?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Celtic much the better side but the central defence had a shocker for first 20 mins. 2-1 down.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Archie Mitchell

How did the ref not give Celtic penalties for the first 2. As clear as penalties as you'll see anywhere.

P.S Who's the blonde in the Sky Sports studio?

peterquaife

anyone got a link for the game?

thanks

clarshack

celts deserved at least a draw but just dont have enough ruthless players to make it happen. maloney for me just doesnt cut it - he will always miss the big chances. thought mccourt did well when he came on and should be given more game time. mowbray should give mcmanus and loovens a kick up the hole for handing the huns those 2 early goals. how many early goals have celtic conceded so far this season?

Square Ball

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 04, 2009, 01:33:04 PM
How did the ref not give Celtic penalties for the first 2. As clear as penalties as you'll see anywhere.

P.S Who's the blonde in the Sky Sports studio?

just thinking that myself
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hound

Minder

Bring back  Wee Gordon Strachan..............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffron sam2

Referee admits mistake

(mostly) From the bbc website.

Referee Craig Thomson has admitted he made a mistake in not giving a 12th-minute penalty to Celtic in Sunday's Old Firm derby against Rangers.

Shaun Maloney was pulled down by David Weir with his side one goal behind in a game they went on to lose 2-1.

Scottish FA referee chief Hugh Dallas was pleased with Thomson's overall display in the Old Firm derby at Ibrox.

But Dallas said: "He is disappointed at his error of judgement when he decided against awarding a penalty."

Thomson went on to book winger Maloney for simulation following a further, similar challenge by Weir that led to strong claims for a penalty.

The referee also booked Celtic's Mark Wilson, accusing the full-back of a dive following a challenge in the penalty area by Sasa Papac.

Inbetween those two incidents, Thomson had awarded a penalty to Celtic after Papac had upended Zheng Zhi, with Aiden McGeady scoring from the penalty spot to bring Celtic back into the match at 2-1.

"Taking charge of an Old Firm game is both high profile and challenging," said Dallas.

"Referees are well aware that their performance will be judged on calling the major decisions correctly.

"Craig and I have had our post match de-brief and a good chuckle about it down the lodge.

"Whilst I would compliment Craig for his overall handling of yesterday's encounter, he is disappointed at his error of judgement when he decided against awarding a penalty to the visiting team in the 12th minute.

"Our referees are fitter than they have ever been and our referees are better prepared for matches than they have ever been.

"We are working each and every day with our top officials to make sure that they are in a position to get the big calls right.

"However, mistakes are part and parcel of football. I think that it says a lot for the character and professionalism of Craig that he has been more than willing to hold his hands up on this one."
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Clown

Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2009, 01:01:00 PM
A load of Celtic callers and texters to the Daily Record's hotline yesterday calling for Mowbray to go already, complaining that he doesn't show enough passion, and his constant tinkering with central defence has shattered confidence entirely.

Ominous

initially when the vacancy arose and Mowbrays name was top of the betting, i wasn't very excited by the prospect, i found it a bit embarrassing that a manager who had just finished bottom of the premier league with west brom was now being linked with a club as big as Celtic.
However, I liked what i heard from him once he got the job - talking about how he likes his teams to play open and expansive football, and probably was swayed by the big welcome this ex celt got at coming back to manage the hoops
after 2 months of the season the jury is stil very much out on Mogga for me. the football ive watched so far this year from celtic, apart from the first half against Aberdeen, has been even worse than last season. along with a shambles of a defence and the totally clueless gameplan and performance in Sunday's old firm its hard to find much to be optimistic about at Celtic.

I agree it isn't Mowbrays team yet, but he did have all summer to work with what he had, and decide who to let go and who to birng in. Fox and Nguemo look like improvements on what we had, Fortune hasn't convinced me yet, bad luck with injurys tho

the quality of celtics players and manager just seems to be detarioirating season after season

Main Street

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 07, 2009, 01:32:40 PM
Referee admits mistake

(mostly) From the bbc website.

"Craig and I have had our post match de-brief and a good chuckle about it down the lodge.

;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Caldwell bullish over wage demand 

Gary Caldwell insists he has no regrets about speaking publicly about his wages disagreement with Celtic.

Ahead of Celtic's recent Europa League match against Hapoel Tel-Aviv, the defender said he would leave the club if his contract demands were not met.

Speaking ahead of Scotland's trip to Japan, Caldwell said he was simply offering an open view on his situation.

"I'm an honest person and, if someone asks me a question, then I'll give an honest answer," he said.

Caldwell warned Celtic ahead of their Europa League Group C encounter with Hapoel in Israel that he was prepared to leave the club if he failed to agree a new contract.

The 27-year-old Scotland international, whose deal runs out next summer, said Celtic were "kidding themselves on" if they felt his demands were too high.

As the former Hibernian defender prepared to fly out to Japan for Scotland's international friendly in Yokohama, he insisted that his demands were justified.

"If Celtic fans are unhappy with that then that's their opinion," said Caldwell.

"I've tried to do a job over the past few years and I feel I've done a good job."

Caldwell added there have been no further contract talks with Celtic.

Jezuz Caldwell really thinks he's the dogs bollocks.
Would be happy enough if we signed him up for a new contract then sold him on in Jan transfer window and cashed in.
Tbc....

Main Street

Should have been sold when there was a chance of some other managers paying over the odds for him, believing his POTY award to have some merit.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Lawwell putting forward the case for Celts getting out of SPL!
From BBC

Lawwell upbeat on Old Firm exit 

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell says Scottish football would benefit from increased competition if the Old Firm were to escape to pastures new.

"There are only two teams that can win the league," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"If you accept that competition is the lifeblood of sport, the Scottish model is seriously challenged.

"If Celtic and Rangers did play in another environment, I think it would enhance the game because you would have more competition."

At a meeting in November, the English Premier League are to discuss the possibility of a two-tier set-up, which could involve the Glasgow sides.

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside is the driving force behind the idea to include Rangers and Celtic in two divisions of 18 teams.

Lawwell revealed that Celtic would consider joining the English league at the lowest level - if it meant they had a chance of playing in their Premier League one day.

The club would be prepared to enter the English pyramid at the base if it would benefit them in the long-term, he said.

The issue has been raised several times over the years, with many fearing the loss of the Old Firm's financial muscle would be ruinous for the Scottish game.

However, when speculating about a future exit, Lawwell added: "When there is something to play for, the crowds go up.

"And, if we move, there may be some sort of interim solidarity payment to see the clubs through the transition."

Lawwell is convinced change is inevitable and believes Celtic have the potential to be a major European player if the club can escape the constraints of the Scottish Premier League.

"For certain, things won't stay the same," he said. "There are so many dynamics in world football at the moment and the world is getting smaller.

"We have very strong fundamentals. In the last Deloitte's report we were the eighth biggest club in the world for match-day takings.

"If we had the TV rights value that you get in England, then there is no barrier for Celtic.

"If you look at our story and compare it to Manchester United: the beginnings, the triumphs, the tragedies, the characters, they are almost identical.

"But we play in a country of five million people and Manchester United play in the most successful league in the world.

"We continually look in awe at what's happened in England. The English Premier League is an absolutely fantastic product."

When asked about the possibility of an Atlantic League proposal being revived, Lawwell was less enthusiastic.

"It was looked at in great detail seven or eight years ago but it seemed to be a little bit of a Frankenstein; bits taken from here and there and there were no real national rivalries," he explained.

"There would be an initial media interest but whether that would be sustainable is questionable. And there would need to be some sort of integration with the Champions League.

"From our point of view, we'd be looking at something more natural.

"We have a watching brief at the moment. There are some initiatives going on, I think, in England and there is some discussion in terms of extending the Champions League, which we would be very keen to participate in."

"Celtic and Rangers are massive clubs. Celtic certainly has a global reach. Our frustration is that we play in a very small market and we don't have a regular platform to tell the Celtic story from," he added.

"We're looking for an opportunity to participate in an environment that gives us that global exposure. And hopefully, through time, that will come.

"We need someone to want us. And, if that benefits Celtic and its supporters, then we'd be delighted to take part."

Tbc....