Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

rossie mad

I see the Hibees have signed liam miller who was a free agent since may.
it will be interesting to see how he fairs out.
He isnt near the same player as he was in 02 and 03 but with signing for an above average spl side with a good spirit i think he could have a good season if he gets back to match fitness.

not an easy ten days ahead for the Bhoys with dundee utd on saturday at home and hapoel tel aviv away on thursday followed by the little huns on sunday in paradise.
Saturdays game will be tough.the arabs are a decent side and will be up for it while tel aviv away will be a different experience totally.

Any one heading to any of the games?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Rossie, United tomorrow will be that little bit harder given our injures/suspension.
Aidaniho out, Brown, Artur and Fortune all poss out.
On the positives looks like Robson and Wilson are back match fit, also Paddy McCourt put in a good performance against Cork on Tuesday - see link for short match report.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_100909094131.aspx
Tbc....

An Fear Dearg

Celtic are playing Cliftonville in a friendly at Solitude on Tuesday 13 October.

http://www.cliftonvillefc.net/news_celticfixture_110909.html

Will be their first visit to North Belfast since the infamous game in August 1984.  It's in the gap between the two internationals dates (10th and 14th October) so since Scotland have no games, Celtic will bring over a team largely made up of Scottish internationals but without Boruc, McGeady and Samaras.

lynchbhoy

huns held 0-0 away to motherwell.
Not unexpected with the teetering huns not convincing thus far this season.
Motherwell who were dire in preseason have started the spl well and have only two or three players starting from last years team - along with new manager.
A young side and are hard to beat. Missed a penalty that coul dhave got them the three points.
Other teams will take note and realise rangers are there for the taking.

Celtic will have it hard against Dundee utd who last season were more than a match for rangers and Celtic found hard to beat.
Expect Celtic to grind out a win though- though will find it tough while missing a few first choice players !

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

lynchbhoy

1-1 ft celtic should have won that . missed mcgeady and the 433 didnt work , maloney shocking.
thought that while mcginn looked lively, he lacks any product or skill and all the athleticism in the world wont make up for it.  not good enough. maybe he can be coached but on what I saw today I really doubt it.
inverness caledonian type material !

Gaffer

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 12, 2009, 04:58:52 PM
1-1 ft celtic should have won that . missed mcgeady and the 433 didnt work , maloney shocking.
thought that while mcginn looked lively, he lacks any product or skill and all the athleticism in the world wont make up for it.  not good enough. maybe he can be coached but on what I saw today I really doubt it.
inverness caledonian type material !

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/celtic-chat/69790-official-celtic-v-dundee-utd-match-chat-thread-17.html

McGinn got good reviews on this thread 
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Gutted.
As usual the forces of darkness drop points and we don't take advantage!
Ok possible penalty decision (hand ball) turned down in the dying minutes but it doesn't take away from the fact that we looked sterile up front again.
McGinn had a great debut (albeit raw) and I think with a bit of coaching he will be a fantastic player, but we are gagging for a decent striker, cannot go the whole season scoring from set pieces!!   >:(
Tbc....

illdecide

I see on the BBC site today Celtic are linked to Robbie Keane??? that man would score 40 goals a season at Celtic but how the hell could we pay his wages...the mans prob on about 80-£100k a week at Spurs
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

Quote from: illdecide on September 14, 2009, 11:54:48 AM
I see on the BBC site today Celtic are linked to Robbie Keane??? that man would score 40 goals a season at Celtic but how the hell could we pay his wages...the mans prob on about 80-£100k a week at Spurs
I always thought Keane was 'Larsson-lite' - a poor mans henrik.
Plays the same kind of game but isnt quite as good a goal scorer. Still would do a job in spl and europe.
Better than a lot of strikers Celtic have had.

Keane is a wealthy lad and could take a cut to join celtic if he was interested in playing in next seasons cl.
As its unlikely he will ever get the chance playing for spurs, even then he may not be first choice at white hart lane!

AFS

Quote from: illdecide on September 14, 2009, 11:54:48 AM

Aye but its in the BBC gossip column, where they are quoting the Daily Mirror. Complete fairy tale.

Main Street

Is it common for the Mirror to write with such unsubstantiated certainty?
Must be, if there are people to swallow it.

Lynchboy,
Robbie can't head for shíte,with one or two exceptions.

Doyle would be more of a fit for the lite version of the elegant Larsson style.
He cost about £7m
Considering what Celtic spent on Maloney and Fortuné, add their wages and you could come close to getting a decent Larsson lite.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on September 14, 2009, 01:28:01 PM
Is it common for the Mirror to write with such unsubstantiated certainty?
Must be, if there are people to swallow it.

Lynchboy,
Robbie can't head for shíte,with one or two exceptions.

Doyle would be more of a fit for the lite version of the elegant Larsson style.
He cost about £7m
Considering what Celtic spent on Maloney and Fortuné, add their wages and you could come close to getting a decent Larsson lite.
dont disagree with that ms

keane is larsson lite - Larsson was actually superb with the head for a small guy !
Like larsson keane creates a lot of chances for others and is an erratic finisher - will score the hard ones more than the easy ones and like larsson isnt great at one on ones !

Would take doyle in a flash, but think I read a couple of years back that robbie keane would like to play for celtic if the chance arose. he looks like he will be out of favour at spurs soon too....

lynchbhoy

whatever about fortune - maloney is dreadful. I could never warm to him - ok he has scored some great goals but doesnt contribute nearly enough to merit a place n the squad let alone the team for me !
I know I am harsh on mccourt and mcginn, but at least they try to pass the ball. maloney is head down one trick pony headless chicken.