che on November 01, 2009, 01:53:21 AM
Quote from: Minder on October 28, 2009, 09:42:15 PM
Bring back Strachan !

are u serious? His role was to bring down the wage bill, that's why Celtic owe 3.5 mil to the bank and rangers owe 30 mil, from the boards perspective mission accomplished, from the fans, grey feckin hairs! I'm a lifelong hoops fan and am at the end of my theather
And while working wonders for the balance sheet, he also managed to bring in 3 titles and 2 last 16 champions league finishes. On the downside, he couldn't make a team put together with pennies play like Barcelona and he wasn't a 'Celtic man', so he had to go. Now we're virtually out of Europe by Christmas, we've looked unimpressive in the league and we're still not playing like Barcelona. On the plus side, we're managed by the man who invented the huddle, so that's okay.

Myles, would you ever give up the pretense that your a "Tim". Strachan won 3 leagues against the worst Huns side ever (as for losing the  last one!!) our last 16's in Europe were a god send (and lucky) see Martain O'Neill European record against WGS. As for Mowbrey this is the clincher, what Celtic man would slate a manager after 2 months. He's playing with Strachens team give the man a chance, oh right I forgot your a quisling.
No, I think the current Rangers team is even worse than any of the ones Strachan faced...and they beat us two or three weeks back.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 01, 2009, 10:09:37 PM
Bring back Strachan !

are u serious? His role was to bring down the wage bill, that's why Celtic owe 3.5 mil to the bank and rangers owe 30 mil, from the boards perspective mission accomplished, from the fans, grey feckin hairs! I'm a lifelong hoops fan and am at the end of my theather
And while working wonders for the balance sheet, he also managed to bring in 3 titles and 2 last 16 champions league finishes. On the downside, he couldn't make a team put together with pennies play like Barcelona and he wasn't a 'Celtic man', so he had to go. Now we're virtually out of Europe by Christmas, we've looked unimpressive in the league and we're still not playing like Barcelona. On the plus side, we're managed by the man who invented the huddle, so that's okay.

Myles, would you ever give up the pretense that your a "Tim". Strachan won 3 leagues against the worst Huns side ever (as for losing the  last one!!) our last 16's in Europe were a god send (and lucky) see Martain O'Neill European record against WGS. As for Mowbrey this is the clincher, what Celtic man would slate a manager after 2 months. He's playing with Strachens team give the man a chance, oh right I forgot your a quisling.
No, I think the current Rangers team is even worse than any of the ones Strachan faced...and they beat us two or three weeks back.
us !!!!

no - its much the same ranjers team as when gs lead celtic played them, they have prob improved with mendes and boughera if anything.

strachan should have won far more in scotland given how poor rangers were, and he had the title sewn up only to throw it away, and even as bad as Celtic are in europe this year, Mowbray has not displayed the complete lack of tactical nous that gs did when he made that complete mess against artmedia bratislava!

I see that gs has even managed to get a reasonably decent and currently winning middlesborough team to record a loss in his first game as manager too over the weekend. God help those poor boro fans !

full back

Was Mc Geady diving again at the weekend?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: full back on November 02, 2009, 09:43:48 AM
Was Mc Geady diving again at the weekend?
apparantly the ref though so.
Mowbray was not happy as he didnt think so ! He was quite angry in his statement in the press , so its another one where mcgeady may now have a rep for diving and it will go against him for his sin of not declaring for scotland!

Main Street

Based on the games last season, when Hartley played in front of the back 4, usually had what I'd call backward forehoof inter play between him and centre halves before aiming a lob in general direction of the centre circle.
There is a technical ineptness about Caldwell, McManus, Maloney, Robson and dare I say even Brown. As temp. replacements for Fox and Hinkel, both Naylor and Wilson were poor.

For coach with his reputation, some of Mowbray's selections and tactics have been baffling. I don't go for the players not playing with passion when I see Robson come on and Crosas still sitting on the bench. The argument about Robson being a horse for the spl course is wild. A good intelligent balanced passing team will beat a headless chicken Celtic team 9/10.

Crosas is by far the most football intelligent CM available to Celtic now. Him and N'Guemo could well be a neat partnership.

Clown

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 02, 2009, 09:40:43 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 01, 2009, 10:09:37 PM
Bring back Strachan !

us !!!!

no - its much the same ranjers team as when gs lead celtic played them, they have prob improved with mendes and boughera if anything.

strachan should have won far more in scotland given how poor rangers were, and he had the title sewn up only to throw it away, and even as bad as Celtic are in europe this year, Mowbray has not displayed the complete lack of tactical nous that gs did when he made that complete mess against artmedia bratislava!

I see that gs has even managed to get a reasonably decent and currently winning middlesborough team to record a loss in his first game as manager too over the weekend. God help those poor boro fans !

3 out of 4 league titles is a good achievement. as well as that i think its a disgrace that your putting BOTH champions league last 16 qualifications down to luck. how bitter are some of u against strachan??
perhaps you prefer the embarrassments we've suffered in europe so far this season, beacuase we aren't managed by a man who is sarcastic to the press and never played for or supported celtic

the rangers team we beat to the title got to the final of the uefa cup knocking out some pretty decent teams along the way in strachans 3rd year - they mite hav used negative tactics but this shows that they were pretty tough to beat.

rangers lost carlos cuellar, alan hutton 7 barry ferguson from that team and are undoubtedly weaker now in my opinion - and still wiped the floor with celtic a few weeks ago - a celtic side that if you listen to the manager from the start of june was going to play a creative brand of free-flowing football.
another trophy thrown away last midweek by Mowbrays men, you will probably argue that it isn't his team yet but he had all summer to bring in his own players and the jury is still very much out on every one of his signings so far.

Mowbray is a good man and i hope he can turn it around but i dont think he was ever good enough to manage Celtic

lfdown2

why in under fuk are we on here talking about the new middlesborough manager?

Clown

cos im sick of reading shite still blaming him for our current form and excusing Mowbray of any criticism or blame

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Clown on November 02, 2009, 03:50:45 PM
cos im sick of reading shite still blaming him for our current form and excusing Mowbray of any criticism or blame

I wouldn't excuse Mowbrey for our current run of poor form, but its undeniable that he is working with someone elses team. Like any manager he needs time to settle and make his own mark on the team, he also needs rid of at least 5 players who are just not good enough.
Tbc....

Myles Na G.

Good posts, Clown. You might've mentioned that, in addition to the changes in the Rangers team you highlight, their best player Bougherra (sp?) wasn't on the pitch against Celtic. As for this not being Mowbray's team - he brought in Fox, N'Guemo and Fortune. In addition, he has been reunited with Caldwell and Brown, players he relied on at Hibs. I'm not anti Mowbray. I'm just very angry at the way a successful manager was treated by a sizeable amount of Celtic fans, who seemed - and still seem - totally unwilling to give the man any credit at all for what were quite considerable achievements. It's all put down to foundations laid down by MON or the fact that Rangers were shite. As you point out Clown, Rangers were good enough to reach a European final, while MON's team was over the hill and in need of breaking up and replacing. Strachan did that on a shoestring and still managed to win titles. For that he was pushed aside for someone who couldn't a match in the English premier league.

Minder

Mowbray seems to be one of footballs losers, looks like he had brought it with him to Celtic.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

Why would you seem that Minder?

Because he couldn't keep west brom up in the EPL, he is one of football's losers?

slow corner back

Quote from: Main Street on November 02, 2009, 08:17:22 PM
Why would you seem that Minder?

Because he couldn't keep west brom up in the EPL, he is one of football's losers?
Ignore him Main street he is just sore because liverpool are currently showing the same form as west brom last year, six losses out of seven currently  :D

stew

Bring back Strachan !

Eh would you rather they owed 30 mil?

Strachan was successful and they are in far better shape than rangers.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.