?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 31, 2009, 09:42:19 PM
No sympathy for McGeady. Referee was correct.

Indeed, sods law it would happen with Celtic on Sunday after all the controversy at the Emirates! It was a blatant dive by McGeady and the ref was correct with his decision.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

McGeady has and most likely will be punished more, Celtic gained no benefit from the incident - young fella tried to avoid a tackle and went down without contact being made, but even Hibs manager John Hughes has said that he should not have been sent off.

Anyway back to more revelent events at the club on transfer deadline day - Darren O'Dea has signed a 3 year extension to his contract and has now left to join Reading on a short loan deal, also Coventry and Wolves looking Chris Killen on loan.
TM may let him go if he gets another striker in before 5.30pm today.
Tbc....

Main Street

The transfer window is closed for the SPL except for an extra days trading with the EPL, looks like all on the poll list have survived.
On the poll toppers,
i'd say most here are glad to have a revitalised McGeady and an in form Boruc still there.

full back

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 01, 2009, 11:25:31 AM
McGeady has and most likely will be punished more, Celtic gained no benefit from the incident - young fella tried to avoid a tackle and went down without contact being made, but even Hibs manager John Hughes has said that he should not have been sent off.

That is commonly called a dive :-\

He deserved to go without a doubt & as someone said it is sod's law after all the yapping from the Celtic camp after the Eduardo incident

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: full back on September 01, 2009, 11:31:28 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 01, 2009, 11:25:31 AM

That is commonly called a dive :-\

He deserved to go without a doubt & as someone said it is sod's law after all the yapping from the Celtic camp after the Eduardo incident

Thats one way of viewing it - point being that it's done time to move on. I will agree that the timing of the incident couildn't have been any worse!

Mainstreet agree, it is good that we seem to have held onto our better players with the two you mentioned seeming to have found a new breath of life to their game.

Tbc....

full back

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 01, 2009, 11:34:58 AM
Thats one way of viewing it - point being that it's done time to move on. I will agree that the timing of the incident couildn't have been any worse!

Its the only way to view it

At least call a spade a spade unlike Mobray & Wenger

the colonel

Absolute madness to let O'Dea go. Should be in first choice with Loovens. Think that will bite us in the hole
the difference between success and failure is energy

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

FB why do you persist in spelling Tony Mowbray's surname "Mobray"?
Honestly just curious as i have seen it spelt like that elsewhere on other forums, but it was usually by rangers fans.
Tbc....

full back

Must mean I am a gers fan then............

Wouldnt say I persist in spelling it that way :-\
Persist would mean I have done it on numerous occasions. I would say if I spelt it that way once that would be the height of it

Dont know why, but in future I will spell it Mowbray

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: full back on September 01, 2009, 01:53:08 PM
Must mean I am a gers fan then............

Wouldnt say I persist in spelling it that way :-\
Persist would mean I have done it on numerous occasions. I would say if I spelt it that way once that would be the height of it

Dont know why, but in future I will spell it Mowbray

Wasn't having a go, just seems to be a right few on here and other boards (may have mistaken you for them sorry) who spell it Mobray, I'm genuinely interested to know if it's a slagging thing.  ???
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

We've tied up the Lorean fella to come in Jan, talk about an Indian and now this:

1611: Scottish latest: Celtic aim to complete a two-year deal for the China captain Zheng Zhi, who is a free agent after leaving Charlton at the end of last season. So, no rush to beat the 5pm deadline....

Lawwell must be looking to sell loads of those bumble bee tops!
Tbc....

Main Street

;D
A truly muck design.

How does that original green and black hooped shirt design

materialise into this luminous yellow and black on the pitch?

Hound

Ex-player watch

After one season with Ajax, Evander Sno has been loaned to Bristol City for the season with a view to a permanent move.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Hound on September 02, 2009, 08:00:34 AM
Ex-player watch

After one season with Ajax, Evander Sno has been loaned to Bristol City for the season with a view to a permanent move.

Jan the man to Hull.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/8235447.stm
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Venue change for Celtic Euro tie 

The Austrian national stadium hosted the Euro 2008 final

Celtic's away match against Rapid Vienna in the Europa League has been moved to Austria's national stadium.

The match was due to be staged at the 20,000-seater Hanappi stadium, but the club say they have received 100,000 ticket requests.

The game will now be played at the 50,000-capacity Happel Stadium on Wednesday 17 December.

The Happel Stadium hosted the Euro 2008 final between tournament winners Spain and Germany.

Rapid Vienna, who knocked Aston Villa out of the competition, visit Celtic Park on Thursday 1 October.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8235820.stm
Tbc....