Total Members Voted: 69

Che

i'll believe it when it happens due to so many false dawns before hand

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Doogie Browser

No mention of the Cliftonville result last night 3-0 to the Reds against a Celtic XI!  Anyone at it?  GDA?

illdecide

Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 14, 2009, 11:33:24 AM
No mention of the Cliftonville result last night 3-0 to the Reds against a Celtic XI!  Anyone at it?  GDA?

I read a bit there on the BBC Website and they said Celtic were woeful and they had a half decent team out too
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Doogie Browser

Quote from: illdecide on October 14, 2009, 11:37:48 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 14, 2009, 11:33:24 AM

I read a bit there on the BBC Website and they said Celtic were woeful and they had a half decent team out too

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/8305972.stm

Reds humiliate poor Celtic side 

Two Chris Scannell goals helped Cliftonville humiliate Celtic's second string 3-0 in Tuesday's friendly.

Celtic's starting line-up included Barry Robson, Japanese winger Koki Mizuno and recent signing Zheng Zhi.

However, the Celts produced an error-ridden display as two Chris Scannell goals put the Reds 2-0 up at the break.

Scannell almost completed his hat-trick at Solitude as he headed against the woodwork in the second half but Ciaran Caldwell hammered home the rebound.

Celtic controlled the early proceedings with Mizuno producing a couple of decent early runs.

Mizuno picked out Zheng Zhi in the penalty area but the Chinese player tried to find Paul McGowan instead of going for goal himself.

Against the run of play, Cliftonville took the lead in the 21st minute with Scannell glancing a header to the net after a superb cross from his brother Ronan.

Reds keeper John Connolly kept his side ahead two minutes later with a great save to deny McGowan's looping close-range effort.

Cliftonville were in firm control in the 31st minute thanks to another double act from the Scannell brothers with Ronan once again crossing for Chris to head to the net.

In charge for the night, Neil Lennon would have been expected to deliver a strong half-time team talk but Celtic's display was even worse after the break.

Francis Murphy should have made it 3-0 in the 48th minute after being allowed to waltz through the Celtic defence but he shot straight at the keeper.

But the third goal did come on the hour as the impressive Caldwell fired home from close range after Chris Scannell's header had thumped off the woodwork.

As Cliftonville tired in the closing changes, Celtic had late chances but McGowan and Mizuno were both off target.

Tuesday's game was the centrepiece on Cliftonville's 130th anniversary celebrations which includes the opening of a new stand and other facilities at Solitude

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

clarshack

the mowbray honeymoon seems to be well and truly over...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on October 19, 2009, 10:05:29 AM
Another crap show on Saturday. Was talking to a lad who was there and he said it was ten times worse than anything Strachan ever produced :'(

Watched the match in a pub in Ardoyne, George McCluskey was in attendence and was as disgusted at Celtic's lack of ability and return in the final third of the pitch as we were. In fairness we had most of the possession, but have no defense or strike force to worry any opposition atm.

Well here's hoping we can beat an under strength Hamburg side this week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8313156.stm
Tbc....

illdecide

I watched the match in my mothers house (dunno what satellite she has, the language was in Scandinavian i think) and TBh that Celtic team r going to put me in an early grave, they just seem to be deteriorating that we bit every year and it's hard to watch. We def need another 2 defenders and I'm not happy with our strike force at all, i don't care how many goals McDonald scores he's not Celtic class and should be moved on or at least kept on the bench for when things aren't working out. Nick the Greek has actually got good skill but is a lazy hoor and just does not work hard enough and he slows everything down, don't even get me started on the rest of the strikers.

The good forwards we've had over the years and now look what we have...it makes me sick TBH

C Nicholas
Dalglish
McGarvey
Burns
McGhee
McAvennie
Larsson
Sutton
Hartson
V Hoojdonk
Di Cannio
Dariusz Dziekanowski
Jorge Cadete
Lubo Moravcik
Mark Viduka
Brian McClair
Petrov
P McStay
Andy Walker

I know there are a few midfielders threw in there but they could score goals...now compare most of todays team to men mentioned above...Seriously WTF
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

rossie mad

poor result but the well always seem to put it up to us but i thought in celtic park we would get three points.

Im going to be patient in regards mowbray.He isnt a bad manager. When he was with hibs they were a joy to watch and were very hard to beat.

With west brom a run away promotion and not enough financial clout to stave off relegation.
The squad he inherited seem to have lost confidence and this is probably from a poor last season.

The hamburg match is a must win in my eyes not only in relation to the competition but also regards getting back confidence.

Would like to see a couple of signings in january with a few bits of dead wood gotton rid off starting with caldwell,naylor,wilson,samaras and robson.

Passengers in my eyes.

charlieTully

this is arguably the worst hoops team in 20 years. its defo the worst lot of centre backs we have ever had, caldwell yapping for more money, he is a clown of the first order and that other clown McManus, them two lads make bobo look first class. strachan for all his faults is miles better than t.m. Result needed tommorow night or the boo boys will dominate the stadium.

Clown

its the worst collection of strikers we've had in decades also
since hartson left we hav had nothing but donkey after donkey up front